Options
Mystyra - Lost City
Mystyra - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
It has happened to me so many times "Hey I'll tank that!"

"ARCHERS DON'T TANK"

always the same, "I can solo that"
"Archers don't solo"

Actually - yes they can (sorta) XD And me and my friend decided to prove it.

In these screenies you'll see I managed to tank chin, with only the help of a very fast healing cleric the other person there simply needed the quest.

It surprises me that so many people need a squad of level 60+s to kill bosses.

Not saying it's wrong at all, if you find people willing to help that's awesome =D

but I am just saying some of us archers are tough enough to take on a boss with a good enough cleric ;)

I have soloed Dismal shade, I have tanked shade eido. and soloed chin. All I needed was a cleric

I am not saying I am very powerful I am just simply stating it is possible

So if you got Chin or dismal or shade eido, krixxix and you got a spam-healing cleric I am happy to help

;) bring on the archers

P.S Shermie was in squad but wasn't at location ;) But you can see that from the screenie XD

http://www.mystyra.com/img/chin1.bmp

http://www.mystyra.com/img/chin2.bmp

http://www.mystyra.com/img/chin3.bmp

if you want to know what I used

-

Jade Powder - heals 3,000 mana
Small mystery potion - heals 730mana

Jade is optional, but don't JUST have jade because it's cooldown time is looooong

I had small health potion - heals 580hp just incase cleric was behind ;)

I used weapon
bow of the goddess
with falcon feather arrow

was buffed by cleric but armor I was wearing was

War vest of royal tombguard
Glowing Cuisses
glowing boots
ring bracers (...my ones shorten interval between hits... that's why I still have them XD)

;)

Please post and screenies of you archers soloing =D b:dirty
Post edited by Mystyra - Lost City on

Comments

• Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It's not soloing if their is 2 people and one of them is healing you b:chuckle

solo means on your own so no cleric
  • Mystyra - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options

its close enough :P
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    easy to kill those....now go kill kong who can crit 6k dmg to you and say that u dun need actual tank. no way i will get over 6k hp for archer.....
    and ya soloing means no healers
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lol no where near soloing with a cleric

do it without a cleric and a charm then say you soloed :P
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    We can maybe solo with a charm, instead of a cleric, but I think that this thread was really about "tanking" rather than "soloing".

But has anyone noticed if their drops get really bad, when they solo too much? (or maybe if they use too many remedies instead of potions? or maybe if they use non-leveled skills instead of leveled skills? or... i am not sure if i completely understand but sometimes my drops go away almost completely and if i am in a squad i do not get hardly any items except potions with random pickup).
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    solo HH bosses on single b:victory
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Vindictus - Heavens Tear
    Vindictus - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    LOL
    Wow I cant believe someone took time to post that stupidity. LOL.
    b:chuckle
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    cleric was 11 lvls higher...
    but yah i havent thought about chin in a long time usually wizard/cleric can solo actually solo it
    guess its good to know archer+cleric can too, although that cleric could have been able to solo it with right armor
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    pure dex archer at my lvl can solo chin, but still need check hp often, almost died once hehe
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    b:shocked so pro solo krimson eyes for me plox b:shutup
  • Blood_Mist - Lost City
    Blood_Mist - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Archers ARE good for solo and can definitely solo a lot of monsters higher than them or the same lvl without taking much damage.

I'm not gonna lie, archers are good for solo but are NOT MEANT FOR TANKING

If you wanna be a tank make a barbarian

archers are damage dealers and very good for AoE party because of "Barrage of Arrows" but leave the tanking to the barbarians
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There are a few bosses that have long range, which you can duo with a cleric at the same lvl. Suzerix, Chin, Slitt, Slither...MAYBE mantavip. Melee bosses on the other hand will **** you.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There are a few bosses that have long range, which you can duo with a cleric at the same lvl. Suzerix, Chin, Slitt, Slither...MAYBE mantavip. Melee bosses on the other hand will **** you.

ahh thats right those are the ranged ones, also archers are good tanks for the FB 39 bosses (well when the archer is a good bit higher level)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options

Some melee bosses can be handled by an archer.

But my drops from monsters seem to be rather poor when I kite. Especially, when they die from damage over time.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You are wrong...no melee BOSS will be easy to handle unless you are way higher lvl...or talking about Kun Kun..pfft.
    Elites are kitable, and kiting doesn't affect drop rate.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You are wrong...no melee BOSS will be easy to handle unless you are way higher lvl...or talking about Kun Kun..pfft.
    Elites are kitable, and kiting doesn't affect drop rate.

Yes, I was thinking of Elites, and not call of duty bosses.

But something seems to be affecting my drop rate when I kite.

If that was not because of my long "running" delays between my attacks, maybe that was because of my use of "unleveled" skills, or because I tend to not use consumables nor meditate, or maybe some other mechanism...?
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Elite mini bosses don't usually have much drop on anything good in the first place, and it's not like you will go kite a boss that 3 shots you.
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

ok i guess it ent soloing but last night i managed to solo a lvl 101 mob...not the same as a boss, but at lvl55 i was pretty damn happy :P
    altho yes..it WAS pretty hairy at times lol
    my point? YES archers can solo or tank...but id much rather sit back and let the barb take agro :D
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Mystyra - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    my point? YES archers can solo or tank...but id much rather sit back and let the barb take agro :D

Oh yes absolutely, We archers just like to be lazy :O But as long as the mob isn't "in your face" we can usually tank or solo o.o;; But they have to be AOE or ranged usually T_T Nothing like a big whack on the head from Gouf for a ranged fighter ;)
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Some melee bosses can be handled by an archer.
    Um, I tried to solo Kimsa when I was level 86. It hit me 1K +. I had bring a 90 WR with me so we could just kite him around and duo him. With 13k physical def the warrior was still getting hit 600+.

