Drop Rate?

Aznfrost - Heavens Tear
Aznfrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I am just wondering if this is true.. when i was grinding at a monster that is higher lvl than by like 1-3, and i would usually make about 100k worth of dq drop from the monster but now that the monster is green, it seems I get drops very less frequent.. so I was just wondering.. does the drop rate drop? when you are higher lvl than the mosnter
Post edited by Aznfrost - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes they do! You get pretty good drop rates when fighting mobs two lvls higher or lower than you. But once the mobs name goes green you are considered to be fighting something alot weaker than you, so the reward gets smaller and smaller.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Keep in mind though, green monsters are generally easier to kill, so you -could- end up killing them faster/getting more drops(over time), and spending less on repairs and potions. Same idea goes with exp too, a mob might give you less but you might kill them faster to make up for it.
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    From what I hear.
    Green- 50% less
    Yellow- 25% less
    White- Normal rate
    Red- 50% less.

It is not a fact but that is just what a lot of people I know said about the rates, could be wrong though.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    From what I hear.
    Green- 50% less
    Yellow- 25% less
    White- Normal rate
    Red- 50% less.

It is not a fact but that is just what a lot of people I know said about the rates, could be wrong though.

i really dont think its that bad, ive tried grinding on green mobs , i wouldnt say it was 50%
    heres what pwdatabase thinks...
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

not to mention deja vu , didnt we have this discussion a week ago?
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's a pain in the **** trying to get any mat drops from lower levelled mobs,spent a full hour trying to get concentrated glues and got a big fat 0 >.<

Same level mobs isn't that much better for mats either though...