Do highland tortioises really have hay?

Finbherra - Lost City
Finbherra - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm on the venomancer quest to get 20 hay (aka fodder) to enlarge my pet bag. Can someone telll me if highland tortoioses really have hay? And what else can I kill to get hay? Also, where dose a cadge come from? I've killed at least 20 tortioises by the broken bridge and I haven't gotten any hay -____-;

Also, another question. Can an arabian colt be made into a pet? thx
Post edited by Finbherra - Lost City on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    pwdatabase.com click usa flag top right and search mob or hay

dont think colt is tamable but search on that site it shows whats tamable

cadge? you mean badge? are from special events dont worry about till 80+ most cant be gotten atm anyway
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh goodness. It will take waaaaaayyyyyy more than 20 of the turtles to get the hay. The drop rate on those things is EXTREAMLY low.

On my veno I waited until lvl 17, so I could get the magmite tamed. Then I went to Plume and killed longhorned carapasts, because their drop rate is actually pretty good.

You can also buy hay (at around 7k) from other players, but grinding not only gets the hay for free, but you also get the exp and drops/money from the mobs.

That being said, I know people who spent the hours of grinding on the Highlands, got the hay, advanced a few lvls, and didn't regret it. But in all honesty, you don't need another space in your bag at your lvl.

By 17, I needed one because I had my physical tank, my magic tank, and the scorpion which is high attack. Before that, I didn't need one.

I a lot of people will say wait till lvl 30 to grind antelope pups, but that option didn't work for me.

So I guess it's really up to you.
    cadge? you mean badge? are from special events dont worry about till 80+ most cant be gotten atm anyway

No, she means cage.
    The cage is a cashshop item that you buy with real money. So if you can afford it, you don't need to grind for the hay.

I don't think the arabian colt can be made it to a pet. If you click on it, there should be an Icon to the left of the name (if I remember right) That will tell you if you can tame the animal or not.

I think the arabian colt is a mount you can buy from the pet manager, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • DeCentury - Heavens Tear
    DeCentury - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I was in the same boat as the thread starter and now have my questions answered.

Thanks!
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Arabian Colts are not tameable... which brings me to a marginally related question... what *is* the point of the Lv1 livestock scattered around the map - Arabian Colt, Fell Horse, Chicken, Pup (not to be confused with the tameable Cuddly Pup), etc... Are they just there to confuse the matter of whether an area is free of mobs when you have the grey dots on the minimap turned on? ...or is it an attempt to fill out the scenery a bit? ...or is there actually a purpose to killing them at some point?

And as for the Hay question, I actually had success farming them from Rhinodrake Megaliths, just outside the west gate of Archosaur. That's where I got most of mine. I did get a few from Highland Tortoises (i think 2 of them in something like 50 kills, iirc), but the drop rate was too low to be worth farming there.
  • okaminonamida
    okaminonamida Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thank you, Coviana- I've been wondering that myself. I killed a couple of chickens because I thought maybe there was a point, but if there is, I can't seem to find it. O.o
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thank you, Coviana- I've been wondering that myself. I killed a couple of chickens because I thought maybe there was a point, but if there is, I can't seem to find it. O.o

necro -cough- Nice searching to find this thread though ^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Coviana's last activity was in February, so I doubt she received your thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.