Have to make a decision between earning EXP and earning money, it seems....

Options
damani
damani Posts: 105 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I am a level 65 Wizard.

I have been grinding on foxwings since level 60, and I rather like them. Even at level 65 they still give me 300 EXP.

Now I see I can do justice quests, but there are problems. The mobs that Justice Quest lets you kill are much tougher than these foxwings, do more damage, but give the same EXP b/c they are ground mobs (vs Air mobs giving more). In addition to this huge drawback, they seem to drop items at 1/5 the rate (or even less). In addition to having to pay 12k for the quest itself, it seems like doing the justice quests will get me more EXP, but at the cost of having money.

Any thoughts? Should I just stick to my lvl 60 air mobs for now?
Post edited by damani on

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You can move on to the level 62 flying mobs at Dreaming Cloud or the 68 flying mobs in the Swamps. At ~70-73 you get to start Dragonmaids, which are water mobs north of Village of Naught. You'll absolutely love those :) amazing for a wizard.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Always grind on flying or water mobs. They have a 1.5x exp multiplier and usually good dq drop rate. I would suggest moving to dreaming cloud as amour suggested and kill bats. They are awesome for exp and drops. Then move to bats in swamps, then falcons or dragonmaids at lv 70
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • damani
    damani Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thanks for all the quick replies!

The kicker to this situation is that I have built a fire resistant suit, with a Fire Def. over 10000......which is what makes fire mobs easy.

I assume I should rotate this suit out for a water suit then? Any other suggestions with this info in mind?
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    jst below the lost city southern exit going towards tradewind camp, are some vultures over a plateau, I believe they are 80ish.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Always grind on flying or water mobs. They have a 1.5x exp multiplier and usually good dq drop rate. I would suggest moving to dreaming cloud as amour suggested and kill bats. They are awesome for exp and drops. Then move to bats in swamps, then falcons or dragonmaids at lv 70

Just want to point the bolded part is false, the multiplier is actually ~1.25x

Still worth it of course, unless the mobs are too spread apart, in which case ground grind is faster
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Water and air is actually slower IF you like to pick up all your loot while grinding,even top aerocraft don't move very fast,then theres the fact i've found in the air or water its much easier to get ganked and harder to escape if you can't tank more than one of the mob.

I can believe its faster if you just nuke everything and don't care for the drops,otherwise i doubt the small increase in exp makes up for the slower movement.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Flying is much faster than swimming, also underwater tends to be more foggy and darker thus harder to see.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yeah you should go grind at lvl 68 flying mobs in the Swamps. They look like bats and fly above Altar of Disbelief. The bats have a metal magic attack btw, even if they have water as element, so dont use water set lol. They drop alot of dqs and glaze.

As someone said above dragonmaids that swim outside Village of Naught is great for robes to. Since u have watershield u can tank a bunch of them, and u kill fast with earth magic (maxed by know i hope since u grind on mobs with water as element 65+).

U wont get very rich by grinding as a wiz tho, but at least the dq-drops will cover the costs of lvling b:shedtear
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Water and air is actually slower IF you like to pick up all your loot while grinding,even top aerocraft don't move very fast,then theres the fact i've found in the air or water its much easier to get ganked and harder to escape if you can't tank more than one of the mob.

If you're a veno, you just send the pet after the mob, toss a DOT and debuff, then go pick up the loot from the last mob.

If you get into a situation you can't handle in the air, simply turn off your aerocraft and drop to the ground. You'll quickly move past the range where the air mobs will give up chasing. Use the space bar to rise straight up again to collect any loot you left behind.
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you're a veno, you just send the pet after the mob, toss a DOT and debuff, then go pick up the loot from the last mob.

If you get into a situation you can't handle in the air, simply turn off your aerocraft and drop to the ground. You'll quickly move past the range where the air mobs will give up chasing. Use the space bar to rise straight up again to collect any loot you left behind.

I do pretty much grind like that in the air,but it still takes longer for me than on the ground where i'll just go through the mobs like a knife through butter get my drops and have another mob right beside me waiting(summer sprint on too)

If i saw any class killing air mobs and getting to the loot as fast as they could on the ground so making that extra exp from the air mob count i'd actually be pretty impressed^^