Venomancer Sexes!!!

Options
Farax - Sanctuary
Farax - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
I know there is many people who plays as a venomancer beacause they can have pets that attack and others dont. im posting this in hope for you mods and admins to do something about it. it would also be cool if you could be a male venomancer, that would rock.

There should've been more customation options to the Untamed Lions, Pandas, Wolf and Tiger. would be awesome to color the fur for example black and white ^^.

well hope you mods/admins read this and think about it...

Good Luck to all players out there ^_^
Post edited by Farax - Sanctuary on

Comments

• iau
    iau Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hear hear! Having the Untamed jobs be unisex sucks! Especially when the other two races aren't. There are lots of people who want to be barbarians but female, or venomancers but male. The only conclusion I can come to is that someone on the Untamed design or coding team was lazy and didn't want to do the work for both jobs in both sexes.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yeah it would be nice, but the GMs have already stated here on the forums that there is a 0% chance of that happening.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There are dozens and dozens of topics exactly like this one, search around next time.
    GMs do NOT develop the game, they cant modify something like that, the patches comes directly from asia.
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    iau wrote: »
    The only conclusion I can come to is that someone on the Untamed design or coding team was lazy and didn't want to do the work for both jobs in both sexes.

Yeah. Laziness is to blame. The two characters wouldn't need a complete coding overhaul in order to make a Barb model into a Veno. It's a simple matter of applying the Veno skill tree to the character. Basically, five to ten minutes of work, plus troubleshooting. This leaves only one possible solution. Venos are meant to only be female and Barbs are only meant to be male and it is NEVER going to change.

And besides, Barbs would look pretty **** while casting those spells.
  • Lylin - Sanctuary
    Lylin - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There are dozens and dozens of topics exactly like this one, search around next time.
    GMs do NOT develop the game, they cant modify something like that, the patches comes directly from asia.

Because of the mythology this game is based on, this is something that will never change, no matter how many times this gets posted. There will never be a male venomancer.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Because of the mythology this game is based on, this is something that will never change, no matter how many times this gets posted. There will never be a male venomancer.

Yeah yeah yeah, Mythology my eyeball...... there were no vampires in American Western "mythology" either..... but that never stopped someone from making a movie called "Billy the kid VS Dracula"...... the whole point of Mythology is to tell a story that is interesting to the people who are hearing it, the details and particulars do not neccessarily have to be set in stone.....

This game was translated for the American and English speaking gamers, and if we want male Venos and female Barbs then gosh darnnit they should give it to us with smiles on their faces....... the reason that's not going to happen is because as Klath has already stated, the folks over here at PWI have ZERO control over the main content of the game, they can change some text and dialogs here and there but beyond that they can do NOTHING.
  • TheHilshim - Sanctuary
    TheHilshim - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol venomancer male = full servers with 9999999999999 characters called Naruto, and the 99% of this kids only play till lvl 20-29 and then they quit the game, thats a waste of space...
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I agree with swift. We are the consumers, and, let's face it, the customer's always right. F2P MMOs seem to be all about the money nowadays, so why can't they take a little away from the mythology for more money? Seems like something a big corporation would do. But, then again, they'd probably have people complaining about that XD And they've probably noticed that people play venos and barbs despite/for the different gender, so I doubt it'll change. We might have a chance with more customization on barbs, though.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I would hate if that happen really am too much of a gentelman to allow a girl to tank for me and not **** enough to play with a barb twisting his waste to cast a spell >.<....
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Quoted for truth.

PS. @OP, Mods are normal players.
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hmmm asking for male veno's is like asking for Untamed to be included in being able to be Wizards or Clerics. It's just sounds wierd, after having played the game a bit.
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol venomancer male = full servers with 9999999999999 characters called Naruto, and the 99% of this kids only play till lvl 20-29 and then they quit the game, thats a waste of space...

And is there something WRONG with liking Naruto? b:irritated
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    And is there something WRONG with liking Naruto? b:irritated

That depends. Do you walk around making signs with your hands followed by saying (blah) jutsu?
    Hmmm asking for male veno's is like asking for Untamed to be included in being able to be Wizards or Clerics. It's just sounds wierd, after having played the game a bit.

QFT

Anyways, I don't mean to sound mean or anything but this has been suggested many, many times. And the mods can't really do anything about it. The decision whether or not male venomancers are an option is almost entirely up to the devs. (sorry if it was said before, after reading the first few posts I skipped to the end)
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'd be happy enough if they just made some cs clothing that covered you up a little instead of making you look like a streetwalker,the armours are even worse >.<If you can't give us male veno,give us some good clothing argh.
  • Supnochor - Heavens Tear
    Supnochor - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If you really can't do without a male veno, then just turn the bust size way down and make the rest of the body fat. Then pretend you're a good American beer drinking male veno. b:victory
  • barbequepirate
    barbequepirate Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Maybe you should all stop thinking so technically and just look at it from a lore point of view?

The Untamed are clearly a tribal group of people (if you could call them people). You'll often find that in tribal groups, men and women have distinctively different jobs for the community. So if you think of it in that sense, it makes plenty sense why you have venomancers as female only.

You'll never get asexual classes for the Untamed, so stop crying out for it.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'd be happy enough if they just made some cs clothing that covered you up a little instead of making you look like a streetwalker,the armours are even worse >.<If you can't give us male veno,give us some good clothing argh.

They do make CS clothing that does that.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased