Being band for cheating .Im paranod

darkness7
darkness7 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
OK so lately being over lvl 40 in this game has gotten much harder and more frustrating over the days.I've lurked into some topics on this forum on subjects that I hear can get anyone banned,for things such as gliches and confusing the mobs.
Well my friends tell me in fb caves to use my venomancer to lure in 1 mob and than unsummon and resummon for i wont get aggrode by 4 at the same time.
aside from venomancers being able to lure mobs and confuse the other by unsummoning and resummining there pets.I've just learned the other day about some crazy stone quest that gives me 27,000 exp per day if u spend 2 k on items from an npc in archasour.
Am i cheating by using these tactics?I also get my pet to fight 1 monster and have my friend whose an archer fly from a distance and shoot from the other side,I know that in the combo system it says something from attack from behind but I don't know if making a mob run back and fourth between characters while running around in circles is concidered unfairness in game.
My friend told me in game that she reported some player for bringing an aggrivated monster into a safe zone that killed her character and they got banned.I always seen this as tactics but i don't know if me luring mobs and doing crazy stone quest is cheating.Is it?

I DID NOT USE GLICHES TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MONSTER IN A SAFE ZONE.
lol,just pointing that out.b:shocked
Post edited by darkness7 on

Comments

• noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    stupid noob. i got agrivated reading this. use common sense. no glich no worries man.
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    stupid noob. i got agrivated reading this. use common sense. no glich no worries man.

I don't know why you had to be so rude in your response.

You're not the only one that's feeling a bit unsure since all the talk here on the forums. Bottomline from what I've gathered......If the mob can hurt you or your pet, then you're ok.

The summon/stowing to lure mobs is a function of venos, so you're doing the right thing there b:victory

The crazy stone quest is something we look forward to doing everyday!! Enjoy that extra exp!
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, the glitch that veno's are being banned for, is using a flying pet on bosses like gouf and kisma, of which the bosses just lock up and don't fight back, and stand there as you wail on them.

Pulling of individual mobs in FBs is standard accepted behavior by both GMs and players, UNLESS you are pulling them through a door or barrier in the FBs that you yourself could not pass through.

Dragging bosses into safe zones, is cruel, rude, but not necessarily illegal, unless you somehow made it clear you were intentionally hounding the same player or group.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    darkness7 wrote: »
    My friend told me in game that she reported some player for bringing an aggrivated monster into a safe zone that killed her character and they got banned....

It's for dragging bosses in, don't worry about regular mobs, they'll neither follow far, nor survive long enough to do much harm, let alone kill anyone in town.

The Crazy Stone quest is meant to be repeated. It basically converts coin into exp.
  • Omiekins - Lost City
    Omiekins - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sheesh, don't be so rude, noobcake4lyfe. e_e

Anyways, the only two glitches I am aware of are the venos using flying pets to damage bosses without the pet or themselves getting hurt (It glitches the boss inot doing nothing) and it is bannable.

Also, the archer glitch where they use some skill to 'kill' somebody in a duel, and after the duel they can spam it nonstop without using the spark required for it. These are BAD to do.

The stone thing is just a quest. Enjoy it.
    Omiekins // Archer
    Bombchu // Venomancer
    {{ Nostalgia }}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I refuse to see the so called Archer glitch as a glitch until an admin says it is. It's just nitpicky fingerpointing of veno's who have gotten a slap on the wrist for glitching boss mobs.

Archers zhen away to your hearts content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You can see it as you want. If the skill was intended to end when the targeted mob dies the 'workaround' is definitely a way to circumvent that (intended) mechanic. It's a amusing to see you using double standards like this.

It is, btw, next to impossible that the 'archer trick' happens by accident, while the 'veno trick' can and does occur without any action or intention to do so by the player. A veno has to watch out for it's occurrence and is apparently expected to take measures to end, or prevent it.
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The archer aoe requires spark, lol. So, spamming a skill without needing the spark is well.... << abusing a glitch. There's no other way to see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    turtlewax wrote: »
    You can see it as you want. If the skill was intended to end when the targeted mob dies the 'workaround' is definitely a way to circumvent that (intended) mechanic. It's a amusing to see you using double standards like this.

