Some crafting questions

markize
markize Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2009 in The Crafting Nook
Hi, Im new to the game.. Recetly reached lvl 18, been just running around doing quests most of the time and learning some skills.. I play pure mage Veno btw. So Im wondering what crafting skills are worth learn/maxing and at what point should I start using them?

I played Last Caos before and crafting skills were almost useless in the game, so Im not very familiar with importance of the crafting in other mmorpg game. What I mean is.. If I need to learning blacksmith and tailor skills, at what lvl will it become cheaper for me to craft my own gear rather than buying it? Like now at lvl 18 I guess I should not yet start bothering about crafting any..
Post edited by markize on

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I could answer your question about when crafting becomes cheaper than purchasing "almost immediately" or "never" and either way I would be equally correct (not totally correct, but close).

You do not really save money by making stuff, but you can make higher quality things than you can buy (except from other players for really expensive prices).

Also, if you use light armor, tailoring your own armor quickly becomes extremely prohibitive. I have that skill and I can almost never make anything for myself because I would need too much leather. (So I currently make armor for my friends and I have that skill available when I want to use a mold).
  • markize
    markize Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well.. i started to gather all the material i could find while grinding... after that i went to see what I could craft out of it, and managed to make some stuff. and it wasnt all that bad. at least i could sell it back to npc if it wasnt good enough.

and oh, one question might now how to do much with this.. I had some soulgem but I when I tried to use it, it said "no sockets availible".. What exactly is the problem? I managed to succeed once with this, but rest of the time I got that same mesage.
  • Evilfoxxxe - Heavens Tear
    Evilfoxxxe - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the item must have a socket to use a soul gem