Just wondering about bots...

edteach
edteach Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I have not began to play Perfect World yet. Just want to get a feel for the ingame experience. I play at the moment another MMORPG called Silkroad Online, please no bashes about the game. It has its good and bad things, so i am wondering if Perfect World has differences in this case. How are the GM's? Are they active? Are there bots in the game? And if so, alot? How hard is it to level? (It's an MMORPG so i know it all depends on how much time you spend playing as to how fast you will reach the level cap). Is there a level cap? Is it easy to log into the game? (IE server traffic) I know this is alot of questions, but i would like to try this game out, you never know you might make a convert out of me... :P

Thank you in advance to all those who will respond.
Post edited by edteach on

Comments

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The GM's are very nice and active and respond faster than any other game I've played. There are bots, but the GM's do a very good job killing them off. Lvling is like any other MMO, some consider it hard, some consider it easy. Don't count on reaching the lvl 105 lvl cap, you need WAY too much exp. After 90, there's a soft cap, meaning the exp you'll need to lvl up skyrockets. Logging in is pretty easy, unless you try to log into west archosaur (lag central because of the merchants).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KonOkami - Lost City
    KonOkami - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let's take it one by one. First welcome to PWI :)

Now...about the GMs. I'd prefer to leave that unanswered >.>
    Bots: There are some but they are kept to a minimum. It's the most "free of bots" FREE game I've seen so far.
    Leveling now is not really that tough till a certain point. Till lvl 40 u just quest your way up the lvl ladder. Then u'll start grinding a bit..but only a bit at least until 56 I currently am.
    Lvl cap is 105 but noone has reached it yet.
    As for server traffic..Lost City(the PvP server) has never "denied" me a connection. For the PvE ones(Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear) u'll need to wait a response from some1 there
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How do you report a bot? I tried the consult online GM thing, and it popped up a box that said to type and had "I'm stuck" pre-filled. But I couldn't change the text to something else.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Right-click the bot to bring up the menu, and select "report ****".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    As for server traffic..Lost City(the PvP server) has never "denied" me a connection. For the PvE ones(Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear) u'll need to wait a response from some1 there

Same for me in Sanctuary.

And Welcome. b:pleased
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Never a problem with heavens Tear server either, Even on the days when server is loaded.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    never have login problems
    this game has extremely few crashes compared to others ( i personally havent had one in weeks)
    bots are fairly well handled, havent seen a spam bot in arch on HT in a while, and grind bots are reported fairly well
    soft cap depends a bit, but most would say levling is quite fast till 7x
  • edteach
    edited January 2009
    I like how the first repsonce is a Moderator. :P Now what were you saying about different servers? If you log into a different server do you have to make a new character? And i live in central United States, what server would be good for me to log into and not have alot of lag?
  • KonOkami - Lost City
    KonOkami - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Unfortunately yeah but characters are not shared between servers. You'll have to make a character again in case u decide to change. As for which server u should go to...
    It's not that much lag anyway no matter which one u pick(except certain places like West Archosaur that is the commercial district of the game. Tons of player set up shops and ppl checking them all the time). So first choose if u want to play in a PvP(Lost City) or a PvE(Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear) server. If u pick PvE I don't know which of the two is better. Sorry that's all I can help with :3
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Most people play on one server because you can't move your character to a different server. I believe for PvE Sanctuary is less crowded that Heavens Tears (since it's the newer of the two), so if you're looking for less lag than that's probably the better option (although I have to say, HT rocks) ^_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • lamborghini
    lamborghini Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    okay, since i play silkroad i can compare

GM's - often ban wrong people for stupid things or just because a person got reported too much, but actually listen to you sometimes, and are active in comparison to SRO. Of course, they do try and get money outta ya for the cash shop stuff by making all the exclusive event prizes and later selling that same thing in CS, but thats alright - its F2P game, and the money still has to come from somewhere.

BOTS - WAAAAYYYY less...no agbot, isro and stuff, no freakin parades of bots in hotan and no DC when you tp to hotan or any other city - way more fairness, if you could call grinding for hours fair hehe.

GRINDING - taking in account that botting is a sure way to get banned and i dont even know of any bot for PWI, it will take longer, but speaking in absolute values, i'd say about the same as sro...maybe faster because of all the quests being more heavily rewarded.

