Low Damage?

hype
hype Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Barbarian
Barbarian:

Class Summary
Barbarians have evolved from tigers, lions, and other bestial hunters. Fortified for melee combat, the Untamed Barbarian is a natural-born warrior on the battlefield, and is most comfortable taking hits and returning the punishment. These fighters also have plenty of powerful spells at their disposal and can shapeshift into tiger form.
Type: Melee, Tank
Available Weapons: Dual Sword, Dual Blade, Blade, Sword, Scythe, Spear, Club, Poleaxe, Sledgehammer, Dual Handaxes, Dual Hammer, Iron Fist, Sharp Edge
Comments: Highest Physical Defense, Low Damage

I'm now referring to the comments part, where it says Low Damege. Is this supposed to be low damage taken or low damage done to the enemy?
Post edited by hype on

Comments

• Sminerbarb - Heavens Tear
    Sminerbarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    both.. but its totaly worth it wen u get to around lvl 20 u start doing a lil more damage
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes, they mean both. Keep in mind that the barb is created for tank purpose: You need to take all possible hits, so mages/archers/BM can do the damage.

You must also keep in mind the trueform skill. It increases hp and phys def, but lowers you attack.

Till lvl 20 or so, your damage will be really bad, mostly because of your lack of accuracy. When you pass lvl 20, you'll be using the trial poleaxe from the fb19 which has a accuracy bonus, and then you'll look for more accuracy gear. From then on you'll a bit less often (but still a lot).
  • MeatShielder - Sanctuary
    MeatShielder - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Personally i've found a skill rotation that actually greatly improves a barbarians dmg output.basically, keep flesh ream up for the DoT, i use spark eruption quite a bit, though i use bestial rage to offset the amount of chi it uses. spark eruption improves damage by leaps and bounds. i can do regular melee on mobs my lvl for like, 600-700. And dont forget to throw in any skills that dont use chi, or else you'll run out rediculously fast.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Personally i've found a skill rotation that actually greatly improves a barbarians dmg output.basically, keep flesh ream up for the DoT, i use spark eruption quite a bit, though i use bestial rage to offset the amount of chi it uses. spark eruption improves damage by leaps and bounds. i can do regular melee on mobs my lvl for like, 600-700. And dont forget to throw in any skills that dont use chi, or else you'll run out rediculously fast.

Thats true, use (1) spark eruption as and when u can. However past levels 59 you get some uber skills that require 2 sparks and I usually tend to save sparks to use those in case of emergency.
    For e.g. at my level, if you aggro any mobs, other than the one you are attacking, they start magical attacks (and those hurt).

But despite all of this our attacks are still quite weak. When I can hit normal damage of about 1.2k on a mob and my crit goes upto 4k, a cleric my same lvl hits 3-5k normal and can have crits going past 7-10k. Wizzies have been known to reach like 20k crits. So damage wise we hit a lot less and take longer to kill.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MeatShielder - Sanctuary
    MeatShielder - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yeah definetly, i'll probably slack up on the eruptions too when i get those skills, but for now im only lvl 38