How do wizards kill kunkun??

retodxx
retodxx Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Wizard
Just a quick question. I'm a lvl28 wizard with a quest to kill KunKun. Every hit i do 3 dmg and get ks'd before i can kill him and the quest requires that I kill him solo...

So how do i kill him?? Do i need to switch to a sword or something?
Post edited by retodxx on

Comments

• streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    run infront of him, wack him with ur weapon, rinse and repeat, thats how i did it anyways
  • Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary
    Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just wait till lvl30, and attack him in air. Since you can chase him along the mountains. It works just fine. Thats what I did.
    (I did this with my Nakir, so it might have been just fast enough).
  • Magic_Limey - Sanctuary
    Magic_Limey - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I bought the cheapest bow and arrows and attacked to force him to run away from mobs towards Silver Pool, then killed him fairly quickly with no trouble.
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just hit Kun Kun with a physical attack. Kun Kun only has 100HP or so.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just hit Kun Kun with a physical attack. Kun Kun only has 100HP or so.

Uninstall, mages don't have any physical attack until level 59. Plus, our actual melee/bow attacks are meaningless in damage to boot. What I did, since the quest reward isn't fascinating, and I couldn't be bothered to kill with slow melee like I did in MY, just wait till level 59 and then tempest him, lol.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just use a bow, or any other physical attack (bow's likely better though).
    If the surrounding monsters are becoming a bother, get a caster or archer to fly along with you and attack any aggressive monster you trigger. Will get it off you, and the flying support won't get hit either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Uninstall, mages don't have any physical attack until level 59. Plus, our actual melee/bow attacks are meaningless in damage to boot. What I did, since the quest reward isn't fascinating, and I couldn't be bothered to kill with slow melee like I did in MY, just wait till level 59 and then tempest him, lol.

You waited until level 59? I would advise a hearty program of Alt+F4ing followed by a good session of uninstalling for you.

It's pretty clear that you didn't even try to kill it before that. If you had bothered you would have found that KunKun doesn't exactly lay on the HP in heavy doses.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would totally recommend this way for most magi users.

Get the cheapest bow and arrows (most likely from Arch somewhere...the closest place I think). Once you have the weapon ready and arrows loaded on your back head to KunKun.

You must be a bit careful here and might want to ask a higher level player to help for the first stage of killing KunKun. When you locate KunKun start the attack and drive him North towards the river. He will run completly opposite of your attack providing he can, which if lined up will be North. While you are doing this it makes things easier if your protector aggros mobs away from you until you get to the shore line North.

Once you are there which won't take long there are no more Mobs along the shore line. Your helper can leave now since there is no more danger. Now is the tedious but easy part. Run KunKun up and down the shore line killing him. Remember to keep KunKun between you and the shoreline with the Mobs located behind you. Once he gets a bit closer to some Mobs just get infront of him and drive him back the other way across the shore line.

I found this super easy and was done in less then ten minutes in total I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I simply whacked it repeatedly with my wand.
    It took quite a time, but I enjoy whipping defenseless things, so it was OK.

Just make sure to push it towards a safe area.
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I simply whacked it repeatedly with my wand. It took quite a time, but I enjoy whipping defenseless things, so it was OK.

I lol'd so hard >.<
  • Boo_Yah - Sanctuary
    Boo_Yah - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What I did was - had a friend (not in squad) lower the hit points on Kun Kun so that i could take him in one hit. Worked great for me. Quest states that you have to kill Kun Kun solo not that some one could not assist.
  • Vestamona - Lost City
    Vestamona - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Invite someone else who has to do the quest and can actually do physical damage?
    edited January 2009
    Invite someone else who has to do the quest and can actually do physical damage?

This is wrong I think b:thanks From what I know is that you CAN'T be in a squad to do this quest. Just follow my instructons earlier in the Thread and you will go through it so easily and use less of others time.

I do like the idea of others doing the most damage but would that not take the kill away if they do 51% of damage or more? That would give them the kill then right? If it does work then it contradics the whole battle system setup does it not?

Please let me know, I am curious to the above idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    You waited until level 59? I would advise a hearty program of Alt+F4ing followed by a good session of uninstalling for you.

It's pretty clear that you didn't even try to kill it before that. If you had bothered you would have found that KunKun doesn't exactly lay on the HP in heavy doses.

It's pretty clear that you lack a brain. If your accusation does not need actual FACT to be said, then neither do I. Good? Any reply to the previous statement will be unfounded, and henceforth ignored.

To say the actual story... I did kill it before with a mage in PW-MY, but it was too troublesome for the reward, melee or bows TRULY barely does any damage, roughly 10 or less each hit, lol?, or at least that was then. Still, there was really no point in going through so much trouble a second time for such a poorly rewarding quest. Now, I could have, but I chose not to. So, that's that.

