Kill stealing and language?

Options
solbrio
solbrio Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Forgive me if this seems really out of place here...

My bf and I come from another game where ks'ing and vulgar language is not only frowned upon..but reportable offenses.

We've only been here like 4 days, LOVING the game...but are running into the same offensive behaviour we left the old game over!

Please someone tell me that its frowned upon here?

(or that kill stealing isn't also stealing experience for the kill?)

b:sad
Post edited by solbrio on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If you have taken screenshots please send in a ticket to Customer Support with the screenshots attached to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solbrio - Sanctuary
    Solbrio - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thank you for your quick reply.

I'll start doing that.
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Kill stealing ? As in you attack a mob and someone else attacks too and gets the kill and the loot ?
    If this is what you mean I agree totally that is so annoying.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Keep in mind that many attacks have a built-in delay. If you're melee, you double-click on a mob and it'll take a few seconds to run up to it and start attacking. If you're a caster, you'll cast your spell but it'll be a sec or two before it finishes casting and the spell fires. During this time, anyone else won't know that you're attacking and could start attacking it as well.

To make it worse, there seems to be a significant amount of lag between when you cancel an attack, and when the cancel command goes through. So even if you realize you're attacking something that someone else is attacking and cancel, the next spell you're casting may finish casting anyway.

Unless you've been attacking for a while (like over 3 sec) before the other person starts attacking, I would assume that it's lag and not kill stealing.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yeah this game needs some indication that a particular mob has already been targeted by someone. Dunno maybe a different coloured ring around it?
    Quite often people may not have seen you attacking. I get that a lot. Select a mob and run towards it, only to find the mob got hit by an archer before I can get to it.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i dont beleive kill stealing is bannable unless it turns into harrassment in wich someone follows u around ksing u =o... as for offensive behaviour press print screen on your keyboard (next to F12) and report it by clicking contact us on the bottom of this page =o
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    kill stealing?
    every mmorpg has players like that
    you just learn to deal with it

the only way i'd see it as a problem is if the player is intentionally following you around where-ever you go stealing your kills
    then it'd be harassment which you could report

i mean most people aren't killing your monsters for the sake of stealing your kill
    they're just jerks who just want to kill everything they see

as for the bad language.. lol.
    everyone cusses and even when words are censored people filter dodge it's literally something your just gonna have to learn to deal with
    besides younger children shouldn't be playing games liek this anyways
    they should be focusing on schoolwork and playing with friends
    i mean especially since your playing on sanctuary
    you haven't read the people offering one night stands and all that ****?
    lol

it makes me laugh
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Kill stealing will never be slightly punishable, let alone bannable. Unless something changes.. At which point a whole lot of players are suddenly gonna be wondering when they signed up to be a deckhand on the SS BunnyHugger straight out of New Carebearsville.

It's only KSing. KS them back, or find a different spot.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Walkingeagle - Sanctuary
    Walkingeagle - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Either of these in this game is wrong. Some of you say get used to it or do the same back. Oh what a world this would be if everyone did that...ooops, they do. Maybe thats why there is so much worng with the real world. It states in the rules of this game (which you should have read before installing) that such conduct is not allowed. People shouldn't have to get used to it or stoop to the offenders level. This game is supposed to be family friendly not rated X. By letting people get away with it your just condoning thier actions and are just as guilty. My daughter (an adult) is continually ks'ed, cursed at, and then followed when she asks them to stop (because she is a cleric and easy to ks). I hope they remember her when they need a heal or a rez!
  • Girofalcon - Sanctuary
    Girofalcon - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yeah, mostly in games like Maplestory and WoW. It gets annoying.
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hey Solbrio, I'm a little curious. What was the name of the other game where KSing and vulgar language are reportable offenses?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Those who condone it and say get over it are usually the ones that do it. They see nothing wrong with finding their way around chat filters or ks'ing. They dont understand that ks'ing means stealing (which is definatly wrong), and Not All Adults and/or Teenagers Use Foul Language. They don't care if you enjoy the game. They have fun trying to ruin your game. Funny how the games always end up like the real world, with a lot of jerks that think only of themselves and dont care who they trample on.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hey Solbrio, I'm a little curious. What was the name of the other game where KSing and vulgar language are reportable offenses?

I don't know what game shes talking aout, but they are reportable in Fiesta. For cursing and other serious offences they can be banned if a screenshot proves it. A screensot proving ks'ing (ie.. a conversation proving it), they can be imprisoned for a set amount of hours and repeat offender can be banned. I think this game needs a prison.
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I think if people like to use bad language then do it squad talk but not world/area chat. For that reason maybe you should set your chat to squad or faction chat.
    I think ks and the conduct described towards your cleric daughter is very rare in my experience. Personally if a lot of people are trying to kill the same mob I usually try to squad with them...that usually works. Rude and ignorant people are different I know but I dont think there are too many of them.
  • Palatari - Sanctuary
    Palatari - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Either of these in this game is wrong. Some of you say get used to it or do the same back. Oh what a world this would be if everyone did that...ooops, they do. Maybe thats why there is so much worng with the real world. It states in the rules of this game (which you should have read before installing) that such conduct is not allowed. People shouldn't have to get used to it or stoop to the offenders level. This game is supposed to be family friendly not rated X. By letting people get away with it your just condoning thier actions and are just as guilty. My daughter (an adult) is continually ks'ed, cursed at, and then followed when she asks them to stop (because she is a cleric and easy to ks). I hope they remember her when they need a heal or a rez!

I could not have said it better myself - As for the Cleric thing *points at self* I am helpful and rez and heal and buff folk lower lvl than I. But if i need the favor returned sometimes its extremely difficult to find others as generous. I've found this to be the norm in mmo's unfortunately. Sad though it is.