For the love of rare pets.

Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Can we please get the rare pets in the cash shop at a reasonable price like idk 7gold?

Everyone and his dog is killing the spawns to inflate prices and generally annoy others. Meanwhile players are coming up with super hard to impliment schemes and wants to have ppl banned for doing this etc etc.

The answer is simple and its been done in other versions of the game, simply add the rare spawn pet eggs to the CS.
Post edited by Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i can't say for sure why but i don't like the idea of adding them to the cash shop. i think what's so great about these rares is that they ARE so hard to get. but if its been added to other versions then we just might get it too, even if we don't ask for it.
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    And please, addy like these realy good weapons such as the warlords, pro armour, 200k rep items, auto max lvl blacksmit, tailor,.....

it would take the fun of the game as money buyers could just get everything they want ingame
  • Naeva - Sanctuary
    Naeva - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't see the fun In why everything which is supposed to be hard to get should be put in the CS, what so fun with just going around showing of that you have money so that you can buy rare pets and other hard to get stuff. Isn't it allot more fun to run around with something you actually earned to effort?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    blo0dyyay wrote: »
    And please, addy like these realy good weapons such as the warlords, pro armour, 200k rep items, auto max lvl blacksmit, tailor,.....

it would take the fun of the game as money buyers could just get everything they want ingame

I don't think the rare eggs should go into the cash shop. But the problem is that people are killing the rares either out of spite (failed to tame it), or just to annoy people trying to tame it. Imagine if dungeons weren't instanced and just as you got to the end of your FB or TT run, someone came in and killed the boss just to annoy you. And you had to wait 12 hours to try again. That's the situation with several of the rare pet spawns right now.
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah. Addin' it to CS would kill it; I'd say that the 12h thing is the bad thing. I mean, it's good to get pets that spawn rarely, but 12h is un called for. I mean, if nothin' else, that specifically shafts a LOT of people who are at work/school or sleepin' durin' the spawn time...how are they possibly meant to get it asides buyin' the pets? Kinda unfair if they HAVE to rely on these people for it, no?

4h spawns woud work better, I think
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah. Addin' it to CS would kill it; I'd say that the 12h thing is the bad thing. I mean, it's good to get pets that spawn rarely, but 12h is un called for. I mean, if nothin' else, that specifically shafts a LOT of people who are at work/school or sleepin' durin' the spawn time...how are they possibly meant to get it asides buyin' the pets? Kinda unfair if they HAVE to rely on these people for it, no?

4h spawns woud work better, I think

^ this, this would stop the big blablabla about rare pets and would still have the effore of catching it
  • Thyrane - Sanctuary
    Thyrane - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Nay: What the sense in haveing something hard to get if it ends up in the CS need hard things to get to help economics of the game.

Spawns like this get camped all the time in any game.only way too diffuse this is to randomize the spawn rate so no one group or person can capitalize on it makeing it even rarer.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Nay. One of the things that makes PW so great is that there are many valuable items that cannot be bought in the cash shop. Thus wealthier players have incentives to sell gold at the auction house so they can quickly get coin for these items. This transfer of gold in turn allows poorer players to get cash shop items in exchange for their coin. Moving more of the valuable in-game items to the cash shop would defeat this system, as wealthy players would be able to buy them directly and have no reason to sell gold to the rest of us for coin.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well honestly. I'd like to see them put a timer on those that have tamed a rare. At least 24 hours. Just to give everyone a chance. Not just high lvls w/ tons of -% channeling.

Anyway.. on topic. I don't even think they are worth 7 gold, let alone 2 mil. Sure they are cute and some even good pets, but the lvl 20 rares selling for that much is silly. I would never pay that much for one.

The problem is the monopoly on taming, therefore people are killing them. Because of greed. I highly doubt they will put them in CS. It's suppose to be something extra fun and special for venos. I think that has gone the way of the dodo. Lmfao. b:bye
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Who's paying 2mil for a rare spawn egg? All class, yes, go for 2-4 mil, depending. But on LC rare spawn eggs go for ~500-600k, that's not that much.

For my part, nay. They're not rare if anyone can get them.
  • Allerick - Heavens Tear
    Allerick - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Being new here this might be a real newb question. But this seemed like maybe the right thread to ask it in.

