PvP Clerics

Lilmau - Sanctuary
Lilmau - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cleric
Hello my fellow beloved Clerics!! I was Training one day and i got pked. I thought; Hey.. I'm Above 30 and on a PvP server so it's all fair game. But he kept PK-ing me and Irritated the Life outta me cause I couldnt train.

I'm a 9mag 1str cleric(i think it's called bare boned cleric built not sure if it's support or pvp built).

My Question...
1.) Am I strong enough to PK back?
2.) What Skills Do I use If I wanna pk back?
3.) If I'm not built for PvP is it too late to change?

Your replies would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly,
Mau.
Post edited by Lilmau - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Generally if you want to PvP, you're gonna need vit, and lots of it. That's more geared towards mass PvP and TW, however; for everyday 1v1, you can do without a full vit build. Full int is tricky to play though, and its strongly recommended you add more vit.

For PvP, you'll want plume shell and sleep (chromatic seal) maxed. Generic cleric PvP combo goes something along these lines:

Sleep > stack ironheart on self > debuff > nuke > nuke > nuke.
  • Bauhumet - Lost City
    Bauhumet - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it really depends on what class you are facing.

I like the ole 6mag 3 vit 1 str build. Stack HP gems.

Plume shell against physicals, plume shot wizard. Honestly, you just have to get out there and practice. Figure out which combos you like etc.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    For TW you would need a balanced vit build in lines 7mag 2vit 1str *or 8mag 1 vit* + HP gems.
    Tho for normal 1v1 it really just depends how you play and vs who you play.
    *Avoid archers tho*
    b:dirty
  • Kathar - Lost City
    Kathar - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Really don't see why clerics should avoid archers... At lvl 80 I have owned archers 10 levels higher than me... My recommendation? Against archers ALWAYS have an MP charm, Always use plume shell, and have a damage absorb pot handy for the plume shell cooldown. That will give you about 50 seconds of near invincibility against most archers who just figure you wear robes and just phys attack you. If you can't end it in 50 seconds THEN you should be scared and avoid the archer or you will die :)
  • Lilmau - Sanctuary
    Lilmau - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The Inforamtion here was veryhelpful now tha tI'm higher and got better suff.. I understand better. Thank you Everyone! =D