can you move people to other severs

Hell_blade - Lost City
Hell_blade - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
can you move people to other severs i have a lvl 50 bm on lost i would like to move to a PvE sever (Sanctuary) can you do that?
Post edited by Hell_blade - Lost City on

Comments

• VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There is currently no mechanic to move characters from one server to another, and I'm unaware of any plans for such a mechanic to be developed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Most likely, that mechanic will never exist. The server balance would be incredibly disrupted, especially when moving from pve server to a pvp server. Gee let me level to 90 and get epic gear, then i'll switch to lost city to **** everyone. Wouldn't work. All I can tell you is to reroll or just suck it up.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Most likely, that mechanic will never exist. The server balance would be incredibly disrupted, especially when moving from pve server to a pvp server. Gee let me level to 90 and get epic gear, then i'll switch to lost city to **** everyone. Wouldn't work. All I can tell you is to reroll or just suck it up.

I heard that exact same argument when Blizzard allowed paid PvE to PvP servers, and nothing like that happened at all.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it would be a nice addition, although to keep things balanced, the only thing that should be transfered is money, and money only.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I heard that exact same argument when Blizzard allowed paid PvE to PvP servers, and nothing like that happened at all.

This isn't WoW. You have the accept the fact that the two cultures are probably entirely different altogether. Comparing the playerbase of PW to WoW just isn't entirely accurate. I would venture to say that the PK environment here can be a lot rougher, as there is much less protection for individuals.
  • Soda - Lost City
    Soda - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Should only be able to trade in between pvp severs pvp to pvp and pve to pve, no pve to pvp. The whole idea with level in a pvp sever is you got to fight for you leveling area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    This isn't WoW. You have the accept the fact that the two cultures are probably entirely different altogether. Comparing the playerbase of PW to WoW just isn't entirely accurate. I would venture to say that the PK environment here can be a lot rougher, as there is much less protection for individuals.

Yes, it is entirely accurate. You are trying to make the exact same claim several people made against it on the WoW forums, and it never materialized. The only thing that happened was gankers that were on those servers already went around making everyone else's life miserable. Nothing more, nothing less.

People are people are people regardless of what game they are playing. Give them a chance to be the worst type of person they can be, and they will do so if that is what they want to do.

Does it really matter if they decided to level to 90 on a PvE server and then pay to transfer to a PvP server? Would it really make that much of a difference in the long run, or is the possibility of that happening just make you mad because you leveled that toon there, and might get PKed by them?

• Shonindayo - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Actually, it does. I dont know if you noticed, but it can be severely difficult to level on Lost City sometimes. The idea that I would have to fight to get to 90, while some chump that took the easy road can just transfer over here, is downright disgusting. You have to fight to be a factor on Lost City. All of the top guilds had to fight for their levels and fight to keep their guilds running. Now we're going to let some HT dude how never had to fight for levels in his life just transfer over and all of the sudden pass up everyone else who was hard at work? Bull. I dont know how you think thats even close to fair.

Lost City's territory balance would be screwed. Part of making it to the top is surviving the gank fests and persevering all the way through. A server transfer would make all of that ****, and I doubt many ppl would even bother playing LC 1-60. We can all just level on heaven's tear and move later. Terrible idea, terrible device, and that is why it will never happen. Argue all you want, but as it stands that will never be implemented.
    edited January 2009
    but, not many people want to dish out 50$ to change servers. and wtf? chump? what "easy road" . getting killed while grinding isnt "hard" . so what? you get ganked occasionally, so do i, HT isnt full of blue names, some make use of the white named feature.dont think because u are on LC you are hardcore, because truth is most of LC are carebear whiners.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Just because i am from Lost City doesn't mean im some sort of keyboard warrior. It seems you are the generalizing here.

MY example does not include everyone from HT. Put the weapons down for crying out loud. I am specifically talking about someone, imaginary of course but could exist in RL, that would intentionally level in HT without the dangers of being pked (assumption is that he can stay blue named), then moving to PK server with top gear and max level. THAT is unfair to those how actually levelled around the dangers. It discourages actually starting out on Lost City. Whats the point then huh??