These rare pets I see ppl get all riled up about. Are they tougher than other not so rare pets? Or they just wanted so much, because they are just different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I vote nay, because the beauty of them is that they ARE rare. That said, the 12-hr spawn time is sufficient rarity; it doesn't need to be artificially made more rare by people killing them to inflate the prices, or by people twinked out with channeling-speed gear grabbing them every time they spawn.

As for the latter problem, perhaps limit how often one character can tame a specific rare pet; for the former, perhaps make them unkillable (or, alternatively, have a reduced respawn time if they're killed rather than tamed). I know that any of these solutions would require new game-mechanics concepts introduced to the code, so the chance of any of them being implemented is extremely slim... but please don't flood the market with them by introducing them to the Cash Shop.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think the best soloution would be just to make rare pets non-tradable(not like it's gonna happen), this way everyone at the spawn is atleast on the same page(trying to get one for themseleves to use).
  • Mint_sage - Heavens Tear
    Mint_sage - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree with everyone who thinks having rare pets in the Cash Shop ("a reasonable price like idk 7gold?" ~Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear ) DEFEATS the purpose of rare pets. The name implies all, its a "Rare Pet". I, for one, DO NOT want to see people with "easily gotten" rare pets. It sort of annoys my eyes, to see everyone with the same character customizations and pets and all.

And I had a venomancer once, so I know how you feel, but I just don't agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Forsaken :D
  • anaeli
    edited January 2009
    Being new here this might be a real newb question. But this seemed like maybe the right thread to ask it in.

These rare pets I see ppl get all riled up about. Are they tougher than other not so rare pets? Or they just wanted so much, because they are just different?

What makes them rare is that they do not immediately respawn like normal mobs, and can only be found in 1-2 spots around the map. The least rare of these is the Snow Hare, that spawns every hour. The other rare pets: Treefrog, Shaodu Cub, Tabby Plumdrop (Kitty), Cuddly Pup, Armored Bear, Knowlin, (there are a few more that I don't worry about) these all spawn at 12 hour intervals, and at any one time there is at most 1-2 of these monsters on the map. That's why they're so hard to get.
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    anaeli wrote: »
    Who's paying 2mil for a rare spawn egg? All class, yes, go for 2-4 mil, depending. But on LC rare spawn eggs go for ~500-600k, that's not that much.

I guess someone is paying 2 mil and I didn't say all of them. No, sweety I wish rare pets went for 500k to 600k, lol. The only one you can get for that is the Tree frog. The others are 1.2 to 2 mil. Yeah, insane. I don't know who set those prices, but they suck.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I guess making them non-tradeable works in the sense of kicking out the rare pet farmers (who always seem to tame it), but the all class pets which the 12 hour spawn eggs make would need to stay tradeable. Like you said, as if it would happen.

I find it kind of sad i'm almost level 80 now and still have not caught one rare pet yet. The last spawn I was at, the shadou I was insulted for being apparently "Rich and underserving" of taming the shadou cub. And apparently the rest of the venos there were too, so this one veno was going to kill it because we didn't 'deserve' it o___o

I found it amusing and even went into the detail of weapon, armour, charm, skill costs and ecetera only to have a particular RoC barb show up and call me a 'noob' for using charms lol. Anyway, there's obviously alot of hatred surrounding the whole rare pets.

From what i've noticed though, it always seems to be the same people who are taming them and just selling them instead of people who could be taming them and actually using them. Why should I have to pay for something for 1, I can't afford. and 2. I have the ability to tame it myself?

For those who walk off with the pet and say "get over it, it respawns in 12 hours" well maybe so, but I don't really plan on playing for another 12 hours just to catch it....have a life to attend to. 12 hours is actually a fair while.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The answer is to keep the spawn rate 12 hours..
    but have the area of it's spawn random and worldwide.

Keeping it to it's designated level areas of course, but random nonetheless.

Can't farm random...and since new characters might not recognize it, it could possibly be killed. Which also drives up prices, but it is definitely a 'rare' in every sense of the word.

Personally, I got my cuddly pup one day as I was fighting another mob for a quest, and he strolled by me..
    thus, he was 'rare' and honestly how it should be.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i think that making it a cash shop item is a good idea i know most of you saying nay are the ones with the pets already or dont have a venomancer i have camped the rare pets several times 6-7 and its always the same person i see taming it they wait for 1 person to weaken it then go and tame it without having done any work they should atleast lock the rare pets so if someone is attacking it they get attack without worrying if someone is going to steal it from you. im sick of waiting 12 hours just to see that same person that caught the pet come right back and catch it again 12 hours later.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Can we please get the rare pets in the cash shop at a reasonable price like idk 7gold?

