Dex:21

currently lvl 20

i was wondering how should i go about leveling from here
Post edited by matt21 on

Comments

• DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Probably not going to make a whole lotta difference at this point. Your damage is kinda nerfed, but from my experience as a pure mage I usually end up with a tiny bit of life left on the mobs that require 1 more gush or whatnot, so in terms of total castes it's probably the same.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well.. you went wrong with your stats somewhere along the line.

The best thing to do is decide beforehand which armour you want to use. Robes, light or heavy. Each have their owns pros and cons. But your current stats aren't right for anything in specific.

I'd suggest reading up on the different builds, then planning what you're gonna do, and then either remaking your toon, or restat.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would say, Start over.
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »

The best thing to do is decide beforehand which armour you want to use. Robes, light or heavy. Each have their owns pros and cons. But your current stats aren't right for anything in specific.

I'd suggest reading up on the different builds, then planning what you're gonna do, and then either remaking your toon, or restat.

Actually, it's probably best just to stick with robes. The reason is because you can always just add str and dex if you want to switch to LA - you can't easily take out str and dex if you decide you don't want to be LA anymore.

You're also still going to get reamed by monsters even if you do have LA at lower levels and Earth Barrier isn't even at 100% Phys Def bonus, and all the while you have less mana, less damage, and slower mana regen.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    matt21 wrote: »
    my stats are
    Vit:21
    str:20
    Mag:55
    Dex:21

currently lvl 20

i was wondering how should i go about leveling from here

um...for my kinda build ( pure) u screwed up... for me its like 3 vit (10 with armor) 5 dex...32 str..and about 300 mag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »

um..a heavy mage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $ian - Lost City
    $ian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    um..a heavy mage?

Yeah, heavy mage. I don't think there are any Heavy Mage on this server, but I know that on MY there were a few. The worst build you could use as a Wizard in my opinion.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have this idea bbut its just an idea though us to get 2 armors each for each situation like heavy 30 lvls below you mixed with earth shield to pk barbs and BMs and archers other go arcane robe so you think its a good idea cuz I think its not though.
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, heavy mage. I don't think there are any Heavy Mage on this server, but I know that on MY there were a few. The worst build you could use as a Wizard in my opinion.

Ghosty, Level 72 Heavy wizard. (Trust me hes sex)
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sure, 100% on pdef is awesome but what happens when Ghosty gets hit by matk? Does the heavy mage get blessed by awesome HP as well? Does the lower matk and mana pool of the heavy mage allow it to be a good damage dealer? With so much advice going against the heavy mage type it would be interesting to hear the views and experiences of an actual heavy mage player at that level.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thats the thing I meant to have both armor sets in your inventory and the heavy one would be like 30 lvls below the 100% buff will shoot its lvl to be an equal of a lvl near you and when you go against matk mobs just put the arcane rob on.
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • cruiserrr
    cruiserrr Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Go full arcane, simply the best way to go, later on try to use a reset scroll to reset ur dex and vit down to 1, and simply add points into your mag and keep your strength balanced 1 every 2 levels.