Running out of mana

connord
connord Posts: 42 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Archer
I use a 4 dex 1 str per level build and I run out of mana like crazy. b:angry How can I change this???
Post edited by connord on

Comments

• BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When u hit lvl 50 + u won't need mana pots at all cause there are a lot of clerics who can buff u for mana and hp regeneration.
    But at low lvls your best "weapon" for saving mana points is winged shell. Use it and u will hardly ever need to use mp pots.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    winged shell, use mana pots, make apoth items, conserve skill use
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Personally I think the manna usage for an Archer in PW is a bit out of balance but as it is I use the potions increasing hp and manna regeneration and collect herbs to make these potions whenever I can see them.
    At times I will collect herbs for hours.....a run to collect my required herbs.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the better your wep and rings the less mana/skils you need to use, also choose your enemy mobs wisely,also it seems that at lower levels you rely on the skills more
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    my favorite combo is - frost, lightning (or that wood poison), normal, knockback, frost, normal...
    burns mana as crazy...hmpf... from 500mp to aprox 120mp and when I'm solo against something resiliant - it isn't enough to kill them and I have to kite too..
    cant wait to get to higher lvl.. this is fun, but can be frustrating (like runing from 1 enemy and bumping into another)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • Onewingarrow - Lost City
    Onewingarrow - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You could buy better arrows, and only use freeze arrow.

That equals or is a bit cheaper in PvE.

Say per mob you use your skills like normal, thats about 250mp gone = 500g or so on pots?

And say you can kill that same mob in 10 normal hits with better arrows then it would be cheaper, but a bit longer to kill the mob.
    You Cannot Kill, What You Did Not Create.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I hardly use skills when I fight mobs. Usually for mobs, its normal attack, normal attack, frost arrow and knockback, then attack it until its dead. On some mobs i use winged shell first so yeah...Um in pvp I start with sharpened tooth, then stun or take aim and then the other people in my group finish them off. I hardly pvp atm and when I do, Im usually helping the people in the guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Get a slingshot and use winged shell whenever it's off cooldown. On the mobs just use a knockback arrow or mix up the winged shell and frost arrow...which with a slingshot you should be able to keep that up as it gets chi quite quickly.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Never once bought a single potion I pick them up from drops and make my own with herbs.
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You could buy better arrows, and only use freeze arrow.

That equals or is a bit cheaper in PvE.

Say per mob you use your skills like normal, thats about 250mp gone = 500g or so on pots?

And say you can kill that same mob in 10 normal hits with better arrows then it would be cheaper, but a bit longer to kill the mob.

thnx.. I just figured I was using to much skills... switched to the common "frost - normal- normal - knockback - normal"... works fine with the trial crossbow.. but before a decent weapon it was tough...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Buying better arrows is a waste of money. Even at lvls 60 + I don't feel necessity to buy better arrows. I suggest u buy the normal arrows that go for 2 coins EA. Just use winged shell and u won't have any troubles with your mana. b:pleased
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....