Confused on one thing

cheaboie
cheaboie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Cleric
Hey i was reading a guide on clerics and got confused on this :

"[3.1.5. Pure MAG Magic Armor] Yes, this leaves just 1 viable option. To maximize your damage to the
fullest extent, every build other than Pure MAG is a waste. Your low physical defense and HP will not be a
problem here, because unlike the wizards, the cleric’s protective skills can let you survive easily on a
purely offensive build. What’s more, by skipping all heals you’ll have saved enough SP to max these skills
at a very early level already. In grinding, no mob is strong enough to reduce your HP fast enough before
your massive HoT kicks in again - in PvP, you can easily sleep the enemy and take your time to debuff
before smashing him with full power - and in dungeon parties, you can simply put up plume shell when
the situation gets critical. If played correctly, this is the only build that has virtually no weaknesses."

Now from that what armor do they say to use and does that mean i put all my skill points into mag? Also P,S.- Can clerics kill wizzies?
Post edited by cheaboie on

Comments

• Spellbind - Lost City
    Spellbind - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Clerics destroy most wizzies....

The pure magic build uses arcane armor. You put all into magic but on every even lvl put 1 strength 4 magic.

ex. On a new cleric put 4 magic 1 strength at lvl 2, 5 magic at lvl 3, and again 4 magic and 1 strength at lvl 4. Basically, 1 strength every other level and everything else into magic.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    cleric is <(^.^)> wizard is ('.'(_o_)

clerics own coz they got magic and physical attacks
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Spellbind - Lost City
    Spellbind - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The downside to that is if you want to be an attack cleric(nuker) you'll have to get used to getting one hitted a lot. The only way a cleric is a good attacker is if you use the pure magic build which leaves you with very low hp and physical defense. With a wizard, you can go with a light armor build and still be able to do massive amounts of damage. A wizard is also argueably much better at TW thanks to a wide range of elemental and AoE attacks while clerics have physical and metal only. In a 1 on 1 battle between a wizard and a cleric though, the cleric will usually win.

On the upside, a full attack cleric will have the advantage of quick channeling healing spells for use in grinding as well as buffs. Wizards must get used to meditating and dieing a lot while grinding mobs.
  • Ryocean - Lost City
    Ryocean - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just got a feeling the Full Attack Clerics are quiet versatile
  • Aavery - Lost City
    Aavery - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I just got a feeling the Full Attack Clerics are quiet versatile
    They are, I am a support cleric my self but I have a friend who is a FAC. He does amazing damage and they only mobs he has trouble with is metal. Also he can be a back up healer with bosses. FAC does good in pvp aswell but an archer can desrtoy any cleric.
    cheaboie: You will be wearing robes, you could go light armor for the extra physical deff. (you will have to put 1str 1dex 3mag every level do not put any into vit you will not have enough str or dex to wear armor your level or enough mag to use weapons your level) but personally I think putting light armor cleric is useless, it will gimp you to much lowering your attack and your healing power.
  • Ryocean - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    They are, I am a support cleric my self but I have a friend who is a FAC. He does amazing damage and they only mobs he has trouble with is metal.

About the metal mobs - I am not sure but I think you can get around that with Dimensional Seat and Plume Shell at the same time.
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009

clerics own coz they got magic and physical attacks

LMAO!!! I love my cleric.

I started as a FSC but then started putting a little extra into attacking. What I found, is sort of a cross. I use arcane armour, but with light armour for things like bracers. They don't require alot of extra strength, but that extra def was nice.

I still have to take it slow when going alone, but the higher I get the easier it gets. Now I just totally hate having to choose which spells to get to make those sp go farther!

Someone taught me something that I have found to be very wise:

There are always options.

So when in a tight spot, just look around and find your options.
  • Aavery - Lost City
    Aavery - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    About the metal mobs - I am not sure but I think you can get around that with Dimensional Seat and Plume Shell at the same time.
    That probably would help out a lot with the de-buff and such. I usually make sure to party with someone who is doing the same quest if I have to fight metal mobs.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    FAC does good in pvp aswell but an archer can desrtoy any cleric.

I have met archers like that, but I am not them.

(I dueled a full support cleric this weekend. Our duel ended in a draw!)

b:chuckle

(I should probably apologize: I am being easily amused, I have never played a cleric, and I know that I am not even on your server)
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It voice down on who attack first in PVP. Wizard has seal skill and can one hit you with that low HP.
  • Divnorum - Lost City
    Divnorum - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Siggy-worthy!
    "cleric is <(^.^)> wizard is ('.'(_o_)" - Mysticlifex
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    XD, cool..
    I personally get bored with a cleric, i just love my archer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • Seilen - Heavens Tear
    Seilen - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    True that archer can own any cleric but only if cleric let him do it.
    But, put 36 second sleep on archer (very fast spell), put 35% magic debuff on archer, cast Tempest and archer is dead as well without being able do a thing.
  • Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im a FAC and the sleep thing is flawed, you must debuff the opponent THEN sleep them, if they are hit with anything while sleeping even debuffs it will wake them, besides the debuff and sleep range is awsome, so just debuff, sleep, if you cant oneshot them use plume shell then tempest

and btw only a sht cleric gets **** by an archer of a close level unless the archer has element of suprise.
  • Ryocean - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    You guys have given me quiete an enthusiasm for my FACK. I will raise his well...