When wizard gets good for PK

Thelron - Lost City
Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Wizard
When do LA wizards get good at PK? I know damage isn't that good, but how many hits will an enemy at lvl 40-50 take? (Same level as you)

Please, no LA vs. Robe discussion
Post edited by Thelron - Lost City on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Depends what skills you train and what class/build you're fighting, but you won't be able to do much at lower levels. People will die in like 3-8 hits.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    never, wizards are the worst pvp class regardless of build. the end
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    spirea wrote: »

This nub has been butt hurt and one shotted by a wizard.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wizards get boosts at 59/60, 89/90, and 99/100 respectively.

They go from Terribad(pre-60) to Alright we're getting SOMEwhere(60+) to omg why are archers so imbalanced (7x) to oooomg wicked sick(89/90) to lolendgameyoulose(99/100)

With that said they're an invaluable asset to have, especially in tw.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arwing - Sanctuary
    Arwing - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im a LAW (Light Armor Wizard) and i do a pretty high dmg and almost of every 10 hits 4 of them are Critical!!!! and i dont die to fast if some moobs 1-3 gang up and atk u at once!
    Wizards get better at lvl 60+ cus they learn their OWNING SKILLS!!!!!! and try to get some Stuffs that had Chaneling -3% or -6% so u can cast ur spell fast and kick **** more faster!!!b
    b:victory:victoryb:victory
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Spirea is a 9x wizard who prolly is a robe so she never survives in pvp but she hits hard. I am sure if she was la shed be fine.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Thelron - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    So low level (39-60) PvP is out of the question?
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can still do fine at PvP those levels from a ganking standpoint, especially due to many lower level players not using charms. But you still will die very easily
    b:bye
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I did plenty of pk 30-60, but it was harder. Still won most fights though, just cause people don't know how to play.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Armour is right she's an awesome light robe mage and put me in my place when I was 4 lvl's higher then her.she and the writting's from pandora are what convinced me to go light armor if u want to pk as a wiz pre 90's
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2009

ur an idiot, u provbally got 1 shotted by a mage just like the other guys said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ur an idiot, u provbally got 1 shotted by a mage just like the other guys said

how about i 1 shot you?
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i liek how other classes like to come bash on the wizzies.I dont have probems with other classes because we all have our uses though i have more respect for a wizard class because of the patience it requires to be a wiz and to achive high lvl with one.We wizzies are a phenomenon a true character to master and to figure out..trust me.when some one finds our pandora box we will crush all other classes sure to come!!!b:angry
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    how about i 1 shot you?

Hahahaha (laughing with you, not at)
    b:bye
  • Thelron - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Spirea is a lvl 89+ HT mage o.O
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When do wizards get good for PK? Hmm lets see.

Never to be honest. Your good for pk after you reach 30 but all the other classes can whip your butt. Later on you hope to god you don't get stunned or else your pretty much dead if that stun didn't one shot you.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When do wizards get good for PK? Hmm lets see.

Never to be honest. Your good for pk after you reach 30 but all the other classes can whip your butt. Later on you hope to god you don't get stunned or else your pretty much dead if that stun didn't one shot you.

not really, wb with xs +3 was doing 500s to me, i have 2.5k hp unbuffed and not all sockets on my armor filled (poor).
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    am with Krel its a very hard class to master and lvl and being able to go above 70 in it shows your detrmnation for greatness..

appearntly Pandora and spirea are having that time of the month b:bye
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Chaosteve - Heavens Tear
    Chaosteve - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well wizards has its ups and downs, PVP well........the wizards pvp winings is mostly on its gears, and wat spells is maxed.

Earth spells = stuns,slow casting,high dmg, less people got earth resists on items (i am Maxed earth wizard).

Water spells = freeze,slow,fast casting,med dmg.

Fire spells = dmg is high - med,med casting,alot of people got fire resists cause its popular to max fire spells.
  • kalibur
    kalibur Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am level 43 Wizard and ive been red(Red feels goodb:laugh). Red happen when you pks someone..I've killed an archer level 43 in "legendary armor".

In the end the more you know about other class the better wizard you will be..I killed the archer in legendary armor coz archer weakness is close range. Stay away from barbs and blademaster(use Gush, distant shrink, will of the phoenix etc)..

In the end the more knowledge you have about other classes. The better you are at Pk, duels, etc...

I'm Kalibur of Lost server (pvp server is funnest server ever!!)
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the thing for wizards is that how good you pk (how long you survive to do your attacks) ultimately depends on the gear you wear. You can either be a light armor mage. Or you can be arcane but have physical defence mods in every piece of your gear. I did the arcane root and self buffed i have 3.7k physical defence.
This discussion has been closed.