Name Change Scroll

LllMaevelll - Heavens Tear
LllMaevelll - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Is there such thing are a name change scroll???
Post edited by LllMaevelll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Currently there is not, but I was also thinking that they should add something like that to the CS (there are makeover scrolls / pet naming scrolls after all). And while we're on that topic, open up the names of deleted chars!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • BKcHatrred - Sanctuary
    BKcHatrred - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    they don't have, and will not have.
  • endless013
    endless013 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I hope they come out with name change scrolls, at least a limited time offer in the shop or an event like those high exp snowmen or something. At the very least they could give the abuility to change names to the GM's so those of us that do want a new name could request one.
    GoDieNow, Reaper (bloodwind) lvl90
    GoDiePlz, Demon (hellfire) lvl90
  • Evilixx - Heavens Tear
    Evilixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just make a new toon.
  • Gothamknight - Heavens Tear
    Gothamknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just make a new toon.

If you have for example a level 90 character, it's as easy as it sounds
  • Nalle - Lost City
    Nalle - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't make char name change scrolls, you should've think of your char name before you make it you know
    Zelex - Lvl 73 Blademaster
    Nalle - Lvl 73 Wizard
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    And while we're on that topic, open up the names of deleted chars!

Agreed

10chars.
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    And while we're on that topic, open up the names of deleted chars!

No, because that also opens up the bazillion some alterations of TOS name violations (racist, swears, etc).
    edited February 2009
    No, because that also opens up the bazillion some alterations of TOS name violations (racist, swears, etc).

There are those of us who remade our characters, and wanted our original names though. b:surrender
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Should have deleted the char, then I belive that name gets deleted off the database and you can use it again. You have to wait 7 days though.
    edited February 2009
    Did delete the char, did wait 7 days. Invalid name/name taken message. It's happened a few times, not just one instance, so it wasnt an "unlucky namesteal" by some other anonymous player. The name is just not useable after its deleted. b:sad
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I believe (looking through the patch notes before), that deleted name restoration was added after release - so if you made a character and deleted it before they did this, the name is (and will still be) unuseable. Now though, if you delete your character, you can make a new one with the same name, I believe.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I believe (looking through the patch notes before), that deleted name restoration was added after release - so if you made a character and deleted it before they did this, the name is (and will still be) unuseable. Now though, if you delete your character, you can make a new one with the same name, I believe.

This is correct, if your character was created before November 24th then you will not be able to reuse the name.

If you created your character after November 24th, and are still having trouble reclaiming a name after the character deletion process, then please submit a ticket at http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing and we'll look at the issue ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    This is correct, if your character was created before November 24th then you will not be able to reuse the name.

If you created your character after November 24th, and are still having trouble reclaiming a name after the character deletion process, then please submit a ticket at http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing and we'll look at the issue ASAP.

b:shedtear It was before.
  • Evilixx - Heavens Tear
    Evilixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If you have for example a level 90 character, it's as easy as it sounds

If you get to lvl 90 and it finally hits you you dont like the name, yea make a new toon. Would you eat 2000 lbs of chocolate only to realize at 2001 you dont like it?

Would you drive a chevy 100,000 miles only to realize at 100,001 you dont like chevy's?

Or would you wear a blue shirt for 5 years only to realize you dont like the color blue?