Archers cant solo bosses, and they are not ment to.

"ARCHERS DON'T TANK"

"Archers don't solo"

In these screenies you'll see I managed to tank chin, with only the help of a very fast healing cleric the other person there simply needed the quest.

Not saying it's wrong at all, if you find people willing to help that's awesome =D

but I am just saying some of us archers are tough enough to take on a boss with a good enough cleric ;)

I have soloed Dismal shade, I have tanked shade eido. and soloed chin. All I needed was a cleric

y
    um, obviously you can tank the lowbie bosses if you have a cleric it's really nothing special b:shutup

Try doing 2-3 with an archer b:surrender
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Elite mini bosses don't usually have much drop on anything good in the first place, and it's not like you will go kite a boss that 3 shots you.

If you fight for quest purposes then you do not care about drops.

And I think that "three shot damage" from mini bosses would be ok when you can avoid getting hit three times.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thats not soloing,not even near. Thats duoing it when done with cleric...

True anyway,archers can tank and solo some bosses easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    manta is possible if u are high enough n have an ep healing ya b:chuckle
  • stellarashes
    stellarashes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I solo'd Farng at level 29 on my archer for the cultivation quest... it was a pain though because I had to jump around the building behind him so he couldn't reach me (he ran faster than me and he's a melee boss), and in PW arrows can fly through walls... probably took around 20+ mins (not to mention I had to start over because someone decides to come and hit him, changed aggro, and ran away so he recovered to full hp).
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    Thats not soloing,not even near. Thats duoing it when done with cleric...

But if you can kite adequately, you should not need a cleric. (You can kite elite mini-bosses.)
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    But if you can kite adequately, you should not need a cleric. (You can kite elite mini-bosses.)

Heh wasnt answering to you,was answering to the OP who thought duoing with cleric is soloing.

Sorry for the confusion and true,if you kite well enough and survive couple hits,there's nothing to prevent you to solo anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I solo'd Farng at level 29 on my archer for the cultivation quest... it was a pain though because I had to jump around the building behind him so he couldn't reach me (he ran faster than me and he's a melee boss), and in PW arrows can fly through walls... probably took around 20+ mins (not to mention I had to start over because someone decides to come and hit him, changed aggro, and ran away so he recovered to full hp).

Yeah I soloed him as well at the lvl when I got him with my archer as well as that florafang and birds at the top of the hill next to her XD and yes I ve done it at the lvl I received them they weren t the low bosses for me back then... But I wouldn t be able to tank my fbs or the later cult bosses like fugma, obviously, even barb can t solo them on their lvl and without a cleric... My archer isn t a pure dex built so he can tank lower bosses up to the fugma from cult 49 (except Fugma - this guy kills me in 2 hits b:cry). But the only reason I would tank is if my friend of the lower lvl asked me to help and doesn t have any good tank and I m confident that I can solo that boss, why solo? well I m archer - not a tank, it s not like I can keep aggro very well of a group of mobs from a cleic for example XD, and I met a lower lvl barb for example who rushed to Chin and got the whole group except me killed(including the clerics), so I had to stay alive on charms and pots while the cleric went to town, came back, revived all and only after that started to heal meb :laugh Personally I think archers can solo and "tank" the lower lvl bosses but not more than that especially not at lvls 50+ XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I am sorry, I should not have implied that all bosses could easily be solo'd. I do not solo cultivation bosses. However, I sometimes solo dragon quest mini-bosses.

Everyone needs cultivation bosses, so squads for them can be easy to find.

Finding good squads for challenge quests can be lots harder.
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

"ARCHERS DON'T TANK"

"Archers don't solo"

So if you got Chin or dismal or shade eido, krixxix and you got a spam-healing cleric I am happy to help

;) bring on the archers

P.S Shermie was in squad but wasn't at location ;) But you can see that from the screenie XD

http://www.mystyra.com/img/chin1.bmp

http://www.mystyra.com/img/chin2.bmp

http://www.mystyra.com/img/chin3.bmp

if you want to know what I used

-

Jade Powder - heals 3,000 mana
    Small mystery potion - heals 730mana

Jade is optional, but don't JUST have jade because it's cooldown time is looooong

I had small health potion - heals 580hp just incase cleric was behind ;)

I used weapon
    bow of the goddess
    with falcon feather arrow

was buffed by cleric but armor I was wearing was

War vest of royal tombguard
    Glowing Cuisses
    glowing boots
    ring bracers (...my ones shorten interval between hits... that's why I still have them XD)

;)

Please post and screenies of you archers soloing =D b:dirty

Yeah i complete agree with you and i have a question for elsma im a faction leader like you how do i make a banner like yours and how do i put items and pets on your skill bar i need help with these things and how can you put a skill and when you get the other bar of skills not then like the ones before it i need major help and btw can a lvl 42 archer with a legendary sinister bow solo a fb 19 with a help from a cleric?and how do you take screen shots(or videos) of your game? and how do you post them? i have $30 gift card to gamestop(i dont use it because i now play pw) can $30 get you what i need can a regular webcam take pics of your game plz i need help
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I soloed Qingzi b:victory but i dont have a screenie b:shedtear

archers rule
This discussion has been closed.