What's second to Veno?

Alegar - Sanctuary
Alegar - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
For solo leveling? I don't mind group questing but I like a character that's pretty self reliant so if I just wanna hop on and grind/quest for a bit and not deal with anyone i can. What character would be a good choice for that? I started this BM to be more of a dex based sword fighter as an alt, but i grew tired of my veno by lvl 34, so I am moving him in more of an axe build now. I like group dungeons too but it seems like all classes here have a pretty good place in groups.

Will my BM give me what I am looking for or do I need to think about another class?
Post edited by Alegar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Blademaster seems a good choice for you yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would say cleric. They kill mobs faster than a bm, and can self buff, although they do have minor trouble around level 24.
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    After 60, blademaster is the best solo class, if you can afford the charms to solo aoe. Or you can duo with an EP to waste less heiro (saving money) -- they're not hard to find, considering the rate of EPs to WRs on this server.
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    For solo leveling? I don't mind group questing but I like a character that's pretty self reliant so if I just wanna hop on and grind/quest for a bit and not deal with anyone i can. What character would be a good choice for that? I started this BM to be more of a dex based sword fighter as an alt, but i grew tired of my veno by lvl 34, so I am moving him in more of an axe build now. I like group dungeons too but it seems like all classes here have a pretty good place in groups.

Will my BM give me what I am looking for or do I need to think about another class?

Dex base BM will do just fine and are deadly in PVP, especially when he is demon BM but set back if that you will be lack of spark. With 120 dex at L100, you do well in PvP, at 200 dex at L100, you are a killer in PvP
  • DeOso - Lost City
    DeOso - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would say cleric. They kill mobs faster than a bm, and can self buff, although they do have minor trouble around level 24.

True, but they burn mana like no man's business.
    SERIOUSLY.

I would recommend BM. If you really wanna be a beast at solo leveling, then go for the axe, otherwise sword is just fine.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Archers are very capable and fast levelers once they reach 30+. Due to their massive range, they can kill air mobs quite easily, which give 1.5x exp compared to land mobs. Full dex archers are also able to kill mobs close to their level without even letting the mob reach the archer, given enough space between them to start with.

Another option, as everyone has mentioned, is rolling blademaster. Axe blademasters have powerful aoes, which can be used to easily aoe grind physical attack mobs. One of the popular bm builds is having 3 str each level for axes and enough dex for spears, while everything else goes into vit. In this sense:

Axe --> Aoe for grinding and Territory Wars
    Spears --> Single PvP or PK
  • Alegar - Sanctuary
    Alegar - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have been playing around with a cleric also...I really do enjoy the cleric and he will prolly be my alt. Axe bm seems to be the way to go as this is my first character I need a class I enjoy and will be good a solo grinding/farming. I'm on a pve server while swords may be that great in 1 vs 1 pvp that's not really what I am looking for in a character. So axe BM seems to be what I am looking for since Veno kinda got stale for me.

Cleric is fun be the one I'm messing around with as an alt chews through mana and bronze MP charms like crazy. He solos real well but unless the mana usage drastically changes later on he just don't really seem to be the cash maker I am looking for in a main character.

Thanks for the info. axe BM seems to be for me.

One other question....does axe aoe grinding pay off pretty good money wise after 60?
  • Rianya - Heavens Tear
    Rianya - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would actually suggest a heavy veno...they do damage like a BM but they also save you cause you can have a meat shield...I would recommend that if you wanna do a veno. All you do is put enough magic in to use your weapons up until you get lvl 3 weapons...dunno if you want something like that though...
    Just love me and fear me like the terrifying **** goddess that I am and all will be well.
    -
    Chars/Servers
    Rianya/Veno/Lvl. 32/Heavens Tear
    Halliana/BM/Lvl. 7/Heavens Tear
    NekoiReyane/Assassin/Lvl. 16/Heavens Tear