Spring Festival Events, now thru Feb. 11!

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Hello Players!

Don't forget to partake in the Spring Festival Event taking place right now and lasting through to February 11.

You can find our official events guide at:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/event/eventsubpage/1051

Keep in mind that this event has 4 phases and will require a minimum level of 40 to participate. The 4 phases breaks down as follows:

- Phase 1: Visit the New Years Elders -

Starting at level 40, you'll be able to purchase a New Years Envelope from one of the Merchants in the main cities (Archosaur, Etherblade, Lost City, City of the Plume). Once you've purchased a New Years Envelope, travel to any one of the New Years Elders around the world (please see: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/event/eventsubpage/1051 for specific coordinates on the locations of all Elders).

You can also check out this link for a map of all the Elder locations designed by Coyote_Wise from Heavens Tear. thx man!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/coyotecom/PWI/Newyearmap.png

Turn in the New Years Envelope to any one of the Elders to receive EXP, Spirit, and a Jiaozi Coin. You'll need these coins for Phase 2...

- Phase 2: Manufacture Firecrackers with Blabber Mouth -

Find Blabber Mouth in Archosaur (554, 683) to spend your Jiaozi Coin. You can manufacture 4 different types of firecrackers:

- Phase 3: Scare the Evil Beast Away -

After you manufacture the different types of firecrackers, take them to the bases around the Nien Beast in north Archosaur (552, 678). Each firecracker corresponds to a specific base. You'll need to team up and use the bases to set off firecrackers and scare away the Nien Beast, which spawns every morning at 10:00 AM. Once you've set off your firecrackers, you'll receive Broken Red Paper, the amount of which is determined by what type of firecracker you manufactured:

Joyous - 1 Broken Red Paper
Happy - 2 Broken Red Paper
Harmonious - 4 Broken Red Paper
Perfect - 8 Broken Red Paper

- Phase 4: The Temple Fair -

Once the Nien Beast has been scared away, the Temple Fair NPCs will appear. Trade in your Broken Red Paper to manufacture the following items from their respective vendors:

Doofy - various consumables with healing and buffing effects
Papercraft Pro - various papercraft that increase a weapon's magic attack
Auspicious Charm Vendor - various charms that increase a weapon's physical attack
Dumpling Vendor - various dumplings that restore HP
Dessert Seller - various desserts that restore MP
Cake Vendor - various cakes that recover both HP and MP

Not too shabby, right? Enjoy the treats and have fun--the Spring Festival is upon us!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Could you change, so that red players can fire the fireworks? instead of getting oneshotted.
  • Arthiex - Lost City
    Arthiex - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Could you change, so that red players can fire the fireworks? instead of getting oneshotted.

Reddie Players like Deumon should been always 1 shooted
    For being bad!! b:laugh

;D
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I like this event.. two WQ + crazy stone is nice exp :)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The quest isn't re-doable right?

I was so hoping to help firework that invincable boss away again. b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Spend like 2hours+ for dailies alone now >_> Especially for the poor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The quest isn't re-doable right?

I was so hoping to help firework that invincable boss away again. b:laugh

This quest is a daily quest. So blast away b:victory
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • AchiIIes - Heavens Tear
    AchiIIes - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there an additional Spawntime at 6 PM, or does the Beast appear ONLY on 10 AM ?b:irritated
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there an additional Spawntime at 6 PM, or does the Beast appear ONLY on 10 AM ?b:irritated

you'd be surprised.
    I log on at like 3 PM and the beast is still there with like half health.
    Back.
    edited January 2009
    OK, in this case ...
    someone must have revieved him b:laugh

I logged in at 1 PM first, and its Spot was empty b:cry
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BEST EVENT so far IMO

LC ppl will be gettin lvl 99 easier, gg !
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Okay, I've read the news about the event. I understand the Nien Beast and fireworks... But WTF is up with the riddle lanterns? Nobody apparently knows and a lot of us are getting quite frustrated not knowing and there isnt any information that any of us can find.
  • Brosnen - Heavens Tear
    Brosnen - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    YES.. great event for exp/sp but funny NO one seems to be able to figure out the Lanterns OR be able to find the Riddle Editor yet.. how about a little Clue GMs??? plz
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This event is awsome b:victory but what are the riddle lanterns for and where is the riddle editor?b:puzzled
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Mluther - Heavens Tear
    Mluther - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if i use papercraft on weapon will it run out eventually?
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if i use papercraft on weapon will it run out eventually?

I believe papercraft works like offensive charms. So, if you made 200 papers, you could equip them and have extra damage for 200 attacks, and if you used them in pve this might be 20 monsters or maybe one boss, but they could be useful in TW?

