Save a life, adopt a newb.

Deadbone - Sanctuary
Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
For the next few weeks, there will be an Adopt-A-Newb event. Designed to help some of Sanctuary's newest players get the hang of the game! The goal is to match up each willing to learn newb with a willing to teach experienced playerb:victory Then for the next few weeks, teach them everything you know, ask them to join your guild, show them around their first dungeon and cultivation. Basically just try to get them into the game and as addicted as we are. Now this event is really for the sake of the community, but there will be a few small prizes. Each mentor that participates will be entered in a raffle to win one of the prizes.

The planned date to start the event will be 24th of January. I will match up mentors with newbs (randomly) in a later post. Please post here if u are willing to learn or mentor.

If you aren't a people person, but still want to help out the community, feel free to donate items to the raffle, or advertise the event in world chat.b:thanks

Please only post in this thread if you are serious about this, and leave out any flaming of any kind.b:bye
Post edited by Deadbone - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Here they are! I moved some people to being taught rather than mentor, as at lvl 30 you still have a lot to learn.
    Matchups:
    Mentor: Newb:
    Psihi Softsoap
    HolyInferno LhRag
    Nayiro Arkathos
    Deathsscion Atraizu
    JeranTirea AlanAthenna
    Ferril GaiaLiger
    Astrelle Girofalcon
    Wolfengard Argurotuxos
    Shiga Demondude
    Argentias Azlin
    NaoShimai TatsuMitsuki
    If you cant get in touch with your partner feel free to pm me or post on forums.
    In one week from now, please send me mail in game with your review of you partner.
    Raffle Winner will be announced next Friday.
    Thanks all and have fun!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think this deserves a sticky. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psihi - Sanctuary
    Psihi - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hm... very interesting.Sure il adopt an archer at teach him the ropes.b:victory
    With my knowledge he will hit 80 in 1.5-2months if he plays allot.b:angry
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sign me up, I guess. Blademaster or venomancer is fine. =o
    As a nubby of course. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm not as high of a level as the rest of you all, but I would be willing to help out any new players.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    sign me up >.>
    Just let them know thta i can only play during weekends.

Preferably blademasters >.>
    Back.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ME! although the whole invite into your faction part is a bit iffy, seeing as that is not up to me.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    ME! although the whole invite into your faction part is a bit iffy, seeing as that is not up to me.

Just a mere suggestion.b:victory
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BTW what are the prizes?
    >.>
    Back.
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can add me. Also are you going to post a list or PM us ingame to tell us you we are paired with?
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What items are we talking about donating?
    I'm not really in a position to mentor or be taught, but I would like to help somehow...

I can donate some coin to buy items with however. How would I go around doing this?
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    You can add me. Also are you going to post a list or PM us ingame to tell us you we are paired with?
    I will post a list on this thread, as well as pm you ingame to check up on things. b:laugh
    What items are we talking about donating?
    I'm not really in a position to mentor or be taught, but I would like to help somehow...

I can donate some coin to buy items with however. How would I go around doing this?

Coins, any type of reward. You can either mail it to me, or wait untill i announce the winners and personally mail it to them.b:victory
  • miollvynir
    miollvynir Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would love to participate in this! I just got this game working yesterday, and I'm pretty psyched about it. I'd love to learn more about it, so sign me up!
  • TatsuMitsuki - Sanctuary
    TatsuMitsuki - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is level 46 high enough to look after a beginner? If so I am more than happy to show new Wizards the path to blowing things up effectively. b:pleased
  • jeran
    jeran Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well, I am GMT+9 here, but if u can find a noob cleric who can be on when I am on (7pm-1am here 2am-8amPST), I would love to help.

IGN: JeranTirea lvl 7x Cleric
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You should add as a rule that the newbies are required to have Read The Fckng Documentation ( hit L ingame )
  • Wolfengard - Sanctuary
    Wolfengard - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Nice idea, it sounds great. Just one question, will the mentors activity be monitored? And how about the mentors' and students' time zones? the mentor can't teach if their student is sleeping or off to school/work and vice versa.

I'll think about joining this event as a mentor, I like helping newbie archers, as soon as I clear up things with my character.
  • chengster
    chengster Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sign me up!

Archer or BM is fine by me. I'm on pretty frequently so time zone shouldn't be too big of an issue.

