Problems Patching...

Options
orionsx455
orionsx455 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Okay, so, like many other people, I'm unable to patch Perfect World. I've tried the auto-patch and the manual patch, as well as redownloading the manual patch from a different source. Getting pretty irritated too. When I try the manual patch, the patcher reports "Update Server Connection Failed." When I try the auto-patch, the installer first closes and runs one patch, which downloads a .bmp file, then downloads it again, then says connection interrupted, and restarts the launcher. Then the launcher tries to update, and it downloads one file, and freezes. It tries to download vssver2.scc. Out of curiosity I tried pinging the patch server and got no response, and a traceroute also gets no response after about the 18th hop. I'm using Cox Cable internet, and running Windows Vista Ultimate on a Sony Vaio SZ110 laptop.
Post edited by orionsx455 on

Comments

• orionsx455
    orionsx455 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Okay, so I can't upload my DXDiag file here. Nice. Not even with Code tags, its too long.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Pwipatch.perfecworld.com's servers are behind a firewall that doesn't allow ICMP-8s through. This is a pretty typical anti-denial-of-service method. The best test is to visit the page yourself -- if you're able to get a connection, you'll see the phrase "nginx" under the 404 error and horizontal line; if not you'll just get your browser's favorite error message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hummusnchips
    hummusnchips Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I got all the same problems as the first guy above.

Same vsserv problem, manual patching fails and says Update server connection failure

Checked that link to the site, and I get "nginx", now what..?
  • hummusnchips
    hummusnchips Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    in addition im running windows xp and decent cable internet (i can play xbox live real well, wc3, used to play *********)
This discussion has been closed.