Never once did I say I was hardcore. You would do well to think and analyze before you start shouting generalizations. No all of HT is not blue named, but you fail to realize that you still have the CHOICE and the given opportunity to go 1-max without turning white once. That is my point. It is unfair to characters made on Lost City. Server Transfer would make things broken as all get out.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A little detail you may not have known. Both pve servers share the same name database. The PvE and PvP servers have different name databases. This makes it impossible to transfer between PvE and PvP however it seems that it may be possible to someday go from one PvE server to the other.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    ^ That is really cool, I didn't even know that. PvE server transfers would be a really nice feature, as well as PvP ones once we get a new pvp server. It would definitely keep things fresh as far as TW goes. Could you imagine a guild owning both servers in TW? Impossible due to guild size limit, but that would be ridiculous.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You fight on lost city for leveling spots. On a PvE server you grind with a lot of people in the same grinding spot whether you want to or not. Can't do **** about it most of the time.

Easy leveling on a PvE server to 9x? getting to 9x regardless of pvp or not is hard. "easy road" made me lol. Easier maybe, but still not easy.
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    If we have to play semantics, fine. My point was it is still more difficult on Lost City. A PvE to PvP server transfer is just flat out unbalanced. Its practically circumventing the rules of a PvP server.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Depends on how many friends or what guild you're in on lost city, it might be harder for most but it will be easier for some. So being easier for those few with tons of high level friends would make it unfair according to your logic.
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I fail to see how it is unfair according to my logic.

My logic says that as long as you are lvling within lost city, anything goes. I don't care if you have high level buddies to make it easy, you still are running the risk that comes with the server. All your doing is lessening that risk by employing help. Thats how Lost City works, its about who you know and who you hang out with.

I understand that a person with no help would have a harder time lvling in HT than a person with help in LC (possibly), but the environment is very different between the two. My point is that one should have to lvl through a pvp server in order to play on it. A PvE to PvP server transfer is just a terrible idea. There is no justification for it with the addition of pk mode on the pve servers.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Actually, it does. I dont know if you noticed, but it can be severely difficult to level on Lost City sometimes. The idea that I would have to fight to get to 90, while some chump that took the easy road can just transfer over here, is downright disgusting. You have to fight to be a factor on Lost City. All of the top guilds had to fight for their levels and fight to keep their guilds running. Now we're going to let some HT dude how never had to fight for levels in his life just transfer over and all of the sudden pass up everyone else who was hard at work? Bull. I dont know how you think thats even close to fair.

Lost City's territory balance would be screwed. Part of making it to the top is surviving the gank fests and persevering all the way through. A server transfer would make all of that ****, and I doubt many ppl would even bother playing LC 1-60. We can all just level on heaven's tear and move later. Terrible idea, terrible device, and that is why it will never happen. Argue all you want, but as it stands that will never be implemented.

I'll be seeing you on LC in the near future just to put the lie to it being any harder on a PvP server.

• Shonindayo - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Lie??? Just by plain elementary school logic it is harder by default.

HC= death only by mobs, players too if you desire it. Smaller PK community.

LC= death by mobs AND players (post 30). Much larger pk community and existence of PK guilds (RQ).

There aer more threats in LC than in HT, which makes it potentially harder to level. Whether it is or is not is purely based on personal luck and/or guild alliances. Some ppl dont get pked, others do all the time. I fail to see how I am lieing.
  • Alkirra - Sanctuary
    Alkirra - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok. so your trying to say there isnt PK factions in HT? because I know there is in Sanctuary. they might not advertise it, but there is.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok. so your trying to say there isnt PK factions in HT? because I know there is in Sanctuary. they might not advertise it, but there is.

level 27 is blue name on any server, don't talk about pk yet please.

Its different on a pvp server. A lot of money goes into surviving pk, people make chars that are built to pk and may not be so good at leveling, and there's no option to go blue named and grind uninterrupted for a few hours if you want to.

However, on the pve server, maybe there's not as much determination to go grind, no incentive to +ing your weapon and armor as much to have good gear, and grinding is interrupted by blue named players KSing you and you can't do anything about it.

Both servers have their difficulties. Fact of the matter is, people made their choice and should have to stick with it. As far as money transferring over, I don't really see a fair way to let that happen. If I wasn't on a pvp server, I would never buy GA or hieros. That alone is a huge cash sink for me, where I would save all that on a PVE server and be able to fund myself easily without farming for money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just because i am from Lost City doesn't mean im some sort of keyboard warrior. It seems you are the generalizing here.

