Umm choices choices . . .

bolvork
bolvork Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Hello folks, I am reading up on the game as much as possible as I download it. I see there is several servers to play on, one of which is a PVP one even. I guess my question is, is there any difference in servers beyond the obvious pve/pvp? Is one more populated than another? Also being a veteran of EQ2 for about 5 years now, and having played pretty much every class there in that game. What class would be recommended for me to play first? Also do I get to make more than one toon, that I can rotate back and forth on, if I want?

The game looks great, and cant wait to start playing. b:victory
IGN: Slitt
Post edited by bolvork on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    only difference on the pvp and pve servers is that pvp is more challenging considering you can not get out of pvp mode when you hit 30, but pve lets you switch from pvp and pve whenever you want once you hit 30.

i recommend you play a venomancer first as they are the easiest to lvl and you get a pet.

yes and yes.
    Back.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    PvP server is less crowded. PvE server is more carebares and QQ'ers, both have drama.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolvork
    edited January 2009
    Cool thank you! I have a 80 Necro on EQ2 so being a Veno will be somewhat similar I guess. Also was interested in being a Tank and or a Healer too. Is either of the PVE servers looked upon as being better to play on than the other?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    As far as servers population goes, Heaven's Tear si probably the more populated, followed closely by Sanctuary, and Lost City being the least populated.

Sanctuary opened 3 weeks later than Heavens' Tear, so the average level there is a bit lower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • bolvork
    edited January 2009
    Okies to a PVE server I go I guess. Thanks so much for the good info. I'm already getting a good feeling about this game. =)
  • Warmaiden - Lost City
    Warmaiden - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you are looking to be a tanker or healer, barbarians and clerics would be good choices for you.

If you like to level up and watching your back at the same time, Lost City is your server of choice.
  • bolvork
    edited January 2009
    Is it possible to dual box also in this game? Like duo a Tank and a Cleric? With 2 accounts.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Only if they are on different computers.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    bolvork wrote: »
    Is it possible to dual box also in this game? Like duo a Tank and a Cleric? With 2 accounts.

and 2 computers, yes.
    on the same machine, it is against the ToS.
    but let me tel lyou now.
    Blademaster + Cleric = Venomacer and pet
    Back.
  • bolvork
    edited January 2009
    Bah ok, I got a monster of a PC, usually I 2-box with 2 monitors hooked up on the same PC.
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Having 2 clients running on the same PC at the same time is a bannable offense...
  • bolvork
    edited January 2009
    So Im told.

Won't be doing it here I guess, lol.
  • lashes
    lashes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Blademaster + Cleric = Venomacer and pet

Not quite.

A Blademaster is, by and of themselves, leaps and bounds much better than a pet and a cleric, in and of themselves, is leaps and bounds much better than a Veno.

Lets not exagerate.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lashes wrote: »
    Not quite.

A Blademaster is, by and of themselves, leaps and bounds much better than a pet and a cleric, in and of themselves, is leaps and bounds much better than a Veno.

Lets not exagerate.

You say lets not exaggerate, just after you do exactly that. b:chuckle

Veno + Hercules. Solo aoe pretty much anything (I've had 15 level 79 monsters on my pet at once and aoed them all solo) tank pretty much anything (solo TT squad runs for an example). No hp charm needed, no mp charm needed.

Thats what a solo veno can do. We are known as the solo class in the game anyway so you'd expect that. Now provide your evidence to what a blademaster can do.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • lashes
    edited January 2009
    You say lets not exaggerate, just after you do exactly that. b:chuckle

Veno + Hercules. Solo aoe pretty much anything (I've had 15 level 79 monsters on my pet at once and aoed them all solo) tank pretty much anything (solo TT squad runs for an example). No hp charm needed, no mp charm needed.

Thats what a solo veno can do. We are known as the solo class in the game anyway so you'd expect that. Now provide your evidence to what a blademaster can do.

Still, are you saying that a Veno, in and of themselves without a pet, are better than a Cleric?

And are you saying that a pet, in and of themselves, are better than a Blademaster?

I hope not! Because that would make you ill informed.

