Pet Taming ????

booky08
booky08 Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Venomancer
Hello:
Noob here ......Can someone explain the pet taming process....everytime I click on "tame pet" icon I get a failed message and wondering what I'm doing wrong ???? I was thinking that the pet taming is similiar to other games where you click the icon and then the pet gets put in your pet list ???????
Post edited by booky08 on

Comments

• Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You'll be more successful if you wait till the HP of the mob you're trying to tame is lower than half b:victory

Just make sure your pet doesn't kill it before you finish casting the tame spell! lol
  • zalendor
    zalendor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Okay how do i GET the pet taming skill? im already lvl 7 but the Pioson woman wont geive me the tame skill
  • Marlah - Sanctuary
    Marlah - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pet Skill Trainer in any city.
    you get some options. one of them - i cant remember off the top of my head, teaches you pet skills. Like Tame, Heal, and Revive for your pets.

no the venomancer trainer doesnt teach these pet skills, oviously. weeee b:bye
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Also, to learn this skill, you have to have done the lvl 7 "Sacred Beast" quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear
    ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    you get some options. one of them - i cant remember off the top of my head, teaches you pet skills. Like Tame, Heal, and Revive for your pets.

The option you're looking for is "Tame Pet" if I'm not mistaken.
  • gigawill3
    gigawill3 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    where do i go for this lvl 7 "sacred beast" quest
  • barbequepirate
    barbequepirate Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've found it easier to tame the pet after casting the "Ironwood Scarab" skill on the creature you intend to tame. I'm sure it's because of the armor breaking aspect of the spell.

I've never failed taming while the beast is "armor broken" but I believe it's just coincidence.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've found it easier to tame the pet after casting the "Ironwood Scarab" skill on the creature you intend to tame. I'm sure it's because of the armor breaking aspect of the spell.

I've never failed taming while the beast is "armor broken" but I believe it's just coincidence.

It's just a coincidence as it's the amount of health it has left that determines success or failure.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • barbequepirate
    barbequepirate Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's just a coincidence as it's the amount of health it has left that determines success or failure.
    Mayhap it's the amount of damage that Ironwood Scarab does. If I recall correctly, is does a higher amount than Venomous Scarab.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Mayhap it's the amount of damage that Ironwood Scarab does. If I recall correctly, is does a higher amount than Venomous Scarab.

All that matters is how much health it has left. How you get there is irrelevant.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Elannah - Sanctuary
    Elannah - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am level 22 and always fail trying to tame a scout Lynxus..if I am reading the posts correctly, I will not beable to complete the level 12 quest until I have around 1400hp..I have just over 700 now..I do not raise vitality alot so I persume I will be waiting a very very long time to complete the quest?
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am level 22 and always fail trying to tame a scout Lynxus..if I am reading the posts correctly, I will not beable to complete the level 12 quest until I have around 1400hp..I have just over 700 now..I do not raise vitality alot so I persume I will be waiting a very very long time to complete the quest?

I tamed my scout lynxus when I was level 12 or 13.

I had my pet attack and then I started taming. When my tame finished channeling, my pet had done 75% damage and my tame worked. I had to try twice, though, because my first lynxus died because I waited too long before I started taming him.

Also, if I were having problems in a quest because I was taking too much damage, and my pet was dying, I would use fox form. Or maybe I would ask a tiger to help me?
  • deaththing
    deaththing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You'll be more successful if you wait till the HP of the mob you're trying to tame is lower than half b:victory

