Jewelscalen

LhRag - Sanctuary
LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
does anyone mind helping me with jewelscalen? I have been flying round and round but no one seems to be able to help atm....
Probably because its almost impossible to solo
Post edited by LhRag - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    just give up. i haven't even done mine yet :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol I got mine done at 51 .. but i had like 6 clerics out of party healing me when i tanked it =P.. jewels is ridiculously hard for the level you receive it at.. i know lots of people who don't get it till 60 or 70+
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i plan to do mine when i hit lvl 77 ish. cause i know of a veno who solo it. going to try to make it work :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you have a balanced PT, then a 49-55lv PT should be ok. Just remember to keep the tank and puller alive the initial 10 sec or so. Also use the sloping terrain to your advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Psihi - Sanctuary
    Psihi - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I can tank jewel if you need me to.
    Requirments for doing this.
    1.2(two)/1(one) level 60+ cleric/s.This solely depends on boss tipe.
    2.3 Ga(Guardian Angels) or 2 ESO(Training Esotericas) your choise-non negotiable even if i die or not i need 3 GA or 2 ESO*Psihi wants to PK,Grind nicely*.
    I can also tank with this party ANY Boss Quests except Krimson Eyes.

Use ingame function CHAT(recomended),Mail or PM to contact me but beware it may take 5-10m to respond.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    @Deceptistar - What do you consider a balanced party ? I mean personally i think a tank 2 clerics veno and then 2 DDs (BM/Archer) is pretty balanced .. but I don't think a group of 6 49 - 55 can do it .. its like krimson.. his debuff is really rough and with the aoe you need quite a few clerics to do it around that level
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    2.3 Ga(Guardian Angels) or 2 ESO(Training Esotericas) your choise-non negotiable even if i die or not i need 3 GA or 2 ESO*Psihi wants to PK,Grind nicely*.

Use ingame function CHAT(recomended),Mail or PM to contact me but beware it may take 5-10m to respond.

BAHAHAHA. wow. If i was on your server id do it for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    does anyone mind helping me with jewelscalen?

You might want to try contacting Heleina (in Mythical). She can solo jewelscalen (but she has been asking 50k and you would need to work with her schedule.)
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You want 200k when people will be willing to do it for free (or in case of heleina, for 50k). Good job.
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thanks for all the replies guys
    I just got a lvl85 barb to sort it out for me
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @Deceptistar - What do you consider a balanced party ? I mean personally i think a tank 2 clerics veno and then 2 DDs (BM/Archer) is pretty balanced .. but I don't think a group of 6 49 - 55 can do it .. its like krimson.. his debuff is really rough and with the aoe you need quite a few clerics to do it around that level
    Actually the class you just named, 1tank, 2 clerics, 1veno, 1bm, 1 archer, is exactly what I had when I did jewel.
    The barb tank was a 53, I(cleric) was a 49, and the highest 55 was also a cleric, the other classes where inbetween levels. I was factionless at the time so I had to gather pple and that was the PT that was formed (thankfully).
    I had them use the near vertical part of the slope down below in hopes to use some terrain space. I also had the tank pull jewel since he was the only one that could stand alive till it arrived to us. He would fly up till jewel reached our positions, hit it, and then drop like a rock (cancel flying) to minimize air time. Prior initial contact, the tank will have to use one HP orb (I think we used the 3k regen) to provide supplementary regen until the clerics ironheart kicks in fully. Jewel will move out of position if the cleric heals to early. It would probably be safer if the main healer for tank also had one orb to use in case of a double aoe.
    We got jewel down to 80% or 90% on first try but wiped due to someone else taking hate somehow and jewel moved and double aoe-ed us. The later try was better since we all knew what to expect, this time the main healer had an orb too. As long as it didnt move and double aoe us, we where pretty much steady, even the non charmers the 2ndary cleric had time to heal them.
    Main cleric: Spam purify + ironheart
    2ndary cleric(me): Spam ironheart on main cleric and also tank in turns
    The other classes will also have to know their limits on hate.

When I researched Jewel the only info I had were the horrid stories told on the (this) forum. Which did help alot to plan out. It was actually very easy if everyone listens and knew what to do.
    The fact is, I think it had become the norm for a party to have a tank at least 10 lvls ahead of the quested lvl. Its probably hammered into our heads that 'its ok to loose cause we should have had a higher tank'. Which in fact, shouldnt be the case, if you can use a few meds, know your hate limits, and take advantage of the geography of the area.

(In later lvls I helped jewel with similar set ups but the lvls were way higher than before.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You want 200k when people will be willing to do it for free (or in case of heleina, for 50k). Good job.

Did the price of EXP scrolls jump to 100k overnight? b:thanks
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    the main problem we had was the clerics dieing from the aoe ... but i'm not sure if they had charms or pots going
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Funny, because a Charmed BM with high Altar marrow physical can solo it. b:victory

Jewel's debuff drops physical defense, not magical. Therefore, by boosting your physical defense you replace the physical defense you lost from the debuff. Easy enough?
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Funny, because a Charmed BM with high Altar marrow physical can solo it. b:victory

Jewel's debuff drops physical defense, not magical. Therefore, by boosting your physical defense you replace the physical defense you lost from the debuff. Easy enough?

