Petition for charm packs and Info on why they are gone

_hotep_ - Sanctuary
_hotep_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
Here is the link to the PWI announcement of 'PERMANENT' charm packs

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/thanksgiving-quest-and-black-friday-sale-565
Finally, for our value-minded players, we are introducing permanent new additions to our boutique in the form of Charm Packs and the New Player Pack. These value-priced bundles are perfect for the bulk purchaser looking to save some gold as well as the new player curious to sample a variety of our most useful cash shop items. The following bundle packs are now available:
Gold Guardian Pack
Gold Spirit Pack
Bronze Guardian Pack
Bronze Spirit Pack

I encourage all PWI gamers to reply and join in my protest for more information and a REAL explanation for removing the charm packs.

Xarfox what is your explanation for telling us one thing then doing another? PWI said they were permanent and as you can see many players use them. Why take them out?

At the least we, your loyal customers, deserve some kind of explanation. I for one am waiting with open ears to hear what it is. I love playing PWI but I do not appreciate anyone who says one thing and then does another.

Another curious thing is that the New Player Packs were introduced at the same time and yet they are still in the game. Why is that?

I look forward, as do many others I am sure, to hearing an explanation. We deserve more than:
All Charm Packs have been removed from the boutique. More details coming soon.
Post edited by _hotep_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ballsy
    ballsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please bring them back.

I have a stand selling charms at Gold pack prices when they're now worth a lot more and I'm stuck at work and powerless to do anything b:cry
  • Law - Lost City
    Law - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Uh oh, PWI just got caught b:shutup
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I bet the answer will be like usual "We can't discuss it" or something along those lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strikersonic - Heavens Tear
    Strikersonic - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Why GMS why u do this to us DX
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let me start off by saying that our Charm Packs have been a very successful addition to our Cash Shop and therefore it would be in 'our' best interest to make these bundles available again to our members as soon as possible.

The truth of the matter is that due to some technical issues (semi related to the issues with closing all Christmas events simultaneously) we needed to pull these products for (what we hope is) a short duration.

Please bear with us as we iron out the issues related to these Packs.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Don't worry, they always make mistakes or add unannounced features to the game on patch days.

But at least they changed the patch notes to remove the word 'permanent.'
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Baffles me on how cash shop items can be related hugely to a non cash shop event. But oh well, hope they come back soon. At least we got an explanation this time. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Don't worry, they always make mistakes or add unannounced features to the game on patch days.

But at least they changed the patch notes to remove the word 'permanent.'

that is freakin horrible, lets just remove evidence we lied la di da
    makes me think or good ole nixon
  • Fiery - Lost City
    Fiery - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    due to some technical issues (semi related to the issues with closing all Christmas events simultaneously) we needed to pull these products for (what we hope is) a short duration.

more lies please, i love it. Way to change the patch notes to remove permanent from it.

The refusal to release chienkun stones is also another way to force you to use expensive dragon orbs people.

their greediness knows no bound.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    With the packs, charms are a reasonable 300k for a gold, a price so good that everyone spams them.
    Now that the packs are gone, gold charms will be 420k+, probably higher yet.

If they really changed the patch notes (too lazy to look) to remove/hide the fact that it did indeed say PERMANENT ADDITION TO THE CASH SHOP, that's incredibly lame, and hints that it was a marketing ploy to get people addicted to the game since the one thing everyone wanted most was cheaper charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If they really changed the patch notes (too lazy to look) to remove/hide the fact that it did indeed say PERMANENT ADDITION TO THE CASH SHOP, that's incredibly lame, and hints that it was a marketing ploy to get people addicted to the game since the one thing everyone wanted most was cheaper charms.
    They did, wish i took a screenshot. I checked when this topic was first posted and it was there. Then waited for a GM to reply to know what would happen, dvorak posted, then someone said it was removed, i went to check, it had no more "permanent" word.

