Is it just me...?

_Arrow_ - Lost City
_Arrow_ - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Is it just me or is PvP MOSTLY based on heiros?

Heiros aren't a total disaster though, this means you'll have to think of a strategy to spike some heavy damage before the 10 second recharge.

What do you guys think of heiros in PvP? Good, or bad?
Infamous (PvP guild) recruiting 40+
PK/FB/Vent/TS/HH
PM me on Lost City b:victory
Post edited by _Arrow_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Ryocean - Lost City
    Ryocean - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Meh... Mind you, these things cost gold. So they bought and can use it. Personally I don't mind because you don't lose exp in PvP or PK so its not a big deal... To me anyways...
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the heiro just makes for different strategies, although it would be better if they removed heiros, but had a 2-3 second cooldown on pots, and it was immediate heal, not over 10 or 15 seconds.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't really like heiros in pvp, as it makes things a huge cash cow war. The cooldown makes things more balanced....but its annoying having to drop someone twice. Oh well, as long one employs strategy its not an issue aka saving your huge dmg spike for the cooldown.

Regardless, heiros keep the game running. As players we just have to adapt.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ehm, what is a Hiero? Are you referring to HP/MP Charms? o.o
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yep. Heiro is the old name for it.
  • DarKCuLeXx - Lost City
    DarKCuLeXx - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i think charms is only good for mobs tho , cuz in pvp u would die in 3-4 shots and some ppl would 1 shot u , unless ur a tank
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hate Cookies b:surrender
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Heiros/charms certainlly give u the upper-hand without em' u die very fast, and would stand no chance against ranged classes as melee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the heiro just makes for different strategies, although it would be better if they removed heiros, but had a 2-3 second cooldown on pots, and it was immediate heal, not over 10 or 15 seconds.
    your idea with the pots, i disagree..
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I like heiros, personally. It makes PWi's pvp different from most other games.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it makes it more exciting, like "ok their herio just ticked! i got 10 seconds, ok they're about to die! *heiro ticks* DAMN!"
    Back.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i think charms is only good for mobs tho , cuz in pvp u would die in 3-4 shots and some ppl would 1 shot u , unless ur a tank

nope thats just us mages that this sh*t happens to other classes can live just fine just not us DarKCuleXx
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So you know if u 1 shot someone they will die whether they have a heiro or not. If u hit someone more than the hp they have remaining they will die if they have a heiro, if they dont, if it is about to tick wateva they will die. That is why a lot of players hit people with a slightly weaker skill to reduce somones hp to just of 50% (50%= heiro tick) then hit with a much stronger skll so they die without having to bring down their hp again. Also without heiros pvp would be very imbalanced for melee classes and to an extent ranged too and you would have 0 chance of surviving ganks.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • sephirath
    sephirath Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    doesnt like everyone has one anyway?