which one is better?
which one will you choose?
why?
Post edited by Celkia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I used robe build. Just enough Str to wear armor rest into Mag. My pets are taking all the damage anyway so as long as I make sure they keep aggro all I need to do is damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celkia - Sanctuary
    Celkia - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i am already using light
    and if i change my stats at some point i will become
    heavy/robe
    i know about the robe only build but i did not like it
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I used robe build. Just enough Str to wear armor rest into Mag. My pets are taking all the damage anyway so as long as I make sure they keep aggro all I need to do is damage.

What s/he said. Robe really is the only way to go if you want to be any good. At the early levels I admit if you aren't careful you could have a mob sneak up on you and kill you, but if you are diligent and good at controling your pet its not very hard. Remember too that your pet healing is directly related to your MAG stat, so really the higher that is the less you have to heal, and the more you can tank without an issue.
  • Zerikita - Heavens Tear
    Zerikita - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I myself use robe build. For one thing, it does more damage than a light build, and even though you might have less defense, it really wouldnt make much of a difference. You just have to learn how to escape from certain situations.
    b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:thanksb:cuteb:victory
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I went "light" for a higher crit % (currently @4%), and I'm using a mix of level 4 heavy (chest and legs) and light (bracers and boots) armor which gives me 827 (37% DR) armor normally, and 1502 (52% DR) armor in fox form against level 35 mobs. I rely more on spell upgrades to increase my spell damage then on keeping my weapon close to my level.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You all ignored his question...

I'm a light veno myself, theres nothing wrong with it honest(your pet heal is a little lower, so you might have a harder time soloing instances, but you can counter that with channeling gear generally)

Anyways, to get to your question, heavy&robe mix armor build is only more efficent in the lower levels. Once you start getting to 70/80/90 you'll be wanting to grab ahold of TT armors, since the overall benifits are more then the robe/heavy combo in my opinion. But, until you can get ahold of those armors, its probably more stat effective to use robe/heavy.(though look at me I got to 80 fine as a light armro build..)
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    light armor is more balanced overall, since your HP will be low ( no points added to vit because u need to add a lot to the other 3 stats) i'm quite sure u'll get 1 shotted by mages when using heavy(i can still get 1 shotted by sandstorm though i'm using light armor, damn earth defence) and by archers when using arcane, but if u're willing to spend some real money on this, and get good stuff and HP stones, it might do it
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Spellbind - Lost City
    Spellbind - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It depends what your doing... If you want to PvP or do Territory Wars, I'd suggest using Light armor. I've heard of Veno's doing pk in magic armor but for TW light armor is a must(in my opinion anyway...). But since your on a PvE server, magic build is probably better for you unless you are going to do a lot of TW.
    edited January 2009
    You guys are missing what he's asking still lol...

Hes asking the conception between mixing Arcane armor, with lower level heavy armor to act as light armor, how benifical it is. Or to just stick with light armor.
  • Spellbind - Lost City
    Spellbind - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To use the lower lvl heavy armor you'll need to put stats into dex anyway so light armor build would be better. That way you can wear the best light armor and the best arcane robes.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You guys are missing what he's asking still lol...

Hes asking the conception between mixing Arcane armor, with lower level heavy armor to act as light armor, how benifical it is. Or to just stick with light armor.

Yes, we do, you just don't quite seem to understand that the first post actually has four different loosely connected questions with the last two asking what other people were doing or would do.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
    edited January 2009
    Yes, we do, you just don't quite seem to understand that the first post actually has four different loosely connected questions with the last two asking what other people were doing or would do.

Sorry I missed your reply, seems I was writing my reply and you made yours while writing, so I missed it. Your first reply was the most on topic.

Everyone else answered replying to robes or heavy, but werent realizing he was asking the armor mix not each set individually.

That's under the presumption that the 4 questions are related though, which I would believe they are meant to be.
  • Celkia - Sanctuary
    Celkia - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    to make it clear i wanted to know
    what is better
    1) light armor
    or 2) using low heavy and robes combined
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Also, I think it depends on if you want to do fox form at all. I like to have options, so I chose Light armor as a hybrid. Still seems to be good at level 27, and I have better accuracy than my level 52 friend :p It's really a matter of preference, I'm pretty sure casters can get away with any type of armor, so do whatever you want. Armor wise, unless you want a Neko BM with no skills :p
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    to make it clear i wanted to know
    what is better
    1) light armor
    or 2) using low heavy and robes combined

Benfits of LA are that you can build you charactor with critical @ 34% with modifer and can still hold same level weapons and equipment same level LA, mix with robe if you need -channeling or magic defend but you will have less HP.

Using Robe/HA benefits you from Phy.Def, medium HP, low magic def. Is ideally for tanking melee but not caster. When you level up, most mob are magic attack, HA will suffer.
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Personally I still say go pure arcane, but if I had to choose I would go pure light, since you won't suffer as much mag def for low lvl equip's phys def. No matter what your mag damage is gonna be **** compared to a pure mag, as is your pet heal. Whatever you choose though never let anyone tell you its wrong, its just a matter of play style really.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Personally I still say go pure arcane, but if I had to choose I would go pure light, since you won't suffer as much mag def for low lvl equip's phys def. No matter what your mag damage is gonna be **** compared to a pure mag, as is your pet heal. Whatever you choose though never let anyone tell you its wrong, its just a matter of play style really.

She sums it up really.

I stayed Light until level 48. Since 49 I've been going robes. Why? I couldn't take the low damage and minor pet heals anymore. Through the use of garnet shards, my physical defense has stayed passable. Afterall, fox form doubles it and +dex equips can do wonders with my aim since I have yet to restat. I have no experience with robe and heavy mixed because the equations confused me late at night with no sleep. But, it'd be similar to Light in that it'd be a major drain on your mag pool.
    b:bye RETIRED
    edited January 2009
    Even as light armor build I've had no trouble killing anything or keeping my pet healed. I've 11% crit and pull off my pet just as often as arcane build(sadly >.>). With Hercules I can still keep up with pet heals enough to solo FB79 and I've tried up to 1-3/2-1 squad mode with success. Light Armor really isnt that detrimental to your ability to do anything.

As for your original question, I'll say what I've already pointed out.

Light armor would be easier to manage, and better overall 70+ when you have access to TT armors

Heavy/Arcane mix, is a little more confusing with very little difference in stat distribution, therefor your overall efficency will be about the same(imo not enough benefit to justify using it), and you'll still want to switch to TT armors when you get that high.
  • Aavery - Lost City
    Aavery - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I dont have much experience with venos but I think over all a light armor would be more effecient then a robe/heavy mix.
    Also just a side note What I have been doing with my veno is starting her off with robes. I will restat to light amor around 60-ish since it will be better for tw.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Heavy/robe mix is better for one on one duels, as you'll be able to change your armor for higher versatility based on what class you choose. A mix can pull you to about the same defences as a light armor, since heavy armor has pretty godly physical defenses even at low levels.

Light armor loses that versatility, but gains maybe 2-3% crit rate/some accuracy over the heavy/robe mix. It's also easier to manage since it follows one standard build and you won't have to look ahead at armor reqs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]