Ultimate Game Card

crazyxkeunz
crazyxkeunz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
Wow...this is extremely stupid. I just bought a $20 game card from a Rite-Aid across the street, when I want to charge it, it says I need to pay $20.76, so I need to buy ANOTHER game card (which by the way only comes in $20 at Rite-Aid)?! I have bought 1 other game card before, then all they said was that I need $19.99, and that was fine. but now, wtf?! Anyone else had this prob?
Post edited by crazyxkeunz on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I clicked on the Ultimate Gamer Card option, only said .76. My guess is it's a fee to use their services.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _CatGirl_ - Heavens Tear
    _CatGirl_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    same thing happened to me, make sure u clicked on the right icon, the one above the five choices
    Character-Class-Level-Server-Faction-Activeness

_CatGirl_-Veno-81-HT-N/A-Semi-Active
    AngelOfLies-Cleric-90Sage-HT-N/A-Semi-Active
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-67-HT-N/A-Not active
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-60-HT-N/A-Not active
    SpiralLight-Mystic-3x-HT-N/A-Main
  • crazyxkeunz
    crazyxkeunz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ah phew, figured out a way around the charge. All you have to do is charge $10 two times. No extra charge on that. Thanks for the help :).
  • anneugc
    anneugc Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I purchase the game card oftenly online from http://www.ultimategamecard.com/. It costs me $20.80bbb:quiet
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    Omnee - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks I was having same problem >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    just buy $10 game cards, thats what i do at my local 7-11, i buy two and it's exactly $20.
    Back.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wow...this is extremely stupid. I just bought a $20 game card from a Rite-Aid across the street, when I want to charge it, it says I need to pay $20.76, so I need to buy ANOTHER game card (which by the way only comes in $20 at Rite-Aid)?! I have bought 1 other game card before, then all they said was that I need $19.99, and that was fine. but now, wtf?! Anyone else had this prob?

Hello,

We are currently working with PayByCash in regards to this issue. They have also informed us about this error and both are working diligently to figure out what is going on. Please hold onto any cards you have and do not redeem them at this time. We will be posting when a resolution happens.

Thank you,
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Lazzeras - Sanctuary
    Lazzeras - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    They only sell $10 ultimate game cards around here at Miejers,our 7-11 has the games cards for Gaia and such other games those are $10 & $25 cards.

So i have not run into the issue you had.b:thanks
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited January 2009
    okay... i just got wind of this thread... please allow me to comment.

the following statement:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us! Perfect World Entertainment has recently made an adjustment to the prices they charge for a membership with them. This is why the price that you are being quoted on your order is a bit higher. We do apologize for this inconvenience, however this was a change that was implemented by the game provider. If you require any additional assistance or information, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thanks,
    Kim

Customer Service Representative
    PayByCash.com

is completely false and PayByCash will be hearing from me direct about it. whoever made this statement most likely did not know what they were talking about, considering we never charge for "membership". i will chalk up their comments to ignorance and not maliciousness.

i will talk to one of their directors today so they don't release such statements in the future.

thanks,

ORINJ (angry)
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hello,

The current solution to this problem is to charge the $10 option twice on your $20 cards. This will net you the correct amount of ZEN and avoid the additional fee that has come about. I repeat DO NOT use the $20 option anymore. We are still in contact with PayByCash and are still working on the resolution so from this moment on, only use the $10 option even if you have a $20 card.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Another + side to using the $10 option is that you get 2 Gaming Pixels instead of one for future use =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orinj
    edited January 2009
    **UPDATE**

okay, so i got word back from PBC and they've admitted fault and have issued an apology.

their words:
    First of all let me apologize for the statements made below by one of our customer service representatives. I will make sure that all of our representatives are aware of this situation and that they not respond in this manner going forward.

okay.... since that's all cleared up now, know that we are going to be removing the $20.00 ultimate game card option. this doesn't mean you can't use the $20.00 game card, it just means you'll have to use the $10.00 option twice.

sorry for the inconvenience, they (PBC) did something on their end that affected the end-result of the transaction cost.

this is all cleared up.

our most extreme and sincere apologies to any of you that were affected by this issue.

thanks for understanding.

- O.R. Inj the Real American Hero
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    =P I knew they made a boo-boo =P So my fix is the fix..for now. Thankies much guys =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiregean - Heavens Tear
    Kiregean - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So here's the question, are those of us who were overcharged going to be reimbursed? Because as of current I'm owed $1.98

Correction on the amount, it's $2.28 owed from the cards and $0.56 from previous leftover balances but they can keep the change as long as $1.98 is refunded so I can use my remaining balance $8.02.
  • orinj
    edited January 2009
    So here's the question, are those of us who were overcharged going to be reimbursed? Because as of current I'm owed $1.98

Correction on the amount, it's $2.28 owed from the cards and $0.56 from previous leftover balances but they can keep the change as long as $1.98 is refunded so I can use my remaining balance $8.02.

hi there,

well on our end, there's nothing to reimburse. it's paybycash that just charged you their transaction fee. if you want to use the $8.02 balance, you can probably use any of their other payment methods and pay the $1.98 to make an even $10.00. they'll probably charge you a fee for paying that $1.98, which would come out to $2.38 after the fee. so if you use one of their other payment options and pay $2.38, you can use your $8.02 balance.

hope this helps.

- orinj
  • Problmatik - Sanctuary
    Problmatik - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yah i just tryed the charge the 20 dollar card as two 10's and once again i still dont have my zen but i have 2 new emails about how my transaction was successful.....
    edited January 2009
    After a barrage of emails between myself and PayByCash I finally recieved this response after threatening to file a grievance with the Better Business Bureau.

Response (Kim F.) - 01/23/2009 11:43 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us! We do sincerely apologize for the confusion. There was a miscommunication between our customer service staff resulting in the wrong information being reported. Apparently there was not a price change on Perfect World's side. The extra fee that has been charged to your order is the fee that is charged to use the Ultimate Game Card payment method. I'm very sorry, but we can not reimburse this fee. Again we sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding, and the inconvenience that this has cause. If you require any additional assistance or information, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thanks,
    Kim

Customer Service Representative
    PayByCash.com

Due to their unscrupulous practices I'd recommend to all filing grievances as well, they need a wake up call to show them that just because they are an online company doesn't make them above the rules of commerce trade.
  • hellokittymp
    hellokittymp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well 2 -10$ does not work either they are charging 2.99 for 10$. WTF. They are in trouble with me I have there owners number and I will be calling him tomorrow.
  • orinj
    edited January 2009
    well 2 -10$ does not work either they are charging 2.99 for 10$. WTF. They are in trouble with me I have there owners number and I will be calling him tomorrow.

are you still having this issue? i redeemed 2x $10.00 cards without any extra added fee.

- orinj
    edited January 2009
    As soon as the $20.00 option was removed and they noticed, they added a surcharge to the $10.00, they are doing it intentionally. The BBB is now involved and investigating, possibly initiating legal recourse if required.
  • karthyse
    karthyse Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Figured I would add to the conversation:

Got a $20 card at Walmart today and tried the above method to get the full amount. No go. I ended up getting 1000 zen for $12.37USD. Needless to say I will NOT be using UGC's unless they get this fiasco cleared up.
  • karthyse
    karthyse Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    OK I went back and looked it over and I figured out what the problem is. They have 2 separate options for $10.00 cards. One will charge correctly for 9.99 the other will charge for 12.37. I suppose I could say it's partially my fault for not reading thouroughly, but I saw $10.00 and clicked on it.

So make sure you use only the top option for $10.00 game cards under the "Ultimate Game Card" section, not the lower "Pay By Cash" section. Bear in mind that I did not actually spend any money testing this out, but just saw the discrepency in the "fine print".
  • Breaba - Heavens Tear
    Breaba - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I ran into the same thing today after a couple of days of back and forthing. They are telling me (I got the email today on the 24th) that its PW thats changed the price. Right now I have a used card with no way to either get the money back or have it used for its intended purpous.

At this point is the only thing I can do wait and hope for the best?

Here is a copy/paste from my email:

Response (Kathryn) - 01/24/2009 09:47 AM Hello, Thank you for writing. Our system shows your Ultimate Game Card (PIN: *********) is currently active, and holds the amount of $20.00 USD. Please note, 'Perfect World' has recently changed their pricing policy. At this time, a subscription to 'Perfect World' is $20.75 USD. This is probably why your Ultimate Game Card payment was unsuccessful when you attempted to redeem your PIN. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If the final price of your order is more than the face value of the card, you will need more than one card to complete your payment. To view your order page instructions, please click on the following link.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    -.0 This is not the most impressived I've ever been with a Verisign company.

Until this issue is cleaned up, please be sure to click the button in a red square in this picture, and check that the price matches expectations.

pricebutton.png
    checkprice.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breaba - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Actualy I'm kinda screwed since no matter where I look I can't find a $10 card anywhere.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can use a 20 USD Ultimate Game Card for two separate 10 USD transactions. The remaining currency stays on your account, although PayByCash does not allow that money to be used for any game other than PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breaba - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I would recomend people stop using Ultimate Game Cards all together. I used a $10 eailer today that I was able to find in order to fill out my $20 card from the previous time. THAT card hasn't gone through either so now I'm out $30 with no zen at all.

Update: Well ealier today my $10 card cleared so I have that, but I've been infomred about having a balance, which I found out is a mear $0.05 that doesn't sound anywher enear correct for putting in $30.

Update #2: I recived yet another email from them and basicaly my $20 is GONE as if I never payed them in the first place.

"Thank you for your inquiry. The information regarding your account balance is correct. Our records indicate that you have made two payments in January of 2009. The first payment was a 20..00 USD Ultimate Game Card payment on 2009-01-13 for order ********. This order had a total amount due of 19.99 USD, leaving a remainder of 0.01 USD to be added to your PayByCash balance. The second payment was a 10.00 USD Ultimate Game Card payment on order ********. The total amount due for this order was 9.99 USD, leaving a remainder of 0.01 USD to be added to your balance. Before the payments that were made this past January, your PayByCash account had a balance of 0.03 USD. After your most recent payments, your balance is now 0.05 USD. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again at anytime. Thank you,Samantha"
  • Kazeki - Heavens Tear
    Kazeki - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've recently purchase two $20 card. When i tried to redeem either using the $10 option it tells me "This card has not been activated and cannot be redeemed". Can anyone tell me wats goin on?
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can see my entire rant about the Ultimate Game Cards here...http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95572

I wouldn't recommend anyone using the UGC cards with PWI especially if you live in Canada (I'm not sure about other countries). The exchange rate will **** you.
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you are getting that message then the cashier where you bought the game cards didn't activate the cards before you left the store. I hope you have your receipts. This happened to me the first time I bought one.
    I've recently purchase two $20 card. When i tried to redeem either using the $10 option it tells me "This card has not been activated and cannot be redeemed". Can anyone tell me wats goin on?