Options
    I saw 5 Auto-Bot Venos today :O

good for you b:victory
  • Hildeborg - Heavens Tear
    Hildeborg - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    right clic / report hacking

All the better if you're an archer and can push their mobs in a hole to put the bot in an obvious loop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zslasher - Sanctuary
    Zslasher - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    personally lame someone who doesnt level by their own effort
    [SIGPIC]my siggy[/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    They want to level up and get rich they don't care how many rules they have to break to get there just as long as they do. I've heard the first level 80+ people on lost city were banned for botting.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    A bit counterproductive, if you ask me.

If you see a player violating the terms of service, including the suspected use of botting software, please report him, her, or it. Methods to do so include the right-click, report hacker; contacting support ticketing (ideally but not necessarily with a screenshot), or using /GM to whisper a GM once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    b:question what does a bot look like? How do you know if you're looking at one? O_o
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    one, by pming him or her. two, by ksing , if there is no response then maybe bot. 3 take a look at her skills and timing, if she uses the same skills at the same time over and over, its evidence of a bot.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sehkmaa - Lost City
    Sehkmaa - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    3 take a look at her skills and timing, if she uses the same skills at the same time over and over, its evidence of a bot.

OK, if this is a good way to tell I could be reported as a bot as well??? I have my macro set up and I use the same one over and over again because it works for me.
    I wouldn't know HOW to bot even if I wanted to!!
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol, ty.
    But I re-use my skills as fast possible on one mob too... I give the over-time damage dealer ones first then re-cast venomous scarab over and over as fast as possible.... I don't use bots XD
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    idk about you guys, but i never use the same skills at exactly the same time for each mob.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    idk about you guys, but i never use the same skills at exactly the same time for each mob.

When you only have two spells you can cast that don't require chi with one of them is spammable, and they can be chain cast you do tend to use the same skills with the same timing for each mob.

It's called using an auto-cast macro.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    When you only have two spells you can cast that don't require chi with one of them is spammable, and they can be chain cast you do tend to use the same skills with the same timing for each mob.

It's called using an auto-cast macro.

I have tons of skills and I don't even do that unless its a TT boss. Then I can just put on my macro and go afk. b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    its not called bot...its a big MACRO!
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    b:question what does a bot look like? How do you know if you're looking at one? O_o

Often times the farmer types have no real "names". They'll be like "asdfefcvn" or some wacked out name like that. The actual players who use the scripts/macros will obviously be harder to spot unless you know what you're looking for. Nonstop "snap" movements is usually another tell tale sign.
  • Anomiee - Heavens Tear
    Anomiee - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    one, by pming him or her. two, by ksing , if there is no response then maybe bot. 3 take a look at her skills and timing, if she uses the same skills at the same time over and over, its evidence of a bot.

1. Lots of players don't answer PMs. Whether it's because they don't speak the same language, or just don't want to, they're not obligated to reply to a PM.

2. No one you KS will think that "i thought u were a bot' is a valid excuse for stealing their kill exp. Plus, like #1, they don't have to, and most probably won't waste them time yelling at their KS-er.

3. Macros. Handy feature the game creaters put in which links skills and casts them at the same time interval apart. Used by many people who aren't bots.
    ♠ Anomiee .:. Archer 3x .:. Heavens Tear
    ♠ Dollet .:. Cleric 2x .:. Sanctuary
    ♠ Oerba .:. Werefox 4x .:. Sanctuary
  • dedica
    dedica Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I've seen on other online games that some bots movements are very laggy and they seem to jump around from one place to another. Best way to figure out if they are one is to try talking to them, and there's absolutely no response. Another one is they ALWAYS go for the NEAREST mob. Sure, most people do that, but not all the time.
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Then 50% of the server are bots... I've meet a whole bunch of people that play the, as I call them "strong & silent" types, doesn't mean they are bots - they are just rude or antisocial...
    If my macro is killing enemyes before I have to kite - i look as a bot too.. cuz I use my macro - repeatedly... and KS-ing happens to me normaly in more populated areas (people often don't notice I'm charging an arrow and charge at the beast), but nobody has really complained to me about that.. so I guess is normal to forgive us archers this little thing (altrough I will curse profundely to myself when you charge at my target)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • Fairyyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Fairyyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't talk when I'm training, because I'm not a good multi-tasker. My computer laggs like heck so my movements are a tad choppy. I'm not a bot. x_x
  • Kingofdoom - Sanctuary
    Kingofdoom - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I know for a fact they were bots because there names were all nonsense like "glkjfgk"

They all moved at exactly the same time, towards the same monster.
    They all cast the same spells at the same time, and had the same pet too.
    They all looked identical using a pre-set character customization.
    All of this making the fact that none of them answered a Pm, which is irrelevant now cause the rest is proof enough, but its still a fact to.

Please don't try and tell me that they were not bots.

& in response to the MOD that called this "counter productive" I did report them for your information. b:cool
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This OP needs to be given some slack on finding some Bots and be given some congrats instead. I am sickened to see so much senseless posting, "I use a macro so I am not a BOT :P" and BS like that.

The guy didn't say that if someone is using a macro then they are garanteed to be a BOT. There are many types of situations that you watch for that add up to possibly being a BOT.

It actually sadens me to see so many biatching to this guy who actually is trying to do the server a favour by reporting possible hackers. With all you complainers it makes me think there are so many of you who just sit back and let botting go by because you don't want to assume someone is a BOT. Put a little effort into it and don't be a push-over and complani on someones thread who actually put some effort into stopping cheaters.

/RANT
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Please don't necro old threads.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.