Everything points to dual axes/hammers?

tapout12
tapout12 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
I look at Lyndura's guide and I must say, it is amazing. From the information he has given me... everything points to dual axes/hammers if you want to succeed. Why is that? Apparently, dual axes do the most damage and have amazing AoE/stunlock skills. Now when you compare them to polearms and swords they just seem so pathetic. Swords just seem too weak and polearms have awkward skills. Why is this? Personally, I would like th stray away from dual axes because I just see to many of them, but I feel that if you want to be successful axes/hammers are the way to go?
Post edited by tapout12 on

Comments

• Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have been a dual blade user since the begging. Not sure what your calling success but I have no real difficulty killing mobs. With dual blade or sword user your not going to be a solo AOE machine, but killing 1v1 on mobs you will do very well, that's where sword users perform best.
  • Jessup - Heavens Tear
    Jessup - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I use duel Swords and there is nothing wrong with it. I murder in 1v1 and I still do tons of damage any where else.

Do not listen to these morons that say Axes are the way to go. Go the way you want to go.
  • ast0ricus
    ast0ricus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    he is right you should go your own path is no fun if you folow what others say and you dont discover enithing just learn from that gui but folow what you want to be not what its best for PvP or PvE or enithing else HF
  • SleipnirX - Lost City
    SleipnirX - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dual swords/blades are the best weapon of allb:pleased
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    tapout12 wrote: »
    I look at Lyndura's guide and I must say, it is amazing. From the information he has given me... everything points to dual axes/hammers if you want to succeed. Why is that? Apparently, dual axes do the most damage and have amazing AoE/stunlock skills. Now when you compare them to polearms and swords they just seem so pathetic. Swords just seem too weak and polearms have awkward skills. Why is this? Personally, I would like th stray away from dual axes because I just see to many of them, but I feel that if you want to be successful axes/hammers are the way to go?

Well, first you have to define "suceed".

Suceed at Stunlock - Axe/Hammer is the best due to having 3 stun skills. Past level 99+ then Hell Polearm and Hell Axe/Hammer are tied in stunning, though, if Axe/Hammer never misses then it still has the first place.

Suceed at Leveling - Axe/Hammer is the best, due to having the highest amount of AoE's to use. Polearm comes in second due to having also a good number of AoE's.

PvP - Axe/Hammer past level 70-77 are the best, but it's arguable that Polearm is the best weapon for PvP. It really comes to the skill/money of the player.

TW - Axe/Hammer is the best for damaging, for doing your stun job then any weapon is ok. Once you're in the 99+ levels, then Hell Spear might be the best due to having a second AoE stun and never missing Roar.

Suceed at saving money - Fist, since all the Fist weapons are very cheap. While you can get the level 70 Claw Mold for 200k, the level 70 Dual Axes mold is around 4m+.

So it comes down to preferences.

In PvP, the one with the most money will more likely going to win. So a rich Fist user could beat a poor Axe user, etc.

But supposing you have unlimited/the same amount of money, then Axe/Hammer and Polearm will perform better than Sword or Fists.

For PvE everyone is the same at the beggining. You use either a low level mold weapon or your FB19 weapon (Polearm) up to some point near level 30.

Past that, it's pretty much the same for all the weapons, since they focus on killing just one mob.

Past level 49 Axe/Hammer and Polearm get a clear advatage due to being able to do AoE trainning.

Past level 6x+, the differences between Axe/Hammer/Polearm and Sword/Blade/Fist becomes bigger.

To the point where a Axe/Polearm is able to level 4-5 times faster than a Sword/Fist user.

And it stays that way until the max level.

But yeah, you can be any weapon by choice and still do ok. But if you want to be more than "just ok" then you might want to think and choose wisely your weapon.
  • tapout12
    tapout12 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thats great info. that you guys are on a PvP server, I'm not. So... using swords PvP might be great, but what about PvE?
  • DeOso - Lost City
    DeOso - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    tapout12 wrote: »
    Thats great info. that you guys are on a PvP server, I'm not. So... using swords PvP might be great, but what about PvE?

Swords...aren't the best at pve. More specifically, they don't have any AoE's outside of the universal skill tree. They are more of a 1v1 class.

In terms of damage they're pretty good, but that's about it.
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    axes/hammers are for barbs..swords and spears are for blademasters..

(this is just my opinon, of course) b:victory
  • Tazuki - Lost City
    Tazuki - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i think its better if u go axe/polearm at lower lvl like till lvl75 or so, by then ull be able to max all ur axe skills and from there u start learning secondary skill which ur going to use later lvls for PvP and TW etc. The reason why im saying this is because i was pure blade until late 7x and i was really slow at lvling compared to axe users. Cuz axe/polearm users start AoE grind at early 7x lvl which allows them to lvl and make money 2x times faster than any other class ( except EP that AoE grinds with BM). So i start maxing my axe skill at late 7x and now i have maxed my Axe mastery, highland cleave and Fissure (all AoE skills) and i kept Dragon at lvl1, since most of the time i get 2spark i use sword ulti. Im sure u'll be able to max all 4 types at late 9x level cuz even tho i maxed most of my blade skills + aoe skills from axe, i still have 6mil sp leftover
  • CuteLilPanda - Lost City
    CuteLilPanda - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it all depends on playing style, personally i'd go axes cause of the faster leveling, but theyre nearly as expensive as barbs
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    They're not that good at killing bosses I've heard. A lot of the chinese stuff I've read says that in fb they use axes to aoe till the boss. Then they change back to fist, punch the boss, use a dragon, punch the boss, use a dragon and repeat.

Apparently some fist weapons endgame are so mutant that they can outdamage a archer and grab aggro from a barb under the best condition. -_-'
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ehhh. I never used axes or well...hardly anything but poleblades.
    As far as PvE is concerned, I don't have much trouble except i cant level AS fast as an axe user...and for PvP...I havent had an axe user even tick my heiro unless he/she was over lvl 80. but I am a pvp build spearman.

really just a matter of what you want really...there is no perfect type for a class.. just know how to play your character.
    ...Ehh.