Everyone and his dog is killing the spawns to inflate prices and generally annoy others. Meanwhile players are coming up with super hard to impliment schemes and wants to have ppl banned for doing this etc etc.

The answer is simple and its been done in other versions of the game, simply add the rare spawn pet eggs to the CS.

the reason i've seen sometimes as to why it dies is that too many people bring out thier pet to damage it. As a farmer myself i look at the situation and judge whether i need to take out my low lvl pet or not. But some people just don't know how to see it or even stop their pet from attacking.
    anaeli wrote: »

For my part, nay. They're not rare if anyone can get them.

and there is a reason. frog for example, requires 9 egg to make and one egg is about 250k so for 9 of them it should be around 3 mil. i mean they could sell the universal pet for less but it's not profitable.

btw, if you are going to make the rare pet available. you might as well make every single item with a low chance of acquiring available in CS like mold, pages and armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtinct23
    xtinct23 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pets need to spawn at random intervals and in random places. This 12 hour bs is nonsense. I see the same people pull up to the spot within seconds of the mob spawning and those people seem to get the egg every time.

Then they rush off to the auctioneer and sell it for 1.2m +

I've been to a rare spawn 10+ times and oddly enough the exact same person gets the egg every time. I refuse to buy one since I am not paying this person anything. I will now start killing them when I am around. I refuse to let this person make more money while all I want is one simple little pet to use for myself.
  • mikeya
    mikeya Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    XD
    that's right, im the mass murderer!!! ive claimed the lives of 3!!!!... maybe 2 of those bears!!! lol

^.^ look... it sucks... i hate it... i have my reasons, im tired of explaining it over and over again!!

but... i wont kill anymore... apparently it ruins the game for people... what u gonna do next? tell a GM that a high level veno is capturing the pet? maybe he should wave the "ban button" in-front of him to... so u can get a chance to catch it??

not much difference if i kill it, or if a level 80+ tames it... either way, it's not being used for personal purposes, and it's not going to you for free!!!
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    btw, if you are going to make the rare pet available. you might as well make every single item with a low chance of acquiring available in CS like mold, pages and armor.

this comment is made by everyone and i wanna correct this there is a big difference like the fact that those items cant be killed by another player to make a profit if it drops when u kill it or do the most damage its yours for venomancers we have a extremely high chance of losing our pet because someone else tames it while we try to attack it or even worse someone kills it to keep prices higher with armores and molds and stuff there is no way to prevent them dropping so in other words people get them with pets u can destroy them basically both egg form and out in the wild.
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What I would like to see is a quest or instance to be able to capture the pets, make it so it takes a long time (1-2 hours), or is very difficult, so that taming it is still the preferred method. But gives an option for those that really want the pet without having to pay millions for a slight boost.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Intresting responses, let me addess some of them:

1. You want the game changed (diff spawn times, special instance, diff spawn places, non tradeable, etc, etc).

This is dream you are having and its NEVER going to be changed, you can go stick those in the suggestion forum along with all the other suggestions but the result will be the same. Not one single suggestion thats ever been made in MY-EN or PWI has been implimented in the game.. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

2. Saying that making the rare pets avail in CS ruins it make spoils the experience of having one.

Have you considered that one of the biggest "uses" of rare pets is to convert them to all class pets. This requires on average 5 rare eggs.
    currently its so near to impossible to tame them with all the highlevel players(not even veno's) going to the spawns to insta-kill the monsters out of spite/greedy money reasons. The rare pets hardly gives a veno a major advantage (I must admit the dodo bear is pretty good and might be the exception and not get added). The whole reaso for ym post was to give more players the chance to make their own all class pet for NON-venos.

Finally the fact of the maater is the chinese malaysian and several other servers already have the rare pets in the cash shop and its fairly certain its going to happen here.

The currenlt problem is that LOTS of venos and other classes hoping for a pet is being denied this by spitefull/greedy/vindictive players that simply kill the mobs before anyone has a chance to tame them. The venos that DO manage to tame them all spent loads of money to get a lot of -casting time gear and make the rare pets into a business to fuel their own growth. How about we just for one little second consider the community as a whole and dont just stare blindly at how things will affect your little world?
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If they were **** easy to get, they wouldn't be rare pets now, would they?

Besides, introducing them into the cash shop would be an absolutely miserable idea. It would give it a static price and pretty much ruin the entire idea of rare pets.

