Tonights Update -Thoughts and bleh?

Options
Trenith - Heavens Tear
Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Okay so looking at the front page, were not getting our charm packs back tonight. Instead were getting dragon orbs cheaper. YaY!... not... -.-"

Why give us dragon orbs, we want charm packs? Just give us our charm packs back. We dont want dragon orbs 40% off.. We want buy 4 get 1 free charms... And STACKING BOXES back... You know how much of a pain it is to have 10 seperate charms in your bank. It sucks...

ANYWAYS...

Im taking donations for next weeks world chat entertainment before maint. =)
Post edited by Trenith - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Okay so looking at the front page, were not getting our charm packs back tonight. Instead were getting dragon orbs cheaper. YaY!... not... -.-"

Why give us dragon orbs, we want charm packs? Just give us our charm packs back. We dont want dragon orbs 40% off.. We want buy 4 get 1 free charms... And STACKING BOXES back... You know how much of a pain it is to have 10 seperate charms in your bank. It sucks...

ANYWAYS...

Im taking donations for next weeks world chat entertainment before maint. =)

Please speak for yourself and not everyone, I am very pleased with the 40% off dragon orbsb:thanks
  • noes
    noes Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    you forgot to mention the new event.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/event/eventsubpage/1051
  • Baybesnipez - Heavens Tear
    Baybesnipez - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Nuuuuu b:cry
    You're right Tren, what a lame update <.< I miss the charm packs.. and now I still can't have a chance at getting a big cuddly lion :'(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I want Fortune Stones -_-" I'll take the orbs as a bonus, but dammit, add the Fortune stones FFS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Surprise surprise! We wont see charm packs again until next holiday/xmas.
  • Law - Lost City
    Law - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty orbs sell

***next week comes fortune stone***

***everyone who refines this week cries***
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Bored already. >.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You know, heres a problem...

I just read the ToS again word for word.

PW staff do yall know false advertisment is illegal in America?

AND THEN

Trying to cover it up is also illegal?

BUT, about the event... meh, atleast its not annoying snowmen again...
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I want Fortune Stones -_-" I'll take the orbs as a bonus, but dammit, add the Fortune stones FFS.

Well sorry to be a noob that hasn't played other versions, but what are Fortune Stones?
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Just hearing the word Snowmen and I shudder! ... Though I kinda miss the coin I got off of them from all those Mirage stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Zori - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well sorry to be a noob that hasn't played other versions, but what are Fortune Stones?

Uh, it's called Fortune Stones on PW_MY, and the GMs/Mods know what I am talking about. They are used to transfer refined items. Meaning, keep your previous +'ed items for another.

It's called Chientkung? or something oddly named here on this server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilikeithard
    ilikeithard Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    woo, time to make more money.
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well...I think it's **** that charm packs aren't back yet. I know a lot of people aren't buying ANY charms until they come back. I'm beginning to wonder IF they are coming back at all.

But at least we'll have all the chocolate we want from mat mines. -_-

P.S. I hate events that give you **** that nobody even uses. I've never used event potions. I can make them every day at the Apothecary...and I don't have to pay stupidly high prices from players to collect the mats for them.

P.P.S. Meh...gimme back my charm packs FFS. b:cry
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wow...have you GMs, or if you're not responsible for this, devs ever trolled the forums and seen that theres about 20-30+ pages of petitions for charm packs?

And when will you get rid of chocolate mats?
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wow...have you GMs, or if you're not responsible for this, devs ever trolled the forums and seen that theres about 20-30+ pages of petitions for charm packs?

And when will you get rid of chocolate mats?

I just saw someones recent post edited by xarfox or however you spell it. So yeah they do, they just dont listen. Im going to laugh my .... off whenever someone files a lawsuit against them for false advertisment and the other laws theyve broken by taken those out.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I could be sleepy but...
    Once this topic was created i checked the page and saw words like "limited time" "for a week" and "temporary".
    Now i just checked and saw "permanent" all over it.

Did the GMs feel bad about this update at first?
    Or they just will remove the "permanent" words from it after a few weeks, like happened with charm packs?
  • Zori - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I talked with Ironman ingame, and he says something of this sort:

We didn't expect so many people would react to it's removal. Yes, it wasn't an accident that we removed it. Although the sale was successful, we will add similar sales like such in the future.

I have a few people with me when he said that. Don't have to believe me lol. But tbh, don't think they'll be adding the same Charms Packs anytime soon.

GMs need to realize that Charm Packs relieved the server's economy a bit, both for cash users, and non-cash users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    relieved the server's economy a bit

Now, I've not been here for long at all, but from lookin' around, and spendin' a lot of time buyin' and sellin', this looks to be one of the best ingame economies I've seen yet. What was/is wrong w/ it, exactly?

This feelin' may not have been helped by the fact that I jus' came from a game w/ a chronically bad, superinflated, price-crashin', broken economy...
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I could be sleepy but...
    Once this topic was created i checked the page and saw words like "limited time" "for a week" and "temporary".
    Now i just checked and saw "permanent" all over it.

