Heaven's Tear or Sanctuary unofficial EU servers?

loney
loney Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I am brand new to Perfect World and was aiming to join the server with the most English speaking European people, mainly because of the time difference with americans (God I wish there was no time difference)

I was hoping to join the server which had a fair amount and guilds to boot, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction
Post edited by loney on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I know for a fact there is a german and spanish guild on Sanctuary though I do not know about Heavens Tear. I would imagine though they have them too. Most factions speak english apart from those from a specific country of course just have a look around and join one you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • loney
    loney Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks alot Aryanna I really appreciate the reply
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    loney wrote: »
    I am brand new to Perfect World and was aiming to join the server with the most English speaking European people

The server that best fill up what you are looking for is not run by PWI....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    IF I REMEMBER WELL, which is not a given, Sanctuary is east-coast operated whereas the two others are west-coast and as such Sanctuary would have better ping times for Europe.

@Aryanna : German, Spanish and/or Mexican, Catalan, Swedish, Danish, and a few Scandinavian too. Funnily enough those have not yet gone full-war on each other :). Also Polish and Romanian. And some language I didn't recognise that uses many 'k' and the '-ng' sound quite a bit. There was a Sino-American guild too some time ago. I think that's about all I recognized ** scratches head ** ah, and some French.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just to elaborate.. there is a European version of PW... but I would suggest playing here anyway. I tried out the Euro PW, and it looks like ****. Literally. Like I was playing a ****. It was rather unpleasant overall. And didn't smell that good.

There's an Italian and a Spanish guild on HT, I think.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Beethoven - Sanctuary
    Beethoven - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The server that best fill up what you are looking for is not run by PWI....

The prob with the euro version of PW is that it is complete and utter rubbish. Things are always broken and buggered beyond belief there. It feels more like a shoddyily run priv server game then an official licensed version of PW. cash shop prices are a tad higher here but at least this operation seems to have its ducks in a row. also, the servers actually feel alive here in comparison to the ghost towns of PWMS.
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The prob with the Europe version of PW is that it is complete and utter rubbish. Things are always broken and bugged beyond belief there. It feels more like a shoddily run private server game then an official licensed version of PW. cash shop prices are a tad higher here but at least this operation seems to have its ducks in a row. also, the servers actually feel alive here in comparison to the ghost towns of PWMS.

I plus you. I do live in France for familial reasons ( but don't call me "French" if you want to stay polite b:scorn ) and playing here on the west coast gives me less lag than playing on an European server. Plus Euro servers maintenance is terrible.
  • Beethoven - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Plus Euro servers maintenance is terrible.

yeah i not sure why this is so big issue? but i see post from euro GM where he state today that

"there is not that much of a difference regarding patches maybe aside from INT as they actually have an independant dev team."

so maybe that is why PWI patching always seem smoother then euro because they have dev team in china making sure everything work ok before it get pushed out.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yeah i not sure why this is so big issue? but i see post from euro GM where he state today that

"there is not that much of a difference regarding patches maybe aside from INT as they actually have an independant dev team."

so maybe that is why PWI patching always seem smoother then euro because they have dev team in china making sure everything work ok before it get pushed out.

Well that Euro GM is wrong. Although we are the direct subsidiary of the Perfect World company, we do not have a specific development team assigned to us. The development team creates patches and updates for ALL versions of PW. Whether it be PWI, MY, or MS, the same developers make those patches. Our in-house QA team does the bulk of the work to make sure when we DO receive a new update, that everything works. If not, we make sure that we get one that does work. We won't release it till we think it's OK (I.E the delay in maintenance this week). That is what makes the difference between our version, and theirs.

*Of course as soon as I post this, the new update will break everything. Sigh.... b:surrender
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    kantorek wrote: »
    *Of course as soon as I post this, the new update will break everything. Sigh.... b:surrender

No they wont kanto, you werent were for us in wchat on HTear tonight. So we didnt break nothing this week... Hopefully...

BTW, I thought we agreed youd be the weekly gm for server maint spam?
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I was there, but too busy to chit chat. I saw you complaining, as always. b:victory
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    kantorek wrote: »
    We have a saying here in Hawaii... The Menehune's did it! I've been sending them to PWI when the pings are fast so as not to bog down my internet.. you should have a few hundred inhabiting your servers by now............ b:laughb:laugh

~S
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let's see... I can't speak for any server as a whole. However I am currently in a guild that's full of UKers. People will naturally group together. Lol.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Kalador - Heavens Tear
    Kalador - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm a UK player, I play all kinds of wierd hours and the server is always packed, I'm on Heavens Tear b:laugh
  • Beethoven - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    so strange that true dedication EU version of PW exist yet it is of better experience and performance to play on PWI. But please I must beg to perhaps make charm cheaper? b:chuckle