Money making advice

Grizzwald - Sanctuary
Grizzwald - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I'm a lvl 50 BM and am always broke, but there are always ppl that are loaded. what can I do, without buying gold, to make at least 80-90k a day?
Post edited by Grizzwald - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nereh - Lost City
    Nereh - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    grind and sell your drops. even about 10% grinding can get you a decent amount of drops to sell. limit how many potions/items you buy and don't waste your money warping when you have a perfectly good sword to fly on. warping is a horrible money sink.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    just go buy urself and gold hp and mp charm, forget pots. pots= biggest money waster in the world. sell your drops pretty much.once you can , start farming TT
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    just go buy urself and gold hp and mp charm, forget pots. pots= biggest money waster in the world. sell your drops pretty much.once you can , start farming TT

He said without having to buy any gold... And buying charms ingame can't be less expensive then buying pots. Or am I wrong? I don't know how long a gold charm lasts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    i dont buy gold, i buy charms off other players, trust me, go buy urself a gold hp and mp charm bro, they will last you a long time.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nereh - Lost City
    Nereh - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had a gold HP charm last from L40-44. Which was about 4 days. It was worth it for what I saved in potions.

I've never used an MP charm but Focus powders really save how much you need to spend on MP potions/charms.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I just did the math, Sticky's right. Let's take a gold HP charm for example and compare it to a Perfect Health Potion:

1 Perfect Health Potion - 1,300 coin - heals 1,560 HP (over 10 sec)
    1 Gold HP Charm - 400,000 coin (rough estimate) - heals 600,000 HP (when health drops to half, immediate)

1560HP / 1300coin = 1.2 HP per coin
    600000HP / 400000coin = 1.5 HP per coin

So, even on the face of it, the charm is more efficient per coin. Now, it only adds value by being a life-saver (kicking in at half way), automatic, and immediate (as opposed to over 10 secs). Then on top of that, the pots lose value since they're often over-healing - In other words, say you use a pot at 75% health, and the pot heals you to 100% and then some. You basically "wasted" whatever HP it healed over 100%. Unless you're really good at activating it at the exact amount of health you need or just under, you'll never get the full amount of every pot.

Life Powders and such can be a good deal, but they are inversely affected by in-battle regeneration (25% effective). Still, they help while the charm recharges, or to avoid any charm usage depending on damage taken.
  • Poiss - Sanctuary
    Poiss - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm a lvl 50 BM and am always broke, but there are always ppl that are loaded. what can I do, without buying gold, to make at least 80-90k a day?

I agree with Nereh. Back at level 3x, grinding for an hour around the village south of Ch'in would make about 35000 coins (by selling the drops to NPCs). Grinding around Swiftwind can bring in almost 50000 in an hour. Tusk Town is also fun, but it doesn't seem to be much more profitable than Swiftwind for me. You'll need to choose mobs that have a relatively high drop-rate for DQ items.
  • BloodCountes - Heavens Tear
    BloodCountes - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Don't forget to look for a cleric nearby the grinding spot to buff u before start grinding. It will save u some mp/hp charms/pots usage.
    My people, some of them have run away to the hills
    and have no shelter. No food, no one knows where they are,
    hear me my chiefs, I am tired. My heart is sick and sad,
    I will fight no more....
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you've got time then make a veno.

If you don't wanna waste time with new char then stop doing crazy stone quest every day. - That might save you some money.

Or just find a cleric friend. It takes longer to fill two inventories with drops than just one but you don't have to use pots.

We aren't that bad people anyway. We are just slow sometimes so don't rely on us completely. :p
    edited January 2009
    i never stop doing crazy stone, even when it costs me 75k to get 3.8%... =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackwolf9
    blackwolf9 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    As a cleric leveling, I made it from level 1-38 with 1 mp charm and 1/2 hp charm (I still have half of it left)

I don't see how anyone could waste money on pots hehe. Charms are waaay cheaper in the long run, you just have to pay a lot up front.
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The trick to making money is all about the mindset, I have always had a ton of money, and there a couple of things I have learned that will give you plenty of cash.

1. Die: While most people don't want to die much, it does increase how long you get to grind, slows down your leveling (higher grind time per equipment upgrade ratio).

2. Don't do crazy stones, I have only done it 4 times in total (the first time to see what it was, the other 3 because I wanted them off my quest list, since you can't trash them). They increase xp/spirit, but not only decrease grind time (the best time for money), but cost money, don't increase reputation etc.

3. Don't buy equipment: At least not from vendors, I only use the stuff that drops for me, but since not all classes can do that at least shop around and use the Auctioneer.