But I have never tried making any papers.
    edited February 2009
    Someone knows whre to change my last few Coins into Firecrackers now ??b:puzzled
  • Loontjuh - Sanctuary
    Loontjuh - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No were, event seems to be over b:cry

Only fireworks can be traded for redpapers.
  • tropicthunder
    tropicthunder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    why oh why is there no npc to exchange for coins to firework?!!!?!?
    i have so much coins left.. plz add firework npc back just for the last day b:sad
  • IceTank - Heavens Tear
    IceTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Please Add back NPC to exchange coins !!!!!
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Hello Players!

Don't forget to partake in the Spring Festival Event taking place right now and lasting through to February 11.

Ok tell me if Im wrong, or I just missed a NPC but its the 11th today I have a ton of coins and they are USELESS? PW please dont tell us one thing but do another. Can you atleast add back a NPC to trade coins for fireworks? That way all the people arent left with a useless item.
  • sylvrin
    sylvrin Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I loved this event and I think it was very nicely done all but for one thing.

The way you ended this event is really uncool and shows a lack of clear communication to the players.

Many of us spent 24,200 coin to buy 22 envelopes believing that we would be able to do the event today. The Events webpage doesn't even say when this event would end at all and this post says it will last THROUGH today, February 11 , so why are the Elders gone and each of our envelopes have to be sold back for 1000 coin less than we paid for them? Some of us are also stuck with one or two or three Jaozi coins that can't even be used to make fireworks.

I can grind or sell things to get my money back, that is not really the issue here. What is the issue is the fact that we were not told that the event would really only last through February 10th.
  • RayVer - Lost City
    RayVer - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The event was listed as through the 11th so I was saving all my jcoins to just do all of the on the 11th. Now I log on and I see the Blabber Mouth NPC is gone and I can't do anything with the loads of coins I have saved up.

Why do you say something lasts through the 11th and have it end on the 10th? This upsets me.

To make things worse you have removed the event NPC's yet you continue selling the envelopes at the merchants.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The event was listed as through the 11th so I was saving all my jcoins to just do all of the on the 11th. Now I log on and I see the Blabber Mouth NPC is gone and I can't do anything with the loads of coins I have saved up.

Why do you say something lasts through the 11th and have it end on the 10th? This upsets me.

To make things worse you have removed the event NPC's yet you continue selling the envelopes at the merchants.

this. i wasted 24k AND i am unable to change my insane amount of coins into paper..
  • sennett
    sennett Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this. i wasted 24k AND i am unable to change my insane amount of coins into paper..

Ditto^^^ Hopefully we can get one more spawn of beast and npc today, if not, I am out about 14m in mirages.. ;(
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hello citizens of Perfect World,

Here is an update on the Spring Festival Event:

The New Years Elders have gone home for the holidays and will not be returning. The event was scheduled to end ON the 11th, and not THRU the 11th as stated in the original post. We apologize for that. Even though we did not have a maintenance last night, this was already set to be. That being said, please do not purchase any New Year Envelopes as they will have no use.

Blabber Mouth was planned to be in Archosaur for another week. We have restored him on all servers so that you may still turn in your remaining Jioazi coins for firecrackers.

A new NPC (Urban Patrol) has appeared in North Archosaur in place of the Nien Beast for you to trade your firecrackers into Broken Red Paper. Please note that you will receive less Broken Red Paper than you would have if used on the Nien Beast.

The Temple NPCs are still there so you can turn in your Broken Red Paper for festival items.

Blabber Mouth, Urban Patrol, and The Temple NPCs will remain on the servers for a week to help you finish any loose ends.

Have a safe and wonderful rest of the week! b:bye
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    -EDIT-

OK wait, nevermind, I figured out what you meant. I appreciate the apology and admission of error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • IceTank - Heavens Tear
    IceTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The way you ended this event is really uncool and shows a lack of clear communication to the players.

Kantorek, your explanation really shed light on how the event would end.. for that we thank you. However, it would have been more useful in the announcement with Spring Festival Events description and direction area. Im kind of stuck with a lot of firecrackers now. At least I could exchange it for 1/4 of red paper.
  • tropicthunder
    tropicthunder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i just dont understand why take everything out before maintenance, and exchanging 4 firework or ANY type for just 1 paper just seems bugged..
    wouldnt it be easier for everyone if nein was on for the last day as well?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    kantorek wrote: »
    The event was scheduled to end ON the 11th, and not THRU the 11th as stated in the original post. We apologize for that.
    A new NPC (Urban Patrol) has appeared in North Archosaur in place of the Nien Beast..... Please note that you will receive less Broken Red Paper than you would have if used on the Nien Beast.

You have a really, really lousy way of saying you're sorry. Alot of players went by the original post and planned on doing firecrackers on the 11th. After I bought mine I saw that I didn't have a multiple of 4 of the fireworks (I logically bought the expensive ones) and couldn't use the Urban Patrol npc.

Do you plan on doing anything to help those you have misled? The fairest thing to do (and something I think you are capable of doing easily) would be to change the exchange rate on the Urban Patrol to:
    1:1 1:2 1:4 1:8 as opposed to the current 4:1 4:1 4:1 4:1

-Ast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html