Poleaxe ok?

bakare
bakare Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
I always loved poleaxe which made me choose the Axe path on my BM (still lvl 13), specially our stun/AoE skills. But I'm worried cause too many people are boasting that Dual axes/Dual hammers are the best. So my question is:

How bad are the Poleaxe type weapons in the endgame?

Would squads or Factions think twice on inviting me if I tell them I don't want to use dual axe/hammers most of the time (I "would" but I'm prioritizing Poleaxe)?
Post edited by bakare on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    poleaxe and dual axe/hammer are the same thing.
    Back.
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Polaxe is an axe weapon, so heres what i have to say.

Axes are the best leveling for BMs, as they have a multitude of AoEs and are the fastest levelers.

They are the second best 1v1 class, and the best for TW because the AoEs damage multiple people, and they have the most stuns of any Bm.

They are probably the best BM build for most situations, and is a good choice.

As said, they are the same as dual axes, and you should use them if you like them.
  • VanKaizer - Heavens Tear
    VanKaizer - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Most of the Axe/hammer build BMs I've seen mainly used dual axes. And i've had numbers people recomending dual axe for me. Some even told me getting polearm is just a waste. If poleaxe and dual-axe or hammers are the same, then why do most axe BMs have dual-axes? Sorry for the trouble.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dual axes hits harder but they're slower however it's not going to matter since axers spam skills to do their damage.

I think the TT100 axe is a poleaxe, so if you can get there you get to use poleaxe again. Most TT axes are dual axes though, so you'll have to use them one way or another.
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    bakare wrote: »
    I always loved poleaxe which made me choose the Axe path on my BM (still lvl 13), specially our stun/AoE skills. But I'm worried cause too many people are boasting that Dual axes/Dual hammers are the best. So my question is:

How bad are the Poleaxe type weapons in the endgame?

Would squads or Factions think twice on inviting me if I tell them I don't want to use dual axe/hammers most of the time (I "would" but I'm prioritizing Poleaxe)?

Depend on what your liking.

Axe has more utilities and seen to be the best choice to couple with spear for PvP or fist or PVE. Problem is Axe has worst accuracy, so you will need item to increase your accuracy such as Mizty ring from fb 79
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dual axes hits harder but they're slower however it's not going to matter since axers spam skills to do their damage.

Not entirely true. All of your skills do damage based on your single strike damage. So while in auto-attack, there wouldnt be a difference in overall damage over time. But for skill spamming damage, since the Cool downs are the same whether you have a faster lower hitting weapon or slower harder hitting weapon, but you're skills will do more damage, Dual Axe has greater damage output. Basically you're looking for a weapon choice with the highest single hit damage, which gives your special skills the highest damage output. That is why Dual Axe is the preference (there are no Dual Hammers in 60+ TT weapons, if there were that would be a viable choice as well).