MY example does not include everyone from HT. Put the weapons down for crying out loud. I am specifically talking about someone, imaginary of course but could exist in RL, that would intentionally level in HT without the dangers of being pked (assumption is that he can stay blue named), then moving to PK server with top gear and max level. THAT is unfair to those how actually levelled around the dangers. It discourages actually starting out on Lost City. Whats the point then huh??

Never once did I say I was hardcore. You would do well to think and analyze before you start shouting generalizations. No all of HT is not blue named, but you fail to realize that you still have the CHOICE and the given opportunity to go 1-max without turning white once. That is my point. It is unfair to characters made on Lost City. Server Transfer would make things broken as all get out.

Whatcha mean? You had the choice too. The choice between PvP and PvE. =O You chose PvP and you'll have to live with it. We choose to have to confirm if we want to participate in PvP.

Confirmation ftw. n.n

Either way, I agree with you. I wouldn't like to see any server being effed up by some nerd who is a nobody IRL and wants so desperately to be a bad **** **** in a game (South Park's WoW parody is a good example of said nobody nerd). Because those would seriously be the only people who would pay for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
    edited January 2009
    Whatcha mean? You had the choice too. The choice between PvP and PvE. =O You chose PvP and you'll have to live with it. We choose to have to confirm if we want to participate in PvP.

Confirmation ftw. n.n

Either way, I agree with you. I wouldn't like to see any server being effed up by some nerd who is a nobody IRL and wants so desperately to be a bad **** **** in a game (South Park's WoW parody is a good example of said nobody nerd). Because those would seriously be the only people who would pay for that.

so im a loser nobody nerd because i want a server change? T_T

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This post was originally about asking if users can move their characters to other servers. The answer is no.

Please play nice.

Thanks! b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • shakuu
    shakuu Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As of now, no. Who is to say there won't be anything in the far off future? Money is a powerful persuasive tool. From a business-financial perspective, charging a premium for a server switch, like someone suggested before, would make sense to me. Simply more money as a result of a new product. Further more, after people transferred from the easier PvE server to PvP, they would be pressured to spend even more money, as another mention above, on Guardian Angels and such.

They sell exp scrolls for easier leveling, why not sell easier leveling that way too?

I don't believe that the whole lost city would drop all there gear in Archosaur and quit in outrage exactly, either.

As disgusting as it is, the golden rule still stands today: "He with the gold rules." =/
  • gunjizm
    gunjizm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    firstly, agreed, the ability to switch would be stupid from a user point of view.
    secondly also stupid from a company pov, as an average, far more ppl spend 100s$+ at minimum on lvling a charecter,any1 who then wanted to switch server is likely addicted to spending money and will do so, in comparison how much then would be spent on ppl switching there chars to other servers, far less as a whole..., 4 example this is why they take so long in bringing out the next pvp server, because they want every1 to spend as much as possible before switching to th nex pvp and spending the same amount all over again...

on another note this is why the NIX glitch isnt likely to be changed any time too soon, if it were less ppl would spend minimum 200$ buying an over powered bird(btw dont bich cuz any smart rich person could be a veno, and any free player could work there bhind off fighting to afford 1)

this game is a f2p, sure, but its still all based around making money, and made very craftily in this respect. this will never change from game to game, and any game that defys this rule is doomed to be a minimum $$$ spinner, and a bad venture for all sponsors/profit based investors/company (not players).

from a user perspective, if u can b bothered make friends, u wont hav any problems on a diff servr starting from scratch, if ur a loner, u always will be, u need to use simmilar habits to get things done on both pvp/pve servers, but realistically, if ur willing to lvl with all hell goin on around u, u deserve to be high lvl in hell, enjoy your choices pplz.

btw, a note from PWI... SPEND MORE MONEY...
  • Amethystsnow - Sanctuary
    Amethystsnow - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm just entertaining this thought, but what about being able to go pvp to pve server before the level 30 mark? It doesn't matter how you level since you have no worries right? I'm intrigued on going to a pvp server but don't because all my friends are on pve...