Yup, hits weaker than Kimsa with Marrow. Same applies for Krimson ~ though he still hurts, even with Marrow. b:sad
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Jewel? he is pretty easy to tank, just that ppl have become fanatics of barbs...

I laugh so much when all the team keeps saying "i wont go without a barb" or "you sure you can tank it?"

i have tanked he since lvl 59 (without alter marrow at that time) so i can help you if you pm me ingame, as Dan said he can be soloed with charm....

Bladecutter

PD: i wont solo it with charm because im not rich lol
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Which brings up a question. I'm LV61 BM with HP3350 and having half the bronze HP charm left (50000+HP). I don't like the idea of tanking, but I also have the quest undone, and it's logical that it better be my charm that ticks on my quest than anybody else's.
    So if I can have a barb casting his increased HP on me (even buff from LV48 barb helps), a charm and a proper support team- can I tank in my own quest?
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Lol really I'm going to try it then. After that I shall gain the title of "Sea the jewel slayer".b:victory
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009

BAHAHAHA. wow. If i was on your server id do it for free.

Thats Psihi, what do you expect? He WC's hourly to every minute trying to make rip off deals with people, like buying Watcher of the Skies for 1 mil, or you can see how his shop will sell something for 10x the price he is willing to buy the item for

Jewescalen is a stupid quest anyways, never found out the usefulness of a few thousand XP for a ton of deaths really...
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the main problem we had was the clerics dieing from the aoe ... but i'm not sure if they had charms or pots going

Which brings up a question. I'm LV61 BM with HP3350 and having half the bronze HP charm left (50000+HP). I don't like the idea of tanking, but I also have the quest undone, and it's logical that it better be my charm that ticks on my quest than anybody else's.
    So if I can have a barb casting his increased HP on me (even buff from LV48 barb helps), a charm and a proper support team- can I tank in my own quest?

pretty sure it made my defence go to 0.....unless it reduces a certain #
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hi all

I see in this post there are several high lvl people willing to help , so if its ok i will try to pm you soon some evning ingame to try help?
    I allready partied with Bladecutters help and downed Viridian, went well,
    If you like, for those that help i supply the Guardian angels, just incase u dy? If not its nice to have for some nxt death.

thx in advance byb:pleased
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I DEFEATED JEWELSCALEN, with just my awesome cleric ^__^

is that good? lol..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You soloed as a cleric or you and a cleric slew the dragon?
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just had 3 friends help me complete this Jewelscalen quest last night. One was a level 56 veno, a 64 cleric, and a high 50s barb. We failed the first try but we killed it on the second.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    From my experience, when I tried tanking it at lvl 55(haha LOL, first time tanking without marrow), it made my physical defense drop from 5K to 0, but when I went back to solo it at lvl 70, it dropped my physical defense from 18k to 13k.

So... from what I see, it's debuff drops physical defense by 5K or so.

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Yup, hits weaker than Kimsa with Marrow. Same applies for Krimson ~ though he still hurts, even with Marrow. b:sad

Err, not sure what phys marrow would do on Krimson O.o - I never tested it.

When I tanked Krimson at lv 72..(duoing without marrow) here's what happened - Hits 5.1K physical dmg, 2.2k mage dmg.

What worked for me was to just kite Krimson, (which really hinders DPS unless ur in a full squad, but in my case it was duoing).

It's debuff looks like a giant axe, you'll know it when you see it. But basically stay away from it's physical attack when your debuffed LOL, or it'll hurt.

When you kite it, the cleric should have enough time to react and purify you, whilst you're away it'll only mage you.. and with it's slow casting(aprox 3 seconds, translates into 2.2k/3 = 700 dmg/sec).

Just don't fall off the ledge LOL, or it's hp resets...( so lame it happened to me 3 times :'( )

But let's get to the point.. since it's phys attack is so much stronger than it's mage attack, we can assume that phys marrow would help. - But I wouldn't experiment too much unless you have GAs or the cleric has lv10 res lol, I died several times testing stuff out haha, but I share my knowledge to the rest of PWI, since that's the right thing to do ;) You can pm me in game if you want more insight on Krimson, but this topic is about Jewel haha, so I'll get off :P

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have donne Jewels in the level 48.

Got an entire guild killing him xD
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Yauzah - Sanctuary
    Yauzah - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Tonight I help 16 full squad with Jewel that was a workout. Out of all the time I kill Jewel I die twice. Let me know if you need help with him am will to help if I can.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Tonight I help 16 full squad with Jewel that was a workout. Out of all the time I kill Jewel I die twice. Let me know if you need help with him am will to help if I can.

You da Man.

/waves hihi
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol if u need any help with stuff just pm me and i can usualy get a squad readyb:cute