Petition for charm packs and Info on why they are gone

Options

Comments

• shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm not prepared to go that far. I have received a seemingly sincere response from aryannamage, a moderator. Unfortunately, it would appear that she too is treated as a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed ****). It may well be that there are only a few higher company individuals who truly know what is happening and they are shielded behind a staff they prefer to keep ignorant. Some companies are deliberately structured this way. Chances are most of the GMs and moderators are good people put in difficult positions. My point is not that we badger them so severely that they find some cause to ban anyone. We are entitled to ask legitimate questions about in-game issues. The supposedly temporary removal of charm packs is a real technical issue deserving a GMs response and since none has yet been given it is totally legitimate to ask. By having many ask we stand a chance of sending a message to the sheltered big-wigs that it is in their best interest to offer more complete and honest information.

Hello,

This is not the case. What you guys need to realize is we are a company and certain things cannot be announced to the public until a certain time. In regards to the Charm Pack, this is an issue that we cannot make a public statement on at this time. That is why we have informed you all to stay tuned and when we have an update that we can inform the community with, we will do so. I understand that this also sounds like a run-around for the issue and doesn't get anyone anywhere but understand that we have given the community the information that we can at this time. The very moment we have an answer for you all, you will get that answer, until then, we just ask that you all just stay tuned.

P.S. We are fully aware of the outcry in regards to the charm packs and the pleas are not being ignored, we just cannot give any official statement at this exact moment.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Can you give us an estimation on when that might be?
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the answer. Of course we will feel more satisfied when the packs are restored but I for one feel my patience restored. Now was that so hard? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I see the charm packs are still absent from the boutique despite an update that includes a sale on orbs. As a programmer I know there are no technical glitches so severe that the packs could not have been replaced or recreated by now. It is insultingly clear that we have been conned, flimflammed, double dealt, duped... you choose...
    Patience and restraint have lost their value. It is now time to call for the harassment of GMs in game. Whenever you see a GM, whisper him, waste his time, force him to give you an explanation for the packs deletion. If they do post it here please. If they shrug you off with a curt answer then keep pestering. Post the names of GMs here so we can all whisper them. Send his name to your friends and have them whisper him too. If PWi has decided that deceit is their marketing tool than we must make it economically prudent for them to come clean. Boycott and flames have had no effect. Lets step it up.

One in game GM told a friend that the charm packs will not be back. Don't know if this is true. Can't trust them any more than the official announcements here.

PS. Sorry Moderator if this sounds threatening but please understand our position.

Issuing you a warning - your account is being placed on 'watch' status.

Publicly orchestrating GM harassment on our boards is something that we do not take lightly.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm not prepared to go that far... a moderator.

I don't count Moderators as part of the company as they are not on company payroll. Like pretty much every other bulletin board out there, Moderators are volunteers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    1- does it not say so... somewhere.. that the forums are NOT the place to petition for things like this? any time any other similar issue surfaces the answer is always "submit a ticket," so maybe we should be doing that instead? i say this because it has been mentioned several times that the people who actually DO things for/about the game do not read the forums and are not told about what goes on here.

2- mods only have power on the forum.

3- to the GMs... stop acting like this is watergate or something like it.. it's not. "we can't make an official/public statement at this time"... are you kidding me? if there's a glitch in the programming that's causing this then say so. if you're working on bringing them back then say so. if you're not then say so. there is absolutely no reason for all the secrecy... you're not CIA, you're PWI.
  • shnuggles
    edited January 2009
    Options

3- to the GMs... stop acting like this is watergate or something like it.. it's not. "we can't make an official/public statement at this time"... are you kidding me? if there's a glitch in the programming that's causing this then say so. if you're working on bringing them back then say so. if you're not then say so. there is absolutely no reason for all the secrecy... you're not CIA, you're PWI.

You are right, we are not the CIA or secret service but as I explained, we are a company. There will be information that cannot be given to the public for one reason or another and I know this is not the answer you want. All I can say to you is in regards to the boutique, special sales, and special items, we will not always be able to give you an exact answer to your questions and we will do our best to answer any question that comes up. Just do not get angry when we basically have to tell you that we cannot answer a certain question. So again, in regards to the charm packs that everyone loves, please stay tuned, you never know if we will implement them again, just consider them gone for this moment. (I know people will hate me for this b:surrender)
    [PWE Billing]

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    could you at least say if you are working to bring them back or just scratching them entirely... 2 patches ago it said details were being worked out.. no mention of them at all in the last patch notes

surely this isn't company sensitive information.. a "yes we are working on them" or "no we aren't" contains nothing the company can be harmed with by releasing

of course we are considering them gone for this moment.. i can easily tell that by looking at the boutique.. but should we be considering them gone forever

also the latest patch says the refining materials are permanently reduced in price.. can we expect this to be an actual permanent addition or are you going to be editing those patch notes in a couple months too
  • shnuggles
    edited January 2009
    Options
    could you at least say if you are working to bring them back or just scratching them entirely... 2 patches ago it said details were being worked out.. no mention of them at all in the last patch notes

The charm packs have not been completely removed from the boutique. This is why we are saying to stay tuned b:pleased. There is no solid date on if or when they will come back but at this moment, they will be unavailable. That is all the information we can give at this time on the packs and I do apologize that we cannot tell you all more. Just know that we understand all of your concerns in regards to this issue and the statements have not been ignored.