Anyway, i simply wont buy gold charms anymore. 3 gold was a reasonable price, 4 gold is too high.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Bleh.....I hope these come back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • soulraven
    soulraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have used these packs before and the come in real handy in the game. I think I might be able to accept that something with the patch went wrong. However, I do not like the fact that YOU attempted to Cover it up with an alteration to the patch notes. PWI is my very first mmo and honestly I love this game. I have found an awesome guild that supports one another. I don't want to leave this game but if an solutionb:angry does not present itself soon i may have to move on. And Richard Nixion could take a lesson from you guys.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    more lies please, i love it. Way to change the patch notes to remove permanent from it.

The refusal to release chienkun stones is also another way to force you to use expensive dragon orbs people.

their greediness knows no bound.

More lies, More greed. PWE FTL. Well, this game has few more days to run~
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    now the gold charm price are like 420k+ b:angry
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silenthunter
    silenthunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    mecurial wrote: »
    now the gold charm price are like 420k+ b:angry

Hmmm... I can still see 350k in Heaven's Tear...
  • XxDOGGYxX - Sanctuary
    XxDOGGYxX - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't spend much money in game, thats the whole point of playing PW...or so i thought.
    When i say i don't spend much what i mean is in three months ive spent maybe 200$
    Not to bad considering game hours logged.
    With out the charm packs the Gold charms are WAY overpriced
    Hell the entire cash shop is completely overpriced
    The packs were about the only way to make it ALMOST worth it, without i will NEVER buy ANYTHING from cashshop again.
  • _hotep_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I am very disappointed to say the least I have STILL not gotten a reply from Xarfox about this that makes any sense. I am going to see if they put the charm packs back in tonight after the maintenence. If they dont I will encourage ALL people who feel as I do to LEAVE PWI for the game Edited. I cannot stand being lied to. I have worked hard to get to level 81 and I refuse to buy any more cash shop items. I wont even go into how much money I have spent in the cash shop. I dont mind supporting a game if it is a good one. At this point I do not think PW is a good one. Bring back the charm packs or I WILL go to Edited permanently. BTW yes I run WiccanWay guild all 140+ members and I will encourage each and everyone of them to leave PW if this does not get fixed.

I am VERY UPSET that WE WERE LIED TO!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    _hotep_ please do not discuss other mmos on these forums as through that you are breaking forumrules.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Werian - Sanctuary
    Werian - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hotep read patch notes before you start raging in the forum. They clearly say that charm packs are coming back
    ~I'm standing in shadows looking how new heroes to rise and how old ones fall like me, long forgotten, waiting people to remember them. If only I would have strength to rise again~
  • tiga
    tiga Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am very disappointed to say the least I have STILL not gotten a reply from Xarfox about this that makes any sense. I am going to see if they put the charm packs back in tonight after the maintenence. If they dont I will encourage ALL people who feel as I do to LEAVE PWI for the game Edited. I cannot stand being lied to. I have worked hard to get to level 81 and I refuse to buy any more cash shop items. I wont even go into how much money I have spent in the cash shop. I dont mind supporting a game if it is a good one. At this point I do not think PW is a good one. Bring back the charm packs or I WILL go to Edited permanently. BTW yes I run WiccanWay guild all 140+ members and I will encourage each and everyone of them to leave PW if this does not get fixed.

I am VERY UPSET that WE WERE LIED TO!

Me and my guildies are very upset about this too. We all stop shopping at cash shop now. Doing business shouldn't like this. I think we need a official explanation. Also, if PWI didn't bring it back anytime soon, I will request the refund of zhen I have charged, because you took out the product I was planning to buy.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Um it clearly says there is no refund last time I checked.

