flyer question...

Thecelt - Lost City
Thecelt - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
there are some desert waspkin ive found and i wouldnt mind having one as a pet. but, there's one problem. its flying way to high for me to attack it. so, question is, how can i get it to come down or how can i attack it?
Post edited by Thecelt - Lost City on

Comments

• Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The Petite Sawfly? Either find one close enough to the ground that you can attack it or get one from another player. I think there are a few close enough to the ground they can be attacked by someone one the ground, but I don't know for sure.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I got one that was close to the ground. I spent maybe 10 minutes looking for one that I could reach though, before one randomly cooperated with me.
    b:pleased
  • Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Zirconium - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Anyone notice there Petite Sawfly getting stuck on uneven ground when attacking ?
    It doesn't have a problem following me but it seems to fly low when attacking ( sticking it's stinger out ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Sigs >> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/squeek/pages/sigs/sigs.htm
  • TheHilshim - Sanctuary
    TheHilshim - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    First while in City of the plume (you need to go here to get your bee) stop by the blacksmith,
    pick up a lvl 1 BOW and a few lvl 1 arrows
    Once there you should see a watchtower like structure, practice jumping and landing on the fence of the structure. Try climbing as high as you can on that thing, this will help you get in range of your target, if you are lucky the little guy will be kind of low and within bow range, if he is teh rest is done
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Anyone notice there Petite Sawfly getting stuck on uneven ground when attacking ?
    It doesn't have a problem following me but it seems to fly low when attacking ( sticking it's stinger out ).

This is a problem that affects all flying pets attacking ground targets. It only happens on bumpy terrain. Try to position yourself so you're uphill from the target and the slope is smooth in between (no bumps sticking up). Then send your pet in to attack.

When you reach level 30 and get your manta, you can attack from the air. That eliminates the problem, but reduces your damage.