NO TRAFFIC PROBLEMS - not like in sro, where i usually had the sroserverlist running and clicked untll the damn spot opened(no verification code either and no need to download noDC/testosterone). Also, all premium items can be traded in game, and item mall(cash shop here) stuff can be bought with coins that you can in turn buy for ingame money.

All in all, I switched almost completely from sro now (had 78 ice/light/bicheon sword nuker on mars), and i never regretted it. The main thing I advise is that you take a good read through the guides on classes. Simply speaking, archers(rogues and chinese bow combined) pwn in pvp except against clerics, have crazy range, both magical and physical attacks, but have the problem of either low hp or a bit low evasion depending on the build. Venos(no analog in sro) are very rich(can do bosses alone, again no analog in sro, not like looking for isy half the day, there are way more bosses and dungeons and only venos can sometimes solo them). They get a crazy pet later on if they have 20mil to spare, but are themselves VERY vulnerable to distant attacks due to low hp, but have excellent melee defense buffs. Barbs(full str shield/sword and some bard like buffs) and clerics(aka force mastery but way better with attack skill and shields plus the euro cleric skill) are always in demand, and blademasters(full stf glaive) are good for stun, and are quite a ranging class fighters depending on the weapon they use. Wizards(well...wizards) are damage freaks(no invisibility thank god, and unlike in sro, wizards are a bit more long lasting..that is, by about 3-4sec hehe and dont always get 1 hitted by xbow rogues(aka archers here)) but again have to run around the most, have low hp and physical defense(depending on the shield skill they use) and are archers' favourite PK prey.
  • SmokeBong - Heavens Tear
    SmokeBong - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hi, and welcome to Perfect World! What are we talking about, comparing this 2 games, off course both have their good and bad points, but in the case of bots, hacks, traffic, bugs, costumer support you cant compare PWI and sro, since i was there too and im very happy that i charged back and get away from that bot fest game. You will be pleased by the support of the company too, i'm very excited myself too, maybe the only thing you'll miss is the dynamics of the gameplay.
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
  • edteach
    edited January 2009
    Glad to see some people that i feel will be easier to talk to about skills and stuff. And yes we are sort of comparing it to sro. But only is aspects of game play quality/support.
    And thank you to everyone that has responded, i have the feeling this community is much more appreciative and happy than sro.
    Now a few more questions if you all have the time. I was reading up on some skills that are available to each class and race. They only say level requirments. For example, in sro you need exp to gain level's and sp (skill experience) to use towards learning a skill. Is it the same thing in PWI?
    And i was thinking about making a support character mostly because i think that would be the best way to learn the game is just by sitting back and watch more experienced players use their characters while i heal/buff. Which i assume would not be all that difficult. But i also like the aspect of being able to solo, so i might want to go venomancer. What would be easier for a new player to learn the game with?

Oh yeah, and is there a gap? IE more sp for a difference in skill levels to characters level.
  • SmokeBong - Heavens Tear
    SmokeBong - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The skill system is not like sro one, here you need spirit and money to lvl them, and its not as complex as sro skill system and no, there is no gap to farm etc. I would not suggest anything for a class, since im new too, but i have tryed blademaster which is my main char now, wizard, barbarian, archer too and i found best suitable for me is blademaster. glad if i helped b:pleased
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
  • taylor2rain
    taylor2rain Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes their are bots... I was in my 20's , and seen two venos going botTastic! , kinda wild watching them roam and loot and Steal kills, ... Reminded me of Glider for WOW... very smooth.. so yes theirs a bot out their. but as a good neighbor i felt it was only right to keep the game as fair as possible and report them... the gm responded 20-30mins later and watched em for few mins, asked me cpl questions... and POOF... their were gone!.... Thanks GM's for the decent timed response and Swift Accurate Action.... I Love Capitalizing Every Word... lol GL HF... still new too the game.. on pvp ofcourse... not sure if im just gonna reroll on the new PVP server this morn... trying to figure out the Characters... tried Cleric... Nice.. Tried Veno... like it alot, but dont like how i cant heal myself lol... ok gl hf..
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I dunno what programme the bots use, but I've only ever caught 1 person botting, and when the GM came around after I reported... they stopped botting and it made me mad.

:<

Also the GM came after reporting twice and I had someone else report that was watching the person bot. She reported once...

So if you report once don't expect like an immediate reaction...

x3
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye