How can I start my character off as a "customizations-off" model?

auroraaustralis0
auroraaustralis0 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong board, but it was the only place I could think to ask.

You know how if you turn customizations off in your in-game settings, everyone looks the same? There are maybe three or four different models mostly dependant on character sex, I also noticed the barbarian has his own model.

Well, I've checked the presets during character customization and I can't find them. In particular I would like to start with the "default"/customization-off female model and work my way from there. I just created a wizard and I could never tell what to do with her appearance, however when I went to best performance settings there were characters running all over and it made me realize what I wanted her to look like, somewhat anyway.

She has short dark hair, I think you all know what I'm talking about.

Is there perhaps a preset that I can download somewhere? I've tried screen'ing one of the models and trying to do it manually, all it's done is made me realize how much I suck at it. And yes, I do realize how unoriginal a character this will probably be (but at least if someone has customization off I'll look somewhat like I'm suppose to!), but the looks are perfect for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've apparently got only one day left to change my character's appearance before it's permanent. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, so something tells me I might end up remaking this character just to get her appearance correct. I hope I don't have to do that.
Post edited by auroraaustralis0 on

Comments

• StellarAshes - Heavens Tear
    StellarAshes - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There isn't a way as far as I know.

But, there is a level 28 quest, as well as a cash shop item, that will allow you to change your character appearance later on.
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The in game UI allows you to turn off character customizations for other players so the all look similar. Dont think that will change how you look to yourself though.
    I think what you mean are there some presets in your character customization when you create your character....well yes there is...plenty.
    Go back and try again I think in the left hand side box is varoius descriptions as a start click these to get the look you want then you can edit that too...like hair styles and colors.
    Go back and experiment.
  • auroraaustralis0
    auroraaustralis0 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There isn't a way as far as I know.

But, there is a level 28 quest, as well as a cash shop item, that will allow you to change your character appearance later on.

Thanks, but is the level 28 quest a one time thing? I also think it might be a while before I reach that level.
    nightyne wrote: »
    I think what you mean are there some presets in your character customization when you create your character....well yes there is...plenty.
    Go back and try again I think in the left hand side box is varoius descriptions as a start click these to get the look you want then you can edit that too...like hair styles and colors.
    Go back and experiment.

I DID do this, none of them come anywhere close. I even have the perfect screenshot of what I have in mind and I tried altering the face/eyes/nose/lips etc to look as close as possible and I came up really short.

If there really is no way to get this character apperance other than by doing it yourself it really might be a "unique" one. But given it is a default apperance of sorts I find it hard to believe there isn't a preset I can download somewhere.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it's trial and error. i've tweaked my character several times with a makeover scroll. even simple, single variable things like moving the eyebrows up by a hardly noticable amount.

considering character names and classes are the only PERMANENT things that can never be changed (and names are not re-usable, meaning if you delete the character, the name is gone forever) i would recommend tweaking it as much as you can before the final day of modification is up. make sure you save your model as a preset, and then just create new characters with any kind of random name to adjust your model, login, see how it looks, log out, tweak some more, repeat.. until you have one youre satisfied with. then you save THAT one as a preset, get yourself a makeover scroll, and use it on your main character.

another thing you can maybe do is... get a friend to make a model for you, and have them send you the preset from their pwi folders. then you d/l it, and save it in the appropriate folder for the gender/class presets and you can just use that.

it IS very difficult at first, but after playing around with it the customization stuff will get easier.
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    considering character names and classes are the only PERMANENT things that can never be changed (and names are not re-usable, meaning if you delete the character, the name is gone forever)

They changed that didn't they?
    So the characters that were deleted during the time that you couldn't recover your name, are permanently wrong, but I'm pretty sure if you delete your character now, you can reuse the name.