It is, btw, next to impossible that the 'archer trick' happens by accident, while the 'veno trick' can and does occur without any action or intention to do so by the player. A veno has to watch out for it's occurrence and is apparently expected to take measures to end, or prevent it.

Not only that, but it's not only Venos being banned for gouf, it's anyone who happens to be in the area when a flying pet is even spotted anywhere near gouf.

infact the only two accounts i've seen of anyone getting banned for gouf were posted in the other two threads on the subject and they WERE NOT venos!

Nevermore is obviously profitting by exploiting the archer zhen bug, so ofcoarse he's going to be a little biased/
    I refuse to see the so called Archer glitch as a glitch until an admin says it is.

Yeah.... good luck on that, they won't even give us a clear official answer about Gouf. I guess you'll find out if it's ok or not after you've been banned for it.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Just do whatever you want till someone yells at you for it, then, don't get caught again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    evrilysis wrote: »
    Just do whatever you want till someone yells at you for it, then, don't get caught again.

Even better, don't be stupid enough to do it again.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Even better, don't be stupid enough to do it again.

Nope.

You're wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkness7
    darkness7 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    stupid noob. I got agrivated reading this. use common sense. no glich no worries man.

You don't even use caps when typing.This is a game not real life.If your in the middle of some train track while trains about to hit you,you don't just magically obtain some laptop and quickly use the mouse pad to try to click away from teh horrors Dx.This game is an engine that contains mad errors.It's not perfect and that is why the GM's worry about people abusing those error's instead of helping them correct the game.No one seemed to give me a straight answer about the (confusing aggrivated mobs) with a Venomancer that is probably a bannable offense.Only veno's can lure.
    Besides being a hypocrite with bad grammar,you just got pwned b:pleased
    So 4 monsters run into my pet magmite,I wait till it attacks 1,than unsummon and than the others run back while there h.p. recovers.If a monsters aggrode I'm assuming it was suppose to stay on target till the player is to far for it to be able to reach them.If any character attacks a mob even from range they end up pulling the ones around it in the fb caves most of the time.
    To me it seems like it's unfairness and cheating.
    Lol veno's can confuse monsters that were suppose to attack and stay on target and all other races have to put up with hit and run tactics
    my grammar's a little off but I'm assuming it's legible
    Why did i get trolled???Dx my gawd it's starting to feel like I'm in WOW (game that sucks) all over again >__< b:infuriated
  • Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear
    Ifuonlyknew - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Omg... me and some of my guildies were trying to kill gouf but we kept dieng so someone from EGF helped my guildes out, a member from them was useing a flying pet to help kill gouf but another member was tanking it we barely survived but is it possible we could get banned???? someone respond. Please gm's we werent exploiting him at all DX it was just a pet she used T-T
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm more worried about when i'm flying cross-country harvesting herbs and mats... i keep my pet out (obviously flying pet, coz i'm flying) to hit the mobs that aggro, so i don't get interrupted while harvesting. It'd be ridiculous to have to land and summon a ground pet to guard me every time i start harvesting something... but if one of the mobs around the herb/mat happens to be stricken with the bug preventing it from attacking back, i can be banned. Is there a list of which mobs are afflicted with this bug so i can avoid them while doing my fly-by harvesting?

Oh... duh... i just realised that if such a list were published, there would be cheaters who would use the list as ones to go after, rather than avoid... *headdesk* ...so it seems that i'll always be living under the sword of damocles, with GMs ready to ban if i happen to harvest a resource too close to the wrong mobs?
  • Sminerbarb - Heavens Tear
    Sminerbarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    at wat lvl can i get the crazy stone quest, and were
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Starting at Lv30. Hou Jehnsi. West Archosaur.

There's probably a thread already discussing that somewhere, but it was quicker to answer than it is to check.