Many make Veno's to be more than they are. In PvP, all you have to do is go after the Veno and game over. In PvE, if the mob goes after the Veno, game over. Blademasters with a charm, or any other class with a charm for that matter, can and more often than not do, annihilate any Veno and their pet, even with a charm.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In PvP, all you have to do is go after the Veno and game over. In PvE, if the mob goes after the Veno, game over. Blademasters with a charm, or any other class with a charm for that matter, would annihilate any Veno and their pet, even with a charm.

Gotta disagree with you there. No, a veno's pet by itself is not in any way stronger than a blademaster. A veno by itself is (most times) not as effective as a cleric. Hence the pet and the veno together.

As for your other presumptions, you're not correct lol. In PvE I find myself more than able to take enough hits to down the mob before dying, provided I don't behave like an idiot and try to spam venomous scarab at it until I let it kill me. As far as PvP goes, by all means, rush me. If you choose to bypass the pet and aim for me, the veno has plenty of skills at their disposal to allow a strong pvp pet to down a BM before dying. Soul Transfusion, Metabolic Boost, not to mention every physical class's suicide bramble hood. PK works differently a lot of course, especially with a gank and a 10-30 level difference lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • lashes
    edited January 2009
    Gotta disagree with you there. No, a veno's pet by itself is not in any way stronger than a blademaster. A veno by itself is (most times) not as effective as a cleric. Hence the pet and the veno together.

How are you disagreeing with me, when you are repeating the exact same thing I said?
    As for your other presumptions, you're not correct lol. In PvE I find myself more than able to take enough hits to down the mob before dying, provided I don't behave like an idiot and try to spam venomous scarab at it until I let it kill me. As far as PvP goes, by all means, rush me. If you choose to bypass the pet and aim for me, the veno has plenty of skills at their disposal to allow a strong pvp pet to down a BM before dying. Soul Transfusion, Metabolic Boost, not to mention every physical class's suicide bramble hood. PK works differently a lot of course, especially with a gank and a 10-30 level difference lol.

Your opinion. And your entitled to it.

I've no doubt that in PvP, many Blademasters, or many of any other class would disagree and offer their own opinions.

I've seen many Blademasters, and other classes, but mostly Blademasters, totally annihilate Veno's. Of even higer level. But I also understand that this depends on how good the player is.

Anyways, this is nothing new. All pet classes of any MMORPG have always performed in this manner. It is known as the advantages and disadvantages of the pet class.

It is what it is, but it isn't anything new.

Those that know the game, know the deal.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lashes wrote: »
    How are you disagreeing with me, when you are repeating the exact same thing I said?

Your opinion. And your entitled to it.

I've no doubt that in PvP, many Blademasters, or many of any other class would disagree and offer their own opinions.

I've seen many Blademasters, and other classes, but mostly Blademasters, totally annihilate Veno's. Of even higer level. But I also understand that this depends on how good the player is.

Anyways, this is nothing new. All pet classes of any MMORPG have always performed in this manner. It is known as the advantages and disadvantages of the pet class.

It is what it is, but it isn't anything new.

Those that know the game, know the deal.

PvP always has these arguments, and don't take what I said the wrong way and think that I'm saying veno's are the best flat out, because they aren't always the best. But I certainly have to say it's hardly as cut and dry as this:
    In PvE, if the mob goes after the Veno, game over. Blademasters with a charm, or any other class with a charm for that matter, would annihilate any Veno and their pet, even with a charm.

I would pay money to bet that not a single class in this game is as narrow and limited as they are made out to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • lashes
    edited January 2009
    PvP always has these arguments, and don't take what I said the wrong way and think that I'm saying veno's are the best flat out, because they aren't always the best. But I certainly have to say it's hardly as cut and dry as this:

I would pay money to bet that not a single class in this game is as narrow and limited as they are made out to be.

We both agree on that account.

It's nice to have a pet to tank for you during PvE against NPC monsters, but in PvP mode against other skillfully intelligent players, that advantage is gone. At the end of the day, in PvP mode against real players, player skill wins out 99% of the time, regardless of class. And trust me when I tell you, in this context, Veno's are disadvantaged.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My phoenix says hi, so does bramble to your blademaster. b:bye
  • Allerick - Heavens Tear
    Allerick - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Umm so, have we decided yet, what is the best duo? I have a friend coming to PW from EQ2 and we were wondering what would make the best combo here?

After reading all this before my post, it seems there is no clear cut ultimate duo pplz agree on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]