Edit:
    ok I look it up

From the support section you get
    "Is ZEN refundable?
    ZEN is not refundable or transferable.
    Please refer to the ZEN section in the Terms of Service for more details. "

Then from the section 16 FEES on the ToS we get

"PWE may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in game activities on the Website and may allow the purchase of in game "points" that may be applied to the purchase of in game items or activities ("Zen") ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON. ZEN HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. PWE may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement its fees, billing methods and terms applicable to Zen or to any purchases on the Website, and post those changes in these Terms, in separate Terms of Sale or in other terms or agreements posted on the Website or otherwise provided to you by PWE. Such modifications, amendments, supplements or Terms of Sale shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Website and shall be incorporated by reference into these Terms. If any change is unacceptable to you, you may cancel your account at any time"

It also says
    "If you claim a chargeback for any reason, we have the right to investigate and dispute such chargeback. If we believe that your chargeback requirement is spurious, unreasonable, or invalid, we may take the dispute to court. If your chargeback is deemed invalid, you agree to pay for all fees and costs resulting from the disputed chargeback, including but is not limited to legal fees and expenses, damages, monies lost due to non-operation, and chargeback fees."

If they 'investigate' then this will most likely turn out in favor of PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Dulcamara - Lost City
    Dulcamara - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Let me start off by saying that our Charm Packs have been a very successful addition to our Cash Shop and therefore it would be in 'our' best interest to make these bundles available again to our members as soon as possible.

The truth of the matter is that due to some technical issues (semi related to the issues with closing all Christmas events simultaneously) we needed to pull these products for (what we hope is) a short duration.

Please bear with us as we iron out the issues related to these Packs.

Shut up and wait for them to be returned.
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    moving to Cash Shop Huddle.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Bush also said the war in Iraq would be over quick and easy.
  • _hotep_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009

Perhaps YOU LIKE BEING LIED TO but I dont! Dont tell me to shut up! I have every right to call a spade a spade if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend it is 1960 you go right ahead, but I will not.

I have EVERY RIGHT to be DISSATISFIED.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Perhaps YOU LIKE BEING LIED TO but I dont! Dont tell me to shut up! I have every right to call a spade a spade if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend it is 1960 you go right ahead, but I will not.

I have EVERY RIGHT to be DISSATISFIED.

You have no right to be so aggressive and offensive tho.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I see the charm packs are still absent from the boutique despite an update that includes a sale on orbs. As a programmer I know there are no technical glitches so severe that the packs could not have been replaced or recreated by now. It is insultingly clear that we have been conned, flimflammed, double dealt, duped... you choose...
    Patience and restraint have lost their value. It is now time to call for the harassment of GMs in game. Whenever you see a GM, whisper him, waste his time, force him to give you an explanation for the packs deletion. If they do post it here please. If they shrug you off with a curt answer then keep pestering. Post the names of GMs here so we can all whisper them. Send his name to your friends and have them whisper him too. If PWi has decided that deceit is their marketing tool than we must make it economically prudent for them to come clean. Boycott and flames have had no effect. Lets step it up.

One in game GM told a friend that the charm packs will not be back. Don't know if this is true. Can't trust them any more than the official announcements here.

PS. Sorry Moderator if this sounds threatening but please understand our position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    One in game GM told a friend that the charm packs will not be back. Don't know if this is true. Can't trust them any more than the official announcements here.

So far there hasn't been one proven trustworthy person working for the company, but such is life. Harassing the GM's is just going to get you banned, it's not going to get back what they said was permanent and then edited the announcement to cover up the lie. Then a blow-off excuse with no real details and no ETA or even the common courtesy to keep us up to date on the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So far there hasn't been one proven trustworthy person working for the company, but such is life.
    I'm not prepared to go that far. I have received a seemingly sincere response from aryannamage, a moderator. Unfortunately, it would appear that she too is treated as a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed ****). It may well be that there are only a few higher company individuals who truly know what is happening and they are shielded behind a staff they prefer to keep ignorant. Some companies are deliberately structured this way. Chances are most of the GMs and moderators are good people put in difficult positions. My point is not that we badger them so severely that they find some cause to ban anyone. We are entitled to ask legitimate questions about in-game issues. The supposedly temporary removal of charm packs is a real technical issue deserving a GMs response and since none has yet been given it is totally legitimate to ask. By having many ask we stand a chance of sending a message to the sheltered big-wigs that it is in their best interest to offer more complete and honest information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]