Lost City FAC Question

Divnorum - Lost City
Divnorum - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Cleric
After looking at some of the FAC chatter (flames) in the Cleric section, and seeing where some people were talking about guilds and teams kicking any FACs they see, I was wondering...

Perhaps there should be a FAC/HC guild, at least on Lost City. A place for all us metal mages to come together, prove our mettle/metal (sorry, bad pun), and possibly carve out a section of the map for ourselves.

I would have put this in the Faction section of the forum, but it really applies more to clerics than "general factioning", and I wanted to make sure that clerics saw it. I wouldn't have any problem with the faction spanning multiple servers, but I'm really looking for something in Lost City, as much of the flaming of FAC's comes from that area.

If I'm way out of line, let me know. Also, if something like this exists (though I've not seen nor heard of it), please inform me.

I don't want this to turn into a huge flame-war, I'd rather save that for in-game, but rather a place for discussion and suggestions.

P.S. Just think of the great names we could have. Clerical Errors, Glass Cannoniers, any metal joke you could think of (including Metalocalypse or any variation thereof).
"cleric is <(^.^)> wizard is ('.'(_o_)" - Mysticlifex
Post edited by Divnorum - Lost City on

Comments

• Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A guild without a balanced core won't get anywhere in TW. Don't pick out your own "corner of the map" until you have a few 9x werebeasts, support clerics, not to mention pheonixes.

Though, sure, if you just wanna run around and have fun being little metal mages, that's your own thing. I almost feel bad for FACs with all the **** they get for their builds. I'm a support cleric myself, but FAC doesn't seem so insanely bad as some people make it to be.
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Why would anyone do that? That's worse than a full guild of archers...
    You would lose every TW you enter b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Divnorum - Lost City
    Divnorum - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Why would anyone do that? That's worse than a full guild of archers...
    You would lose every TW you enter b:chuckle

My bad. I figured I was playing the game to have fun with like-minded people. I never realized that it was better to play alone with an ostracized class than to get together with people that share the same experiences and try something daring and bold that might not have been tried before.

Thank you for correcting me, oh Shooter of Catz.
    "cleric is <(^.^)> wizard is ('.'(_o_)" - Mysticlifex
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    FACs are far from ostracized. Most people don
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My bad. I figured I was playing the game to have fun with like-minded people. I never realized that it was better to play alone with an ostracized class than to get together with people that share the same experiences and try something daring and bold that might not have been tried before.

Thank you for correcting me, oh Shooter of Catz.

Only problem here is that you don't need to take over land. Let the guilds fight amongst themselves while we train and play how we want. (Which seems to be a problem with other people)

I would join, I expect a lot of people to come after us in PvP though Dx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary
    AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had been thinking of a Cleric-only guild a while back but it sounds like it would be quite difficult; perhaps if instead of only FAC/HC it would include SC, too, even while a Hybrid can take the support role I've found most teams work better with a Team Mom going around taking care of everyone, even so, I'd join but I'm in a different server.

P.S. Darknin, your Aniello is so frigging cute he'll make me start giggling like a schoolgirl on crack.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    P.S. Darknin, your Aniello is so frigging cute he'll make me start giggling like a schoolgirl on crack.

Lmao, thanks (I guess)...

I spent a lot of time making him look good Dx

P.S
    I don't know whether to be scared that your willing to start giggling like a school girl on crack or the fact that you think my character is cuteb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary
    AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Probably both, but I said it mainly because I have a hard time making my clerics looks good, since they're always looking up in Character creation they tend to look weird in the portrait or some angles. (ex. Alan's cheeks look odd in his portrait and I had to edit my Sammaniel many times for similar reasons, and I later noticed that her mouth was too wide and the nose too thin)
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Probably both, but I said it mainly because I have a hard time making my clerics looks good, since they're always looking up in Character creation they tend to look weird in the portrait or some angles. (ex. Alan's cheeks look odd in his portrait and I had to edit my Sammaniel many times for similar reasons, and I later noticed that her mouth was too wide and the nose too thin)

Take a picture, minimize the client or go on another computer, post it on the forum and ask what people would do to make it look better.

Problem solvedb:victory I typically have the same look for my guys, Emo hair and a cute face, soft eyes.

Then my girls look all anime-ish ~sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear
    ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It sounds like it would make for an interesting war. I wouldn't participate myself since I have very bad experiences with PK servers so I avoid them at all costs (I couldn't get past level 15 on one because a high level guild decided they'd "guard" the safe zones and PK everyone that left). I presume TW in this case would come down to try to nuke them before they can get to you.

If the clerics win: Lawl
    If the clerics lose: Lawl

Seems like it would be fun either way.