Help me please xD.

Options
lunaveil
lunaveil Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Soo... Saw an ad for this game on one of my many websites I goto and thought Id give it a try. After reading some of the guides (which are so loaded with detailed info) I got easily confused :[. b:shocked

Could any pros around these parts currently logged on tell me a decent way to build a caster type Venomancer (thats what looked interesting to me.) gears, skill progression, stat progression, decent leveling spots etc. Id greatly appreciate some showing of the ropes because none of this makes sense to me *bricked*b:shutup

Also, which one of the servers is best to play on too?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP. b:dirty
-Lenn
Post edited by lunaveil on

Comments

• Anomiee - Heavens Tear
    Anomiee - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Welcome to the game!

There should a few good guides on all that in the Venomancer section of the forums. Here a link to their stickied guide: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4261 . More people will probably soon post links to their preferred guides as well.

Don't worry about not grasping everything right now. You'll learn as you play. The veno class was my first class as well, and it helped me pick up the game quickly. :)

As for the servers, there 3. Pick according to your play style.
    Lost City: The PvP server.
    Heavens Tear: The first PvE server.
    Sanctuary: The second PvE server.
    ♠ Anomiee .:. Archer 3x .:. Heavens Tear
    ♠ Dollet .:. Cleric 2x .:. Sanctuary
    ♠ Oerba .:. Werefox 4x .:. Sanctuary
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yes good choice to start and half the fun of PW is finding out all the little secrets.
    You have 8 character slots so experiment with the characters and you will find out which on you like.
    One warning though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS GAME IS ADDICTIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Just check the venomancer section for all of your build questions..

Just to clarify between the different servers and PvP/PvE (I didn't get it when I first started). Basically PvP just means that you are white named (able to be attacked) after level 30.. and you can't turn it off. PvE is just where you can choose if you want to be white named or not. Sometimes it gets really annoying on Lost City when you are questing and a high level comes lowbie hunting and keeps killing you for no reason... but its nice to be able to kill people that annoy you, or just the added dimension to the game. Keeps you on your toes :P Just a personal preference for the server :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Palatari - Sanctuary
    Palatari - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    but its nice to be able to kill people that annoy you...

*grins* I dunno why but that sounded delightfully satisfying ! I can think of a few people I'd like to 'get at' in game