Besides.. there's already something basically identical in place. If you want to buy a rare pet with your real money, simply sell your gold, and then use the money from that to buy yourself whatever pet you're after.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • anaeli
    edited January 2009
    [sic]

and there is a reason. frog for example, requires 9 egg to make and one egg is about 250k so for 9 of them it should be around 3 mil. i mean they could sell the universal pet for less but it's not profitable.

[sic]

I said rare spawn --eggs-- are going for 500-600k, and I even mentioned all-classes in my original post. If you're paying 2mil for a --veno-- rare spawn egg, you're being cheated. On LC at least.

I understand the pricing of rare eggs and all-classes; I play a veno, and I've bought and tamed rare eggs, and bought and made all-class pets. -_-

At any rate, we're talking about the veno eggs in this thread as far as I can tell. I like the idea of putting a 48hr-or-so lock on taming it if you already did before, but that's not likely as it would either require it be coded for all monsters in general (?) or far more likely, not be feasible at all. :/

The whole reaso for ym post was to give more players the chance to make their own all class pet for NON-venos.

If you want that, just put the all-class in the CS, skip the rare eggs. But I still think it would defeat the purpose. And even if you want an all class bear, 4.5 mil asking price... if you really want it you can have that money in a week or two. Easy. I've spent twice, perhaps almost 3 times that much just on fash, dyes, wind widgets for my flyer, 3* armor, legendary weps, and my rare eggs since I'm too lazy to camp. That character is level 44. :/
  • Mikeya - Heavens Tear
    Mikeya - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    so... that still doesnt adress the issue...

Why is a mob that's rare to spawn STRICLY for veno capture use only???

it's a mob... why should it JUST be for veno's?
    why am i not allowed to tame it with my axes??
    why is me, killing something that has a rare spawn time... against ur veno rules? cuz u REALLY REALLY REALLY want it???

i am without a doubt not killing it to increase my personal revenue/relationship with other people!!

i gain no stature from the increased price of having less of the eggs around...
    so im not intentionally controlling the market!

u want want want want want.... yet u give no reason that u a veno is the sole proprietier (spelling??) of capturing something that rarely spawns....

u say "well, u killing it is an immoral act that causes greif to others"
    yeah, kill stealing from someone does that also
    isnt Efox the one always capturing the bear to sell anyways?? does that not cause u greif if Efox captures, and u would need to pay him/her inorder to get the bear??

either way, ur still not getting the bear!!
    so if u wine about me... then make sure to complain about the high level veno's that camp there all the time!!

ive been beaten to the kill by many veno's! it's their win! they get the prize!
    i see no valid arguement in a single post out there!!!

please, give me a reason that the bear is just for veno use!!!!!
  • anaeli
    edited January 2009
    Your badly spelled rant has nothing to do with the content of this thread. :/

Honestly? I dunno. I can't give you a good reason. I bought my cub and piggy for 500k a piece, I'm happy. So kill all you want. :/
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    so... that still doesnt adress the issue...

Why is a mob that's rare to spawn STRICLY for veno capture use only???

it's a mob... why should it JUST be for veno's?
    why am i not allowed to tame it with my axes??
    why is me, killing something that has a rare spawn time... against ur veno rules? cuz u REALLY REALLY REALLY want it???

i am without a doubt not killing it to increase my personal revenue/relationship with other people!!

i gain no stature from the increased price of having less of the eggs around...
    so im not intentionally controlling the market!

u want want want want want.... yet u give no reason that u a veno is the sole proprietier (spelling??) of capturing something that rarely spawns....

u say "well, u killing it is an immoral act that causes greif to others"
    yeah, kill stealing from someone does that also
    isnt Efox the one always capturing the bear to sell anyways?? does that not cause u greif if Efox captures, and u would need to pay him/her inorder to get the bear??

either way, ur still not getting the bear!!
    so if u wine about me... then make sure to complain about the high level veno's that camp there all the time!!

ive been beaten to the kill by many veno's! it's their win! they get the prize!
    i see no valid arguement in a single post out there!!!

please, give me a reason that the bear is just for veno use!!!!!

By all means.... kill kill kill, only ones that ever get to tame them anyway are the ones taming them to sell for their own profit.... so kill kill kill..... if you wanna camp at a 12 hour spawn just to kill a mob that isn't going to give you **** for exp and will most likely only drop a few coins, then for the love of pete, GO for it!