Did the GMs feel bad about this update at first?
    Or they just will remove the "permanent" words from it after a few weeks, like happened with charm packs?

Maybe they just think that "temporary" and "permanent" are synonyms? b:chuckle

Seriously, I am usually not easy to disappoint by every minor thing, but the "charm pack scandal" did. It's really lame to tell people something is in to stay (and we do agree that this is what the world "permanent" means, right?) and then just take it out with any pre-warning. Can we at least get some update what your plans for this are, other than "they might be back in the future" (which doesn't tell anything, really)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Now, I've not been here for long at all, but from lookin' around, and spendin' a lot of time buyin' and sellin', this looks to be one of the best ingame economies I've seen yet. What was/is wrong w/ it, exactly?
    It made the gold price on coins to go down.
    Before Charm Packs: 1 gold = 110k-120k
    During Charm Packs: 1 gold = 100k-110k
    Current: 1 gold = 105k-120k

And prices are still going up slowly, being hard to find gold sellers for 100k again.
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Can we at least get some update what your plans for this are, other than "they might be back in the future" (which doesn't tell anything, really)?

No, this game lacks something. STAFF INTERACTION WITH PLAYERS.

We get no kind of feedback, nothing. Other then "they were accidently removed".

Its okay though, the PW office is open tomorrow isnt it?

I bet you yall(PW) recieve a phone call about these charm packs tomorrow.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Please speak for yourself and not everyone, I am very pleased with the 40% off dragon orbsb:thanks

I'm not, they lowered it right after I spent 500k on my helm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I want the darekness stamps back in higher level Fbs.

Why do I have the feeling it's never going to happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It made the gold price on coins to go down.
    Before Charm Packs: 1 gold = 110k-120k
    During Charm Packs: 1 gold = 100k-110k
    Current: 1 gold = 105k-120k

And prices are still going up slowly, being hard to find gold sellers for 100k again.

Thas not too bad at least. I mean, 10~20k increase is a *****, but overall not horrible. Unless it keeps increasin'...that'd suck.

Sayin' that...again, comin' from a game w/ broken economy...*shudders at 18m+ for [equivalent of 1 gold]*
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I know a lot of people aren't buying ANY charms until they come back. I'm beginning to wonder IF they are coming back at all.

Count me in that group. I'm trying to make it a point to spend no more cash (read: "beyond what's already been spent") until we have charm packs back. And I know I'm not the only one with this stance. And, I, too, and am wondering if they'll ever return (and if PWE will get any more of my $$$)...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    No, this game lacks something. STAFF INTERACTION WITH PLAYERS.

We get no kind of feedback, nothing. Other then "they were accidently removed".

Its okay though, the PW office is open tomorrow isnt it?

I bet you yall(PW) recieve a phone call about these charm packs tomorrow.
    Totally agree. Word.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I talked with Ironman ingame, and he says something of this sort:

We didn't expect so many people would react to it's removal. Yes, it wasn't an accident that we removed it. Although the sale was successful, we will add similar sales like such in the future.

I have a few people with me when he said that. Don't have to believe me lol. But tbh, don't think they'll be adding the same Charms Packs anytime soon.

GMs need to realize that Charm Packs relieved the server's economy a bit, both for cash users, and non-cash users.

Screenshots, man! Screenshots!
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Aryasmodeus - Heavens Tear
    Aryasmodeus - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    b:surrender Please GMs? Bring them back? Who do we have to bother- we could all ticket, e-mail, send a letter petitioning, and if we can get a phone number... blast their eardrums with barrels of love until they return them.

Pl0x, rlly, at least another week, for me? b:sad
    We all die in the end for a little taste of glory.
    Or soup. I'm quite fond of soup.
  • silverkitty
    silverkitty Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    PW staff do yall know false advertisment is illegal in America?

quoting from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising
    "The goal is prevention rather than punishment, reflecting the purpose of civil law in setting things right rather than that of criminal law. The typical sanction is to order the advertiser to stop its illegal acts, or to include disclosure of additional information that serves to avoid the chance of deception. Corrective advertising may be mandated [6],[7]. But there are no fines or prison time except for the infrequent instances when an advertiser refuses to stop despite being ordered to do so.[8]"

So it's not like they could go to jail, anyway. At best you could sue them, but since they already ceased to advertise permanent charm packs (when they retroactively edited their announcement of permanency), and the game is free unless you optionally spend money on it, it's unlikely that your suit would get anywhere.
  • Werian - Sanctuary
    Werian - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ppl came during christmas spoiled by charms(b:surrender including me). <.< Not nice to notice that they didnt came back during last maintance... and charm prices are 400k each (gold one) >.< tws are becoming unfair cos some factions are using charms more than others. Promise is promise give our charm packs back!!
    ~I'm standing in shadows looking how new heroes to rise and how old ones fall like me, long forgotten, waiting people to remember them. If only I would have strength to rise again~