Non-combat Pets in TW

2»

Comments

• Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I concur with this post and would like to offer additional insight

RQ are heros in real life and we are also heroes in game. The GZ villians use these pets to spread pestilence.

So I ask you, devs, where is u brain? WHERE IS U BRAIN

Made of pure win.
  • Renne - Lost City
    Renne - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree, squash the birds.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2009
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Agreed, it has already been labeled as bug abuse to use the cata as a "cover" to avoid from being targeted. Having non-battle pets in TW is completely pointless. There is no reason for them to be enabled other than the fact that they promote this so called bug abuse. A fair TW would be two guilds fighting head to head based on skill and strength, not stupid bugs.

Well said.
    +1 for removing all-class pets.
  • Vigor - Lost City
    Vigor - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Agreed. Remove them, kthx.
  • Malefica - Lost City
    Malefica - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm totally agree. No pets in TW.
    That is not a strategy.

No Pets No Mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Syndicate - Lost City
    Syndicate - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BRAIN, where it be at?

r3m0ve that them there nonkombat pets pls
    i beg u men.

U Brain: I has it
    9rjfi1.jpg
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Look at the amount of lost city players being carebears...

Anyway, cant target? Aim for the catapult and spam AoE attacks.
    Oh? Your AoE costs 2 sparks? There is a reason why the game offered your OTHER AoE skills that costs 0 chi. Yes, the same ones every guide will say they "suck".
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Oh? Your AoE costs 2 sparks? There is a reason why the game offered your OTHER AoE skills that costs 0 chi. Yes, the same ones every guide will say they "suck".

You are obviously clueless, "just spam aoes" won't work when you need to stop a rush fast, you need to focus.
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    He should know, as a cleric, you have much better things to do to catapult pullers than to uselessly spam a weak skill hardly anyone even bothers to level. Can you sleep, root, slow, or debuff an elysium fowl? No? Then shut the **** up.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    +1

**** the birds
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Because of course AoE's is all it takes to kill fully buffed WB's using pots/turtle/being healed. PvE server noobs FTL.
  • DddddfunLOL - Lost City
    DddddfunLOL - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Because of course AoE's is all it takes to kill fully buffed WB's using pots/turtle/being healed. PvE server noobs FTL.

klath is brilliant, oh wait you cant click the catapult either with a bird blocking it. the carebear totally knows more about tw than us. remove birds plsss
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At least i am not the one crying here.
  • Platypuss - Lost City
    Platypuss - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Crying were stating a fact, it is a problem and for what are they for? Theres no bypassing it. It is completely pointless you have to find a different angle of the target in order to FINALLY click your target, it is dumb if you do not its glitchy then you are probably one of the users abusing its power which mean your dependent on a glitch and dont know how to play TW. Its obvious that those flying pets shouldn't be there because they were a unforseen side effect of making TW fly. Past TWs did not have that problem.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Crying were stating a fact, it is a problem and for what are they for? Theres no bypassing it. It is completely pointless you have to find a different angle of the target in order to FINALLY click your target, it is dumb if you do not its glitchy then you are probably one of the users abusing its power which mean your dependent on a glitch and dont know how to play TW. Its obvious that those flying pets shouldn't be there because they were a unforseen side effect of making TW fly. Past TWs did not have that problem.

No menz, those froggies are gigantic.
  • Malefica - Lost City
    Malefica - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Desinstall the game please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Remove them, looks kinda **** to go to war with a gigantic pink bird flying next to you anyways.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    YES i agree - remove them from TW b:beg
    So tired of clicking birds. And using one yourself (which u have to in TW or u will get targeted first since everyone else is cowered by birds) also is a bish since u end up targeting your own stupid bird all the time. But the purpose of all class pets (beside looking rich or name it after your guildleader) is pvp. Prolly the only reason devs made all-class pets is so that other classes will be just as hard to target as venos in fly combat. And outside TW when not abused by catapullers i do think its legit. And zhenning inside a **** huggy bunny pet as cleric or DD is kinda nice when ppl come to crash b:cute.
  • Link - Lost City
    Link - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I totally agree, they suck in TW -.-. Remove pls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i agree as well

/signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Notorious - Lost City
    Notorious - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i agree to take off non-combat pets in TW

but i dont think this suggestion gonna be heard like the phoenix issue

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    LOL

Although they should be removed, I do think this is kinda funny. b:laugh

BL have so many non-combat pets, it's like they have a second team of bodyguards b:shocked
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    they are just annoying, i had an ohter chance to get annoyed last night again.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'll admit, I've never done a TW yet. I doubt I ever will since no serious guild that does them will ever recruit me. But all that aside, people seem to buy the Fowl just for the blocking. I've even seen threads asking which pet is BEST for blocking. I don't even do TW as of now and I still find it ridiculous. TW should be about which guild is better, not who can click another player first.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have not participated in TW. So, you can ignore my post if you want.

My opinion is that the devs are trying to make the game to resemble real life conditions (I do not think this is a bug).

In real wars is unethical and in some instances criminal to target enemies hiding among innocents. In the game the pets represent the innocents.

All class pets should be usefull for something and probably this is their use.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I have not participated in TW. So, you can ignore my post if you want.

My opinion is that the devs are trying to make the game to resemble real life conditions (I do not think this is a bug).

In real wars is unethical and in some instances criminal to target enemies hiding among innocents. In the game the pets represent the innocents.

All class pets should be usefull for something and probably this is their use.

True, it may be unethical to kill innocent people, but when has that stopped anyone during a war? Would be fine if they can at least die in 1 shot, where you can aoe to get rid of it and still do dmg to the cata puller. But having a click box that covers 90% of your character's click box and cannot be attacked or bypassed with shift and alt clicking is ridiculous. It's hard enough to target some1 like that in the air, on the ground with a stationary cata puller it's impossible, especially since you can only assist atk party members. So even if someone did have a target from before the puller stopped moving, only his party can assist them.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I actually find more annoying when I try to target a NPC but I can't due to other players and Cat shops.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's really dumb, 9/10 of TW is clicking elysium fowls.
    Think of them as meatshields.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh