Soul Transfusion

Sulphor - Sanctuary
Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
Is it bugged, or am I doin' somethin' wrong?
I read that it's supposed to switch hp and mp values directly.
I'm standin' there w/ 300 hp and 1k mp and used ST to switch the stats...and still have 300hp and 900mp. Used it again a minute later; exact same. And same again...nothin's happenin', other than it eatin' my chi (which I wasnae aware it did...)...

What's happenin'? :(
Post edited by Sulphor - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear
    ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is it bugged, or am I doin' somethin' wrong?
    I read that it's supposed to switch hp and mp values directly.
    I'm standin' there w/ 300 hp and 1k mp and used ST to switch the stats...and still have 300hp and 900mp. Used it again a minute later; exact same. And same again...nothin's happenin', other than it eatin' my chi (which I wasnae aware it did...)...

What's happenin'? :(

It moves your current HP to your MP and vice versa, but doesn't change your maximum for either bar. It's like you have a 10 ounce jar and you pour 15 ounces of water into it, the jar will fill up but you'll lose 5 ounces at the same time.
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The description is wrong. It consumes up to 100 chi per cast. o.o

It also switches hp/mp based on percents. If you have 5% hp left and 100% mp left, using soul transfusion will give you 100% hp and 5% mp. o.o This can be used with metabolic boost and nature's grace to give yourself virtually infinite hp/mp... as long as you have enough chi...
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    That'll explain it. I thought it was direct points. I jus' happened to be in the unfortunate position that I had 50% hp and 30% mp when I cast it (jus' have like triple the max mp than I have max hp...was feelin' lazy and wanted to double my current hp w/o potions and could afford to drop some mp ^^:)...would explain why the values barely changed.

S'cool to know. Was wonderin' about the ''up to 100 mp'' thing, actually. Seemed like a weird cost. So that means it'll jus' take any and all of your chi up to 100? Cuz I can use it w/ no chi, it seems.

Thanks for the explanation; will have to keep that bit in mind :)
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So that means it'll jus' take any and all of your chi up to 100? Cuz I can use it w/ no chi, it seems.
    Yeah, basically. XD

On my light armor fox, I've used this to have infinite mp without pots... use nature's grace as often as possible... then use soul transfusion and metabolic boost when needed to keep my mp high. o.o

Still need pots to recover when I get ambushed so.. XD
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Aye, I'm usin' it more atm to jus' keep my mp up for free, cuz I don't have Nature's Grace yet >.<
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]