Can't connect or update...

Options
orionsx455
orionsx455 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Okay, this is a wierd one. I manually patched the game by copying the entire game folder to my laptop via my LAN. The game is now at the correct version. The only thing is, now I can't connect to any of the server's, despite your website saying they're up. Here's the odd part: on my Win XP Pro-based desktop, connected to the same LAN, I can access the game just fine, but my Vista Ultimate-based laptop can't connect to any of the servers.

I can manually connect to the patch site via a browser (I get a 404 error, but its a server-side 404 so I know the server is connecting.) Also, traceroute runs fine, ending at hop 18 at a edge*....pnap.net. No firewall is running, and I've designated this laptop for port forwarding on the 29000 port for the game servers, and still nothin. What am I missing?
Post edited by orionsx455 on

Comments

• pvl
    pvl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yea I have the same problem it says "unable to connect to server" when I log in.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have you checked the Windows Firewall? Vista usually defaults to it being on, especially if you got the system from a major company, and that will block the elementclient.exe by default.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orionsx455
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No, I've disabled all firewalls. Still can't connect. Any other ideas?
  • gattsuru
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Are you on the Administrator or a Normal User level account? Running any programs such as PeerGuardian, or virus scanners with firewalls included?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orionsx455
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am an administrator, and no, no security software is running. I disabled them all prior to asking for help.
  • orionsx455
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Um, guys? I still can't get in...
  • gattsuru
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Please contact support ticketing, with a reference to this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.