The refining materials have kept their discounted rate as we have said.
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cya Gm's me and my family are having too much fun being multi milionares in this other game calld -Edited-.Ive spent less then 400 bucks in the 2 weeks ive been gone from this game and Edited is sooo much cheaper to have fun with the whole family.

Yall took too long.Have a nice game life.Pwi
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cya Gm's me and my family are having too much fun being multi milionares in this other game calld -Edited-.Ive spent less then 400 bucks in the 2 weeks ive been gone from this game and Edited is sooo much cheaper to have fun with the whole family.

That almost sound like "hey pwi i got money u didnt hear me so I'm leaving ta-da!" they arent going to bother with you anymore.

Hilarious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Too bad no one cared about you here in the first place. Just leave and shutup.

Fool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I am very disappointed to say the least I have STILL not gotten a reply from Xarfox about this that makes any sense. I am going to see if they put the charm packs back in tonight after the maintenence. If they dont I will encourage ALL people who feel as I do to LEAVE PWI for the game Edited. I cannot stand being lied to. I have worked hard to get to level 81 and I refuse to buy any more cash shop items. I wont even go into how much money I have spent in the cash shop. I dont mind supporting a game if it is a good one. At this point I do not think PW is a good one. Bring back the charm packs or I WILL go to Edited permanently. BTW yes I run WiccanWay guild all 140+ members and I will encourage each and everyone of them to leave PW if this does not get fixed.

I am VERY UPSET that WE WERE LIED TO!
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Perhaps YOU LIKE BEING LIED TO but I dont! Dont tell me to shut up! I have every right to call a spade a spade if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend it is 1960 you go right ahead, but I will not.

I have EVERY RIGHT to be DISSATISFIED.

And you lead a faction? b:shocked

Good work. I'm sure your threats will scare PWI into positive action. b:chuckle

I could also exercise my right to call a spade a spade but I shall refrain as I don't wish to be rude to you. b:laugh
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cya Gm's me and my family are having too much fun being multi milionares in this other game calld ... is sooo much cheaper to have fun with the whole family.

My initial response was gonna be "Don't let the door **** hit ya where the good Lord split ya." but then I did some research of your recent forum posts and I found them to not be flames as I had assumed, but fair and interesting. I guess you will probably be missed by a few friends in game.
    Still, I don't agree with your actions or this post. It smacks of the same childish behavior you so revile in your post about good/evil. Take a step back and look at the issues PWi may be dealing with. For all we know the charm packs were causing a serious power/finance imbalance that had not been foreseen. I too wish we had been better informed and have strongly expressed this. However, the Admins did respond to my posts and that is sufficient (though it did get me a warning). I didn't get the response we all would have liked but any response is a sign of respect that deserves our patience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cool, so the GMs cant give us a legitimate reason for why they wont bring the packs back besides that they like seeing us pay more money for virtual objects.

Cool kids.

Cooler than the GM who asked if Harpy Wraith was in 79fb.
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Question: why does everyone assume the GM's have *any* control over the coding of the game? The admins and GM's of PWI likely have ZERO control over this issue, if it's like any other asian MMO that is released on an international scale.

A GM is a Game Master, someone who knows the rules, and can dole out punishment. An admin is just that, an admin. Any GM/Admin can feel free to correct me, but I'd be surprised, VERY surprised, if any of them had access to any code in the game.

Quit blaming them for god's sake, they had nothing to do with it. And if you're not going to play the game because:

1. You had to pay x dollars for Heiros in the past.
    2. Then you got to pay x*.75 for Heiros
    3. Then the price of heiros went back to x

You have the worst case of "sour grapes" I've ever seen. Oh no, prices went back to normal! Oh god, they said permanent and it wasn't!!

QQ
    QQ
    QQ

Maybe this was written by an English Moderator who didn't understand perfectly the translation he was sent, such as

"This is a permanent addition for the month of December"

or something similar. All this attacking of PWI is likely not even SEEN by anyone who can effect real change. Be more positive, and your GM/admins will be more likely to help with other issues. ***** about things they have no control over, and were merely EXTRAS to begin with, and you're further alienating a fairly alienated staff already.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Question: why does everyone assume the GM's have *any* control over the coding of the game? The admins and GM's of PWI likely have ZERO control over this issue, if it's like any other asian MMO that is released on an international scale.

A GM is a Game Master, someone who knows the rules, and can dole out punishment. An admin is just that, an admin. Any GM/Admin can feel free to correct me, but I'd be surprised, VERY surprised, if any of them had access to any code in the game.

Quit blaming them for god's sake, they had nothing to do with it. And if you're not going to play the game because:

1. You had to pay x dollars for Heiros in the past.
    2. Then you got to pay x*.75 for Heiros
    3. Then the price of heiros went back to x

You have the worst case of "sour grapes" I've ever seen. Oh no, prices went back to normal! Oh god, they said permanent and it wasn't!!