4. Know what stats are valuable and use the auctioneer, if it isn't valuable sell to a vendor (Tip for those that don't know, 3 star items can be decomposed into Mirage Celestones to increase their value)

5. Pick up everything: Not just the piles of gold coins, but equipment, ammo, spiritstones etc. it adds up.

6. Lower your costs as much as possible: Figure out what can be done without and do without it, I.E. Don't teleport unless your in a hurry, use diamond sutra before your charm goes off, use a charm instead of potions etc.
  • mich0136
    mich0136 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    grinding neer swamp of wraith has a high DQ drop rate, i made 250k in just 2 hours, i still recommend doing crazy stone since it lvls you faster. 10k for lvl 30-60 and 23k for lvl 60~70 or 80...not there yet. its the repairs that kills your money fast....70k for repairs for me. i use pots but i should really get gold hp/mp but i could never save enough...im bad at that....stupid skills costing to much....hope that helps
  • Lao_chi - Heavens Tear
    Lao_chi - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:victoryiim a lvl 25 bm and i make like 120k a day
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    As a wizard I use Morning dew for hp regeneration. 2 times morning dew is almost full hp, and costs about 360 mp total... With a total of almost 6000 mp (wellspring) I can live for a long time without pots. Pots for me are just a lifesaver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaemiAx - Sanctuary
    DaemiAx - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:sin Venos, have hp regeneration, mp regeneration and my fav, the MP HP swapping, it is the most useful,
    For the ones who didnt know, venos have higher drop rates in very low mobs ( i am 43 i kill jackaleopardites lv 23) if they solo the mob ,not use a pet, ( i prefer fox form , bcuz i can steal his hp 2 regen my hpb:victory)
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    For all those people who advise that you stop doing crazy stone.. you're all nuts. It's worth every cent. Remember that the more crazy stone you do, the higher your level. And the higher your level, the faster you can farm money.

TT is where the money making starts. Worry about XP rather than gold before then.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can make a decent amount of money by picking herbs / mining things and selling them. Just decide what items you want to mine (preferably something that you don't need for your own manufacturing skill) and set up your cat shop at a prime location. For example, herbs sell best near an apothecary. You should also familiarize yourself with the item uses / value so that you can price it accordingly (i.e. nectar is worth more than ageratum). Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    For all those people who advise that you stop doing crazy stone.. you're all nuts. It's worth every cent. Remember that the more crazy stone you do, the higher your level. And the higher your level, the faster you can farm money.

TT is where the money making starts. Worry about XP rather than gold before then.
    Least it's better advice than dying so you spend more time needing to grind before you outgrow your gear.
    Seriously Shiga, what the hell?
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    participate in wars, grind in a party, AOE party more.
    sell dq.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PXRage - Heavens Tear
    PXRage - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    funny how no body said farming yet, but yeah. FARM.

make 1mil in 1~3hour farm. Perfect for starters.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:sin Venos, have hp regeneration, mp regeneration and my fav, the MP HP swapping, it is the most useful,
    For the ones who didnt know, venos have higher drop rates in very low mobs ( i am 43 i kill jackaleopardites lv 23) if they solo the mob ,not use a pet, ( i prefer fox form , bcuz i can steal his hp 2 regen my hpb:victory)

I soloed rhinodrakes outside of archo at lvl 38 with a lvl 20 pet and got good drops... 6 hay in 30 mins.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    1 Perfect Health Potion - 1,300 coin - heals 1,560 HP (over 10 sec)
    1 Gold HP Charm - 400,000 coin (rough estimate) - heals 600,000 HP (when health drops to half, immediate)

1560HP / 1300coin = 1.2 HP per coin
    600000HP / 400000coin = 1.5 HP per coin

So, even on the face of it, the charm is more efficient per coin. Now, it only adds value by being a life-saver (kicking in at half way), automatic, and immediate (as opposed to over 10 secs). Then on top of that, the pots lose value since they're often over-healing - In other words, say you use a pot at 75% health, and the pot heals you to 100% and then some. You basically "wasted" whatever HP it healed over 100%. Unless you're really good at activating it at the exact amount of health you need or just under, you'll never get the full amount of every pot.

Life Powders and such can be a good deal, but they are inversely affected by in-battle regeneration (25% effective). Still, they help while the charm recharges, or to avoid any charm usage depending on damage taken.