Just make sure your pet doesn't kill it before you finish casting the tame spell! lol

hi i need help i cant tame a beast whether or not the HP is low it just fails please help i really want a better pet b:surrender
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    deaththing wrote: »
    hi i need help i cant tame a beast whether or not the HP is low it just fails please help i really want a better pet b:surrender

another aspect you have to consider is how tamable is the pet. By that I mean that next to its name it should be having a green (or orange but that will be tougher) little face. If it doesn't have that, then it cannot be tamed. If it is red it again will fail. If orange, your chances are good but not as good as when it is green... also make sure you have at least one empty space in your bag
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A lot of this has been said already, but I'd just like to sum it up. The factors that need to be considered are the pet's hp, the pet's lvl, and whether or not the pet is even tameable. Only certain mobs can become tamed pets (this is indicated by the little icon that looks like a face). When you click on the mob, you'll see their status bar on your screen. Next to their name (in that status bar), there is a picture of what looks like an animal face. If that isn't there, it cannot ever be tamed. If the pet is a higher lvl than you, you must wait till you reach that lvl to tame it. The closer the mob is to your lvl, the lower you need to drop it's hp before you tame it. Also, certain mobs can be tamed easier than others.

As for needing 1400 hp for a lvl 12 quest... that'll never happen. Each class can solo every quest quite easily up until lvl 19. If you are having trouble with a quest at lvl 12, you must simply learn to use the venomancer's best tool (it's pet) a little better.
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A lot of this has been said already, but I'd just like to sum it up. The factors that need to be considered are the pet's hp, the pet's lvl, and whether or not the pet is even tameable. Only certain mobs can become tamed pets (this is indicated by the little icon that looks like a face). When you click on the mob, you'll see their status bar on your screen. Next to their name (in that status bar), there is a picture of what looks like an animal face. If that isn't there, it cannot ever be tamed. If the pet is a higher lvl than you, you must wait till you reach that lvl to tame it. The closer the mob is to your lvl, the lower you need to drop it's hp before you tame it. Also, certain mobs can be tamed easier than others.

As for needing 1400 hp for a lvl 12 quest... that'll never happen. Each class can solo every quest quite easily up until lvl 19. If you are having trouble with a quest at lvl 12, you must simply learn to use the venomancer's best tool (it's pet) a little better.

for that matter I suggest you read the guides on the top of the veno forum as they have valuable information. if you further use the forum search, you can find other similar forums and see the replies there too
    ..and since PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT experiment a lil with ur pet and different fighting styles until u find ur proper one

oh and about the ability to solo as a veno, I (with a walker) managed to solo farng (a miniboss) at 31 as well as many other mobs/ minibosses etc and that keeps on and on and on we can tank and dd what more is there to ask?
    ( I know, I know, a personal airplane and Gate's riches but well... all this is irrelevant) b:chuckleb:victory
  • darks21
    darks21 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    can u help me answer my question can we tame the beast aranied hexxer? cause i cant tame it and if we cant tame it what else that looks like that can we tame here is my email add. francis.malang@ymail.com
  • somi1010
    somi1010 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    okay, so I have a weird problem. My taming icon was working fine until level 12... and suddenly it is "greyed" out and unavaiable. I tried clicking on the scout lynxus to see if it would make itself available and it didn't work. I went to the pet trainer and the skill is clearly activated. I'm totally at a loss. Have I run into a glitch or is there something else I need to do? (i read through a lot of threads and haven't come across someone who has the same problem). HELP!!
  • somi1010
    somi1010 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oh man... I JUST figured it out! My inventory bag was full! LOL! Go figure... I've been trying to figure it out for 30 minutes... and finally I decide to post a plea for help... and one minute later, I find the solution! LOL!
  • zaniinz
    zaniinz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

then y can't i get the tame skill i tried there only was Revive pet and Heal pet no Tame pet.
    i REALLY want to tame one!!! b:cry
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You can learn the tame skill when you have the skill book you get after doing the level 7 Sacred Beast quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Poisonfeline - Archosaur
    Poisonfeline - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the icon your looking for is pet related skills from the pet teacher.
    after you complete the sacred beast quest you may get it from her b:pleased
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the icon your looking for is pet related skills from the pet teacher.
    after you complete the sacred beast quest you may get it from her b:pleased

Holy double necro batman!

Don't necro threads. b:bye