QQ
    QQ
    QQ

Maybe this was written by an English Moderator who didn't understand perfectly the translation he was sent, such as

"This is a permanent addition for the month of December"

or something similar. All this attacking of PWI is likely not even SEEN by anyone who can effect real change. Be more positive, and your GM/admins will be more likely to help with other issues. ***** about things they have no control over, and were merely EXTRAS to begin with, and you're further alienating a fairly alienated staff already.

Can you stop posting?

Thanks.
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Can you stop posting?

Thanks.

Are facts and logic not welcome on these boards? If so, I'll gladly stop posting. I know most people would rather complain than work towards something productive, but hey, a guy can dream, right?
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The coders don't call the shots. If they do, then PWE has a horrible business structure. For cash shop things (iow - anything that makes them money), management would call the shots. You are right that it may not be the GMs, but we (the players) don't have any direct contact to anyone in upper management (as far as we know), and must therefore vent our concerns through GMs, who are responsible for direct communication. This also means that in our quest for information, the GMs would need to respond with upper management's explanation.

Basically, we're bitching at whoever will listen and give us a reason for this change. PWE management removed the charm packs with no explanation after PWE management originally said they were permanent. The coders, GMs, and admins are all doing whatever management tells them to do, and they are all responsible, as a whole.
  • Ichabob - Lost City
    Ichabob - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm thinking that the charm packs were meant to be permanent but due to some unknown thing it had to be taken out. However the price isn't any higher than what it was before so I don't really feel like we have a reason to complain. If you really dislike them taking charm packs out so much if you save your zen I'm sure they'll come out with it fairly soon again.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    if the charm packs were causing some sort of problem and that's why they were removed then wouldn't the existing ones in the game also need to be removed?

and then there was this.. which people seem to have overlooked..
    shnuggles wrote: »
    So again, in regards to the charm packs that everyone loves, please stay tuned, you never know if we will implement them again, just consider them gone for this moment. (I know people will hate me for this b:surrender)

so basically they were deliberately removed with no intention of bringing them back, but for some reason, possibly the reaction, whoever decides these things may change their mind and give us this back, if not something simialr.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If I had to take a guess, the whole reason for removal is that Charms are no doubt one of the best money makers for PWI. Going from, what was it, 4g each to 3g each (I can't recall) would have lost them quite a lot of $.

If this is the case I just wish they would tell us (or the GMs given the green light to tell us.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i think it was like a.. buy 4 get one free thing.
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The coders don't call the shots. If they do, then PWE has a horrible business structure. For cash shop things (iow - anything that makes them money), management would call the shots. You are right that it may not be the GMs, but we (the players) don't have any direct contact to anyone in upper management (as far as we know), and must therefore vent our concerns through GMs, who are responsible for direct communication. This also means that in our quest for information, the GMs would need to respond with upper management's explanation.

Well, the translation issues still remain of course, and while management (in a perfect world ;p) *should* control this issue, I recall someone saying it had to do with the Christmas event or something. Now, I have no idea how everything is coded, but if it *is* a coding issue, it would need to be fixed by coders, and not management. It's likely that, since the game has been out for some time, they only one, maybe 2 coders working right now. He's most likely swamped with other bug reports, and while he does have to respond to management's concerns, we have no way of knowing how complex an issue this is.

Finally, in regards to economics, I severely, *severely* doubt they did this to make more money, as far as I can tell they will be *losing* money over this. Any number of explanations can be had by all, of course. The best thing to do, is:

1. Do a petition, just sign it with player's name and server played on
    2. DO NOT COMPLAIN OR PLACE BLAME OR SAY THEY ARE GREEDY. (Anyone reading this will just get more angry, and less likely to fix something...)
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Coders always call the shots, in any competent company. Otherwise we'd be working on CinemaOS, where the most relevant answer is always the first result to a question on Google, all programs run perfectly regardless of hardware, and probably default to a stupidly large font. It's not that coders are particularly good at making decisions -- we're notoriously bad at it -- but coders know what can and can't be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anatah - Lost City
    Anatah - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I was really sad to see them go and had no clue they were being removed until after the fact. b:sad

I know many people including myself that would love to see them brought back into the shop.. so if this is the petition.. count me in.
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    One more vote for gold charm packs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    do they have a customer service phone number? i think it might be fun to call and ask the receptionist questions they won't know the answer to lol
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sheesh, I want the charm packs back too, but I'm willing to wait until summer for this. I'm moving out of the USA once it does, and the gold will cost more to me once I'm there. I do not plan on buying much gold there, therefore I don't plan on buying charms if they cost so much. Please bring back the charm packs before the seasons change! b:victory
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    umm this is to all the people flaming the moderators and gms about the announcement i just wanted to point this out did you ever think that when the people who put up the announcements were told it was a permenant item that they meant that the item is in your inventory permanently (or in this case till used up). I mean that could be why they went and edited the post. Also why did you bother creating a whole new thread when there is another exact one like this?