Three points:

- You get potions as loot drops. Lots of them. In fact, combined with life powder, my barb has only had to buy potions once. This reduces their price in your calculation, since they sell to a vendor for half what they cost to buy. If you have alts, you can transfer potions to the class which needs it. e.g. Send the mp potions your barb gets to your cleric, and send the hp potions your cleric gets to your barb.

- The classes which use hp potions a lot tend to have a lot of hp. The classes which use mp potions a lot tend to have a lot of mp. So most of the time you get the full effect of the potion, not never as you suggest.

- If you use a potion while meditating, you double their effectiveness. (The corollary being if you use a potion in combat, it's only 25% as effective.) If you're grinding, you shouldn't be doing anything excessively risky, so you should be able to regen hp/mp while sitting most of the time to maximize your return on each potion.

Combined, I reckon these points mean the 1.2 hp per coin you calculate for potions is actually closer to around 4.8 hp per coin. The only use I can see for charms is for emergencies, for zhen groups, and if you're willing to pay $$$ to save time.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Buy feathers and sources. Set them up in a shop in Lost City individually and price them at about 50-100k each. Label your shop as "Battle Pets."

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
    edited January 2009
    1m in grinding for 1 hour? damn, i want your skillz!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Another good way to make coin. Play a Veno up to level 40-50ish. Take time out to learn Pet Respawn times each week, take 5 minutes a day to try to catch one. Tada Instant coin if you get it. Also.. for some preason.. Venos make a lot of money. I grinded with my friend for two hours tonight and came out with 300k.

Also, go with what others are saying . . . Charms really, really save money. A lot of money.

Also, farm any mines you see around you. Get enough and you can sell that stuff for some good coin. Especially from lazy, loaded Venos like myself. I'd rather buy mats then farm them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    PK red names during your travels & use or auction any good dropsb:laugh
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    or you can role like i do and sleep with shnuggles and get free zhen!

edit: my 500th post, thanks to shnuggles for making this possible

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Buy feathers and sources. Set them up in a shop in Lost City individually and price them at about 50-100k each. Label your shop as "Battle Pets."

b:chuckle

I say those being selled at 2k each? How on earth is anybody going to pay 50k for that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    - You get potions as loot drops. Lots of them. In fact, combined with life powder, my barb has only had to buy potions once. This reduces their price in your calculation, since they sell to a vendor for half what they cost to buy.
    That's true, but I don't agree with "lots of them." In the past, I've had to purchase around 100 MP and HP pots every so many levels. In the early levels, it was around every 10 levels. More recently, it's been every 2 levels. This is all beside what I get as drops. Besides, you do get half, and selling them gets you more money you could spend on the charms.
    - The classes which use hp potions a lot tend to have a lot of hp. The classes which use mp potions a lot tend to have a lot of mp. So most of the time you get the full effect of the potion, not never as you suggest.
    I never suggested "never." If you do have a charm (for backup purposes), you have to 'fight' the automatic function with pots. By that, I mean having to hit a pot before your health hits halfway or your mana reaches 75%. If you hit it too soon, you waste most of the potion as I mentioned. If you hit it too late, you waste all of the potion as the charm kicks in. If you don't have a charm at all, then you're right. However, it is risky to go without a charm at higher levels.
    - If you use a potion while meditating, you double their effectiveness. (The corollary being if you use a potion in combat, it's only 25% as effective.) If you're grinding, you shouldn't be doing anything excessively risky, so you should be able to regen hp/mp while sitting most of the time to maximize your return on each potion.
    While true, that is a fairly useless function of pots. Regaining mana/health is most needed in battle. If you're out of battle, and you have time to meditate, then it's pretty pointless to use pots. We're talking money-saving techniques here, right? If you're advocating using pots as purely a meditation-assistant, then I'm with ya if your time is that worthwhile. But then, simply getting a charm and letting it kick in while you never stop to meditate would be even more worthwhile.
    Combined, I reckon these points mean the 1.2 hp per coin you calculate for potions is actually closer to around 4.8 hp per coin. The only use I can see for charms is for emergencies, for zhen groups, and if you're willing to pay $$$ to save time.
    4.8 per coin? No. The potions you find only cover about half the total used pots, and each of those are at half price (not free, as you could sell them). so that adds .3 to the cost = 1.5. That puts them at about even. After that, there are other benefits and costs - pots double effectiveness during meditation (out of battle, not in air or water), but can lose out in 'over-healing.' What's left? Charms are immediate and automatic. Pots... well that's it.

So, charms are slightly better in functionality, but equal in price-for-HP or -MP. Again, that's also if you purchase at 400k each. You can usually find them cheaper, and if charm packs ever come back, they'll be even cheaper.