My in-game character: Lee_Hyori (lvl 68 archer)
  • Ferril - Sanctuary
    Ferril - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    DUN DO IT ITS A TRICK >.>

lol jk :P

sign me up lol
  • legenderydragoon
    legenderydragoon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i would be up to mentor someone i will be in the game as killerdart
  • Argentias - Sanctuary
    Argentias - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You can sign me up^^

I'd prefer an archer since I am one, but I think I could handle a veno too. XP
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'll do it =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Ive noticed a problem, we have a bunch of mentors...
    But no one that wants to learnb:chuckle
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ive noticed a problem, we have a bunch of mentors...
    But no one that wants to learnb:chuckle

my best suggestion is to pool some money together, get some horns and advertise in WC. It will catch enough attention im sure ( although i foresee a bit of flaming(? dont know if i used that term right since i suck lol)). I will donate some when i find some, just remind me (or for those who have alot of them, use it yourselves to advertise and direct to DeadBone)

Suggestion:

"New players! Looking for guidance in game? Mentor program in development! Please contact DeadBone for imformation."

-idk if that'll fit but you get the idea
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Argentias - Sanctuary
    Argentias - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    We could also do several (or just one) squads in each of the starter villages. I know when I just started the game I didn't really pay much attention to the WC, since I didn't know what it was. Nor did I know how to whisper some one till later. XD

If the squad idea is used then the leader of those respective squads could keep in contact with DeadBone.

Just an idea^^
  • Softsoap - Sanctuary
    Softsoap - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hi. I would love a mentor, i just started this game :P im a level 5 archer currently and would love to learn. I heard archers kill super fast :)
  • OtohaYuudai - Sanctuary
    OtohaYuudai - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sure, I'd love to help out. If at all possible I'd like to get a Blademaster or a Cleric. Those are the only two classes I'm thoroughly familiar with. In the end I'm open to help anyone, though.
    Pants are an illusion. And so is death.
  • AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary
    AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'd love to help since I like helping newbies whenever I can (and as a cleric, help other clerics on their boss fights and though quests) but I guess I'm too low-level to do it; I'm sure I have some coins and even a couple of celestones, etc. I could part with as prizes, though.
  • Wolfengard - Sanctuary
    Wolfengard - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    We'll I have a few suggestions, let's not advertise for newbies in wc. Cuz 80% of them don't really pay attention to it. Probably from many distractions, such as quests, new environment, or the flying feature at lvl one (for elves). The advertising will of course work on gathering more mentors.

I think it's best to go and wait at the starter villages or the major cities and offer our help to them directly. That way we can get more results.
    Anyway, just my suggestion. I have no problem with HolyInferno's wc idea.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have another suggestion:

if i'd log in first time (being adult player) and I see player in shiny armor before me saying "Hello I'm here to help you."

"Of course" I'd say "Let's go and show me everything"

not

I don't know my controls yet. I don't know what my skills are and what they do. He probably will not resist temptation of hurrying me up though i like read help manual in my own pace and tempo. The things would be- Yes I need guidance but I don't even have the questions yet.

When i reach Etherblade what's on chat?
    "How can i jump?" "Where's smith?" "where can I get pickaxe?"

dozens of questions from new players who don't know answers yet but have already learned what to ask for. Soon i'll get a few of my own.

So this is (Ether, Lost, Plume) where the real mentoring should (and does) take place. It would be good if it is as recognizable as catshop districts (we see from afar where they are don't we?).

So one of possible solution for mentors is when you plan your game- an hour grinding, another for quest and crazy stone etc, also plan to "take a shift" in the building or feature that exist in all 3 cities. bring a friend to keep you company. Talk in open channel in friendly manner I'm sure it will rise attention soon. And mention in your conversation about mentor program. I'm rather positive first new players come to check you out soon enough.

Of course it may all go totally differently but, that's how I view one possible solution to get the program going.

Edit: and another thing- don't duel when on duty. it's fun and you're strong and it will help to kill the time but it will give your "corner of wisdom" a totally false image as "corner for duel tournament" or smth.
    And you will probably get few challenges, since hi-level gathering will attract attention of other bored hi- levelers. deny them respectfully or move over to the dueling area