Also, use an actual character or signature identifying you, it appears you're a nobody, so to say, or someone afraid to show who they are.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
    edited January 2009
    It's pretty clear that you lack a brain. If your accusation does not need actual FACT to be said, then neither do I. Good? Any reply to the previous statement will be unfounded, and henceforth ignored.

To say the actual story... I did kill it before with a mage in PW-MY, but it was too troublesome for the reward, melee or bows TRULY barely does any damage, roughly 10 or less each hit, lol?, or at least that was then. Still, there was really no point in going through so much trouble a second time for such a poorly rewarding quest. Now, I could have, but I chose not to. So, that's that.

Also, use an actual character or signature identifying you, it appears you're a nobody, so to say, or someone afraid to show who they are.

BOOYAHHH!!!!! Take that Fuzzles!!!!!!!

b:chuckle

Sorry, I just have nothing better to do at work today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vestamona - Lost City
    Vestamona - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This is wrong I think b:thanks From what I know is that you CAN'T be in a squad to do this quest. Just follow my instructons earlier in the Thread and you will go through it so easily and use less of others time.

I do like the idea of others doing the most damage but would that not take the kill away if they do 51% of damage or more? That would give them the kill then right? If it does work then it contradics the whole battle system setup does it not?

Please let me know, I am curious to the above idea.
    Incorrect. I did it in a squad yesterday.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I KS'd him, some guy was killing it, left for a second to kill some poison spider attacking him, and then i killed him

Win
    b:bye
  • fuzzles
    edited January 2009

It takes about 2 minutes to kill it with a mage. Tops. At the very most. I stand by what I said. You obviously didn't even try. That quest is a time effective way of getting XP. If you didn't do it, it's your loss. I suggest that you stop giving people clearly bad advice though.

And don't worry about my ingame name, I don't play on LC. I'm on HT, if you must know.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah I don't see why you wouldn't spend 3 mins on killing it. It took me no effort at all, just make sure it runs towards the water and corner it there.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    It takes about 2 minutes to kill it with a mage. Tops. At the very most. I stand by what I said. You obviously didn't even try. That quest is a time effective way of getting XP. If you didn't do it, it's your loss. I suggest that you stop giving people clearly bad advice though.

And don't worry about my ingame name, I don't play on LC. I'm on HT, if you must know.

I still stand by what I said, you obviously have no brain. Just because you THINK I didn't do it before, doesn't make it true. So to say, you're lying out loud, since only I can know whether I did it or not, and I did. Please, don't embarrass yourself anymore. =/

To assume that that quest is "time effective way of getting XP", I shall make the assumption that you are in the 3x to 6x level range. Also, to make it clear, I did do it, and I'm not telling anybody not to do it.
  • xdarksolx
    xdarksolx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just did it with a party anyway, and it worked just fine.
  • fuzzles
    edited January 2009
    I still stand by what I said, you obviously have no brain. Just because you THINK I didn't do it before, doesn't make it true. So to say, you're lying out loud, since only I can know whether I did it or not, and I did. Please, don't embarrass yourself anymore. =/

To assume that that quest is "time effective way of getting XP", I shall make the assumption that you are in the 3x to 6x level range. Also, to make it clear, I did do it, and I'm not telling anybody not to do it.

How are you not getting this? In the 3x level range it is a time-effective way of getting XP. Once you're past the 6x, it isn't.

You really are somewhat on the dimwitted side..
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How are you not getting this? In the 3x level range it is a time-effective way of getting XP. Once you're past the 6x, it isn't.

I can not test your idea yet (I need to reach level 70 before I can tell if quest experience will be enough for me to level?)

But I have had no problems gaining experience from quests, except that I sometimes have been gaining too much. I am sort of looking forward to some levels where I can grind for crafting materials without gaining so much experience that I have troubles with out leveling the quests I want to complete.

But I will admit to being somewhat on the dimwitted side.

b:chuckle
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited January 2009

You really are somewhat on the dimwitted side..

Well, I admit I had no problem leveling without it, at those levels quests are so abundant that ignoring this quest is really a trivial detail. But, I guess 10k exp reward when you need a meager 53k exp to level is amazing, I'll give you that much. Moreover, I'll be nice enough to let you at ease, by ignoring and not contributing to your new baseless opinion. ^^
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i didn't have my bow and arrows on me, so i just punched him a bunch near the shoreline, he died pretty fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • SyrisGarcia - Heavens Tear
    SyrisGarcia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I simply whacked it repeatedly with my wand.
    It took quite a time, but I enjoy whipping defenseless things, so it was OK.

I know geez why r u guys making this so complicated that we need to make a whole thread about it <.<
This discussion has been closed.