What happenning on lost city?

2»

Comments

• Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Basically, although people will use CS items on PvE, the need to do so is minimal and only a small part of the server will actually pay for this.

And your data is based on what? Do you have proof of that at all, or are you just wildly speculating in a desperate attempt to make yourselves appear more important than you are? I tell you what: Most people I know are using the cash shop. Wow! There are tons of needs for it in PvE. You want dolls here just as much as in LC, you burn through charms just as fast and people on a PvE server often love vanity clothing to look better, too. Oh yes, and we grind using XP scrolls, too. Fact is, neither you or I have any hard data, only PWI does.
    And most people who can afford CS, will probably find the game more interesting on PvP.

I just had to quote this, really. I am sure every cash shop user on HT/Sanctuary will continue laughing at this for the whole day. You guys are so full of yourselves, it's unbelievable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Kimyrielle, my data is based on observations of the PvP server since September 5th 2008 and countless conversations with numerous people about how they see CS. I agree that neither you, nor I can bring up 'hard data'. Nor do I claim that you don't use CS. But what you cannot fully comprehend is the need factor which plays a vital role on PvP. On PvE you buy things for fun. Of course, if you have lots of cash to burn, you can go ahead and buy dolls to save you from the XP loss when dying to a mob and also gold HP and MP charms because you're too lazy to sit down and meditate. On PvP, however, you are kind of forced to use CS (although you can make the money in-game and buy gold through the AH, someone must have still bought this gold the traditional way, which is what matters). You have to be competitive. There's no other way. And, as Jrudora put it, the PvP server is about competition, about getting there first, doing things fast and always coming up on top in the end.

And when you have the chance (read money) to compete with other players, the best place you can do that is the PvP server. That's where you'll find people who will be equally competitive and it'll be fun for you to play there and compete with them.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    And your data is based on what? Do you have proof of that at all, or are you just wildly speculating in a desperate attempt to make yourselves appear more important than you are? I tell you what: Most people I know are using the cash shop. Wow! There are tons of needs for it in PvE. You want dolls here just as much as in LC, you burn through charms just as fast and people on a PvE server often love vanity clothing to look better, too. Oh yes, and we grind using XP scrolls, too. Fact is, neither you or I have any hard data, only PWI does.

Even though i don't have any evidence, i still take it for granted that we on Lost City burn a lot more charms and dolls per person that you do.

Sometimes i burn over 20 dolls in ONE day on pvp (bad days <.<). and several 100k on my charm.
    And that's just one day with pvp. then add pve to that.
  • Wulph - Heavens Tear
    Wulph - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    so it all boiled down to the pve vs pvp.

I played mmos where you die you lose everything you currently had on. hardcore pvp games like eve ect. pvp is here to stay and have even boomed more to where they once where.

pvp allows companies to have more time to make pve content. the living proof is World of warcraft which has tons
    TONS of pvp servers that thrive even more than the pve servers. infact the moment they added battle grounds and arenas and added areas for pvp on pve servers, pvp is abundant., you attack a town and people will retaliate ect.

as for the op. have you ever played the 1st year of wow, with the huge conflics in hillbrad and stranglethorn vale. well I have on a pvp server, i got used to rouges comming around and 1 shotting me to do my quests, i had no other choice but to suck it up. now there were times that i would see players my lvl and engage em. pvp is fun.

oh and if you think pkers are bad. the worse are those bullys you get on pve servers. yeah the ones who steal your kills, kill quest mobs to force you out. and you cannot ddo nothing about it. in Horizons which is strictly a pve game, you would have 1 group of people monopolize an area of mobs and couldnt do nothing but get into a verbal war. these type of people exsist in this game to.
    i had bosses stolen from me and my group because a bigger group comes and outdmges us claiming the kill forcing us to wait.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    PvP servers are Cash Shop dependent. You have no choice but to buy dolls and hieros, not counting the items for upgrading your equipment so that maybe you won't use so many dolls and hieros in the long run.

Now which of the servers are more profitable? It wouldn't shock me if Lost City beat Sanctuary or HT seperately. Combined though? Hmmm, it could be a loss or a tie. Frankly, I see it this way: PvP servers spend more per person while PvE servers greatly outnumber PvP. It may balance out. Not that it matters much since any profit is loved by a business, no matter how small. As long as a server is there, we know it's turning out green numbers. $$$
    And most people who can afford CS, will probably find the game more interesting on PvP.

The only saving grace in this statement is the word "probably". I'd put some major emphasis there. Lol. I know several PvE'ers who are Cash Shop