Refinery "Sale"

Options
Zori - Lost City
Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Beginning today, the prices of all refining materials in the boutique are permanently reduced! Upgrade your equipment with the help of the mystical Dragon Orbs, now 40% off! These items will allow you to enhance your equipment with a 100% success rate.

Now before I get this wrong, it does say permanently reduced right? Or is this going to be another fail part of the GMs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Zori - Lost City on

Comments

• IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It says permanent.. maybe it is to make up for the charm packs, i don't know but I sure hope it's permanent. Expect to see cash shop whores with +7 on all their gear.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Permanent" as in permanent or "permanent" as in charm packs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Law - Lost City
    Law - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ahh, nice catch. Good question :o
  • Ventash - Heavens Tear
    Ventash - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    From what I can tell, the materials are permanently reduced, but the Dragon Orbs are on sale for a limited time at 40% off.

Nothing but good things from me. You can talk about 'cash shop' whores all you want, but anyone can participate in Gold Trading at the auction houses and turn their in-game coin into Gold if they wanted. Or just buy the orbs and materials from other players in-game.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I think they learned their lesson from the Charm Pack fiasco. I hope...

Just remember, it says the refining materials are permanently reduced. While the Dragon Orbs are 40% off. (Instead of "cheaper"... some technical sale terminology.)
    You can talk about 'cash shop' whores all you want, but anyone can participate in Gold Trading at the auction houses and turn their in-game coin into Gold if they wanted. Or just buy the orbs and materials from other players in-game.

Very true. It lowers the prices for anyone since the supply is upped and the demand is satiated. You'll just have to wait a little while longer for prices to lower for you, if you don't purchase gold with real life money.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    it says all types of refine materials... that include orbs. So need Gm confirmation on it please. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    it says all types of refine materials... that include orbs. So need Gm confirmation on it please. <3

Yes, the wording is a bit confusing. At least, after Charm Packs it is...
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    bump, id like an answer on this also
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If this sale really is perm, I have a reason to buy gold again. Now that I'm 80 I'll actually bother to upgrade my gear.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Dragon orbs (for 100% successful refinement) have been marked down considerably. However, purchasing the 10 pack of 1-star orbs is an even better deal. If you take 1-star orbs to the Jewelcraftsman (combine/orb) you can create single 2-12 star orbs for the bulk prices. Here is a price sheet comparing the boutique prices to the crafted prices.

2 star = 1.2 gold in boutique (1.08 per/10 pack)
    1.08 gold if crafted from 4 1-star (from 10 pack)

3 star = 3 gold in boutique (2.7 per/10 pack)
    2.7 gold if crafted from 10 1-star

4 star = 7.5 gold in boutique
    6.75 gold if crafted from 25 1-star

5 star = 18 gold in boutique
    16.2 gold if crafted from 60 1-star

6 star = 39 gold if crafted from boutique purchased 5-star and 3-star
    35.1 gold if crafted from 130 1-star

etc...

So basically you will always be better off purchasing the 1 star 10 packs and crafting the orb you need. If PWi raises the price on the 1 star orbs or adds a manufacturing fee for orbs at the Jewelcraftsman this will no longer be the case. They claim this price change is permanent. (We all know from the charm pack fiasco what permanent means at PWi).
    Anyway happy gaming. Play informed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Beginning today, the prices of all refining materials in the boutique are permanently reduced! Upgrade your equipment with the help of the mystical Dragon Orbs, now 40% off! These items will allow you to enhance your equipment with a 100% success rate.

Now before I get this wrong, it does say permanently reduced right? Or is this going to be another fail part of the GMs.
    The part at the bottom of the annoucment is missing:
    For more information on refining, check out the Refining section of our Beginner's Guide here. These materials are now permanently reduced in price, so if you've been waiting to upgrade your equipment, now is a great time to start!

Pretty sure it's really permanent now xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Hello,

Official GM statement..... PERMANENT!

b:laugh
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    shnuggles wrote: »
    Hello,

Official GM statement..... PERMANENT!

b:laugh

yey now where are charm packs or some substitute?
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    yey now where are charm packs or some substitute?

They went on a trip, I think they used the same travel agent as the Holy Grail and those Weapons of Mass Destruction. b:shocked
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    They went on a trip, I think they used the same travel agent as the Holy Grail and those Weapons of Mass Destruction. b:shocked

LOL good one.

About charm packs
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Let me start off by saying that our Charm Packs have been a very successful addition to our Cash Shop and therefore it would be in 'our' best interest to make these bundles available again to our members as soon as possible.

