Pw....ftw!!

Strouds - Heavens Tear
Strouds - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
As I now have time to write something on the forums due to Perfect World's one worthwhile update in today's patch, I think I'll make my comments on it.

Once again the developers are trying to squeeze blood out of the turnip that is the perfect world community. Think about it honestly, the charm pack issue. Do they really hurt the developer's bank accounts that much? Almost every worthwhile item in the cash shop comes in single and bulk varieties, yet the charms only get them during special events? Your greed is going to cost you in the long run.

The developer's need to take a step back and look at why they came into this industry. Was it a get rich quick scheme? If it was then Congrats! You guys executed flawlessly. If it was to put out a worthwhile game that people enjoy, and dont mind spending their paychecks on, then you guys are losing that battle. Take it from someone who is entering the business himself, greed will eventually get you no where. Sure maybe not today and maybe not next week. (Examples...Microsoft's HDDVD, The Modern Day Economy, Enron, U.S. Paid Contractors, Communism...I could do this all day)

Honestly I challenge the developer's to look at their numbers. Compare your income to the amount of ACTIVE accounts, then take those numbers and compare them with your numbers at the release of PWI...PW-MY...Anytime for that matter. You'll notice a drop, and I don't expect anyone to admit it. Yet, you fail to do the things needed to fix that. Do us a favor and give us what we want for once, or lose your community slowly.

(Do not post about other games on these forums thank you)
Post edited by Strouds - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• lashes
    lashes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Huh? The game is free. I have yet to spend a dime and I am in level 40's.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lashes wrote: »

Up to 70+ you can make it without paying.
    after that you kinda need to use cashshop.

Of course, if you got a steady ingame income, you don't have to use irl money.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i dont use the cash shop at all actually, only time ive used the cash shop was back when i bought gold at 90k a piece in the early days of OB
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malklover
    malklover Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lashes wrote: »

Not to destroy illusions here but it aint free.
    I wonder how much longer it takes till people realise that "free to play" is nothing more than a marketing strategy, yes many people laugh or be offensive against people who use the chash shop excessively, why? because they havent noticed yet that those people are the ones who pay for THEIR accounts, without them the game wouldnt even exist.
    At least iam grateful there are those willing to pay.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you don't want to pay a cent, it's very possible. It's absolutely free.

Anyone who says otherwise has extremely poor money management skills... I'm guessing they're a bunch of 11 year olds who scrimp (halfassedly), and then blow all their money on the latest fashion, and then complain that they're poor and the game is impossible.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • BKcHatrred - Sanctuary
    BKcHatrred - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    That's what they likes to do... don't feel sad, all they know is money...this is just the beginning.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    As I now have time to write something on the forums due to Perfect World's one worthwhile update in today's patch, I think I'll make my comments on it.

Once again the developers are trying to squeeze blood out of the turnip that is the perfect world community. Think about it honestly, the charm pack issue. Do they really hurt the developer's bank accounts that much? Almost every worthwhile item in the cash shop comes in single and bulk varieties, yet the charms only get them during special events? Your greed is going to cost you in the long run.

The developer's need to take a step back and look at why they came into this industry. Was it a get rich quick scheme? If it was then Congrats! You guys executed flawlessly. If it was to put out a worthwhile game that people enjoy, and dont mind spending their paychecks on, then you guys are losing that battle. Take it from someone who is entering the business himself, greed will eventually get you no where. Sure maybe not today and maybe not next week. (Examples...Microsoft's HDDVD, The Modern Day Economy, Enron, U.S. Paid Contractors, Communism...I could do this all day)

Honestly I challenge the developer's to look at their numbers. Compare your income to the amount of ACTIVE accounts, then take those numbers and compare them with your numbers at the release of PWI...PW-MY...Anytime for that matter. You'll notice a drop, and I don't expect anyone to admit it. Yet, you fail to do the things needed to fix that. Do us a favor and give us what we want for once, or lose your community slowly.

(Do not post about other games on these forums thank you)

Please look before you accuse PWE of only wanting money. It is a false statement and I have provided you the statement made regarding this below.

Current status in regards to Charm Packs.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    ( ... ... ) and then blow all their money on the latest fashion, and then complain that they're poor and the game is impossible.

Hey don't attack the fashion :)
    I do blow my ingame coins on fashion, yet I have mounts, wings, charms, yellow weapons and whatnot. :)

Yay for clothes.
  • EvilKman - Lost City
    EvilKman - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    If you don't want to pay a cent, it's very possible. It's absolutely free.

Anyone who says otherwise has extremely poor money management skills... I'm guessing they're a bunch of 11 year olds who scrimp (halfassedly), and then blow all their money on the latest fashion, and then complain that they're poor and the game is impossible.

1. If you say that a group of people who think a certain way are very young, odds are, you are not much older yourself. (i'm guessing around the 15-19 year old range?)

2. Read the original posters post again. Does he sound like an 11 year old? Do 11 year olds keep up on the market? Do they know about companies like Enron?

3. Personally, I think Charms give players a HUGE advantage over players who don't use them. Specifically in pure PvP.

4. Look at both sides of the matter here. Yes the game is free. Players who have fat paychecks are way better off in the game than those who play for free. If you are a paying customer, if course you are going to tell others they don't have to pay for the game to play - this gives you an advantage over them, and they buy your cash shop items from you in merchant mode. Those who do not pay for this game, typically have less gold than those who do, since you need to buy your cash shop items from players using gold - giving them reason to complain.

5. In the end, you need to satisfy both sides of the problem here.

6. The game is new. The last game I played, I played as soon as beta came out - the cash shop was expensive. As the years passed, more cash shop items came out, and prices were lowered - this did ruin the game, however making it too easy to play and level up which wasn't fare for the veterans of the game who had to play harder to get where they stand.

7. Yes, if you compare PWI with PW-MY, the prices are way more expensive here. The price to get married is DOUBLED here in the International version. But again, this game is new, the MY version is not. Plus, the business market in the USA is different than other countries.

8. Keep complaining, problems wont get sorted unless people complain and describe their beliefs in the situation. b:mischievous
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ?? A lot of the first post made no sense.

1. I'm pretty sure that it is a company running this, not just a few developers. This means marketing, management, etc..

2. Just because it's convenient to have charm packs doesn't mean that they're required to give to you for cheaper all the time. Why do you feel entitled to these charm packs? What if they had never existed?

3. Yes. They came into this industry because they needed to make a living, and they liked programming. They have to run a business or they won't survive. Tough. You try running a game.

4. "Take it from someone who is entering the business himself". Um... if it were me, I would take it from the people who are already in the business, are successful, and have learned the hard lessons, not someone who sounds like they think they know it all without having fought the hard fight.

5. They need to consider game balance. If all of a sudden there were an item that cost $1 that gave you +100% dmg for an hour, then many would get it, but game balance would be totally ruined. This may be an extreme example, but only serves to highlight the point.

6. The fact that these are occassional sales, packages, which are not available always help people realize how much it is worth to them.

7. Try patience. Maybe they are releasing something better. Who knows.
  • Sanshiru - Lost City
    Sanshiru - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    --wrong thread--

ps: how can it be that i opened a thread and posted in there and now my post is in here? >_>
    .: Being able to read and think at the same time is an advantage :.