The truth of the matter is that due to some technical issues (semi related to the issues with closing all Christmas events simultaneously) we needed to pull these products for (what we hope is) a short duration.

Please bear with us as we iron out the issues related to these Packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • shnuggles
    edited January 2009
    Options
    LOL good one.

About charm packs

For your reading pleasure.
    [PWE Billing]

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Did they change all that?
    I could swear that when I read that last night durin' maintenance it specifically stated that they were only available for a limited time ''These are only available for one week, so if you were waitin' to upgrade, now's the time!'' and now it says perm?
  • Ventash - Heavens Tear
    Ventash - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Did they change all that?
    I could swear that when I read that last night durin' maintenance it specifically stated that they were only available for a limited time ''These are only available for one week, so if you were waitin' to upgrade, now's the time!'' and now it says perm?

You're confusing the Dragon Orbs with Crafting Materials. The Crafting Materials are now permanently discounted, while the Dragon Orbs have a current 40% off sale.

The quote ''These are only available for one week, so if you were waitin' to upgrade, now's the time!'' is used because Dragon Orbs are a great way to upgrade your weapons and equipment to +? if you are interested in doing so.
  • shnuggles
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You're confusing the Dragon Orbs with Crafting Materials. The Crafting Materials are now permanently discounted, while the Dragon Orbs have a current 40% off sale.

The quote ''These are only available for one week, so if you were waitin' to upgrade, now's the time!'' is used because Dragon Orbs are a great way to upgrade your weapons and equipment to +? if you are interested in doing so.

Yes, to make this 100% clear, under the "Misc" section and "Refine" tab, ALL items are on a permanent price reduction. I repeat, ALL items in the "Misc" section under the "Refine" tab ONLY has undergone the permanent price reduction. So that means that ALL items in the "Refine" section of the boutique found under the "Misc" section have the permanent price reduction.

Whew, hope that clears everyone up b:laugh
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    shnuggles wrote: »
    Yes, to make this 100% clear, under the "Misc" section and "Refine" tab, ALL items are on a permanent price reduction. I repeat, ALL items in the "Misc" section under the "Refine" tab ONLY has undergone the permanent price reduction. So that means that ALL items in the "Refine" section of the boutique found under the "Misc" section have the permanent price reduction.

Whew, hope that clears everyone up b:laugh

What tab was that again? I didn't quite catch that. b:avoid
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    yea shnuggles, im a bit mentally handicapped, you need to say it as following : first word in english, next word in spanish, next word in german, and then next word in french, and repeat this. ....... i no uderstand yooooooozzzzzzzeeeeeee
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sticky, you forgot Russian and Swahili...b:laugh

P.S. you rock, Shnuggs...b:victory
  • funnyperson
    funnyperson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I've also noticed that the "Golden Egg" item now says that you can get 1, 2, or 3 star dragon orbs... which makes them slightly more useful ...
    however...
    I've only been getting 1 star orbs...
    is that supposed to happen or just my luck? (3 times)
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I've also noticed that the "Golden Egg" item now says that you can get 1, 2, or 3 star dragon orbs... which makes them slightly more useful ...
    however...

Only 3 tries? I'd definitely put that down to luck..

Personally I'd advise ignoring lucky boxes like the plague. If you're after specific items, it's basically always cheaper to buy them.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • LunarLove - Heavens Tear
    LunarLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm glad I finally got an admins word on this sale. Makes me feel more relieved knowing I won't miss out on it.(Hurray! I can +5 my hh80 golds now =x)
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    however...

Golden Egg content odds
    71% 1-star orb
    11% 2-star orb
    8% 3-star orb
    10% Mirage stone

If you enjoy the gamble the golden egg could be fun. Otherwise do the math.
    If you purchased 100 golden eggs for 75 gold you would (on average) receive:

71 1-star orbs worth 21.3 gold
    11 2-star orbs worth 13.2 gold
    8 3-star orbs worth 24 gold
    10 mirage stones worth aprox. 3 gold
    for a total value of 61.5 gold (a net loss of 8.5 gold)

You are far better off buying the 10 pack of 1 star orbs and manufacturing (combining) the higher levels at the Jewelcraftsman.

NOTE: THESE STATS COME FROM PWDATABASE AND THEREFORE MAY NOT BE 100% ACCURATE. PWI COULD CHANGE THE ODDS OR ADD IN OTHER ORBS WITHOUT NOTICE IN WHICH CASE THESE EGGS COULD BECOME A BARGAIN, SO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND FIND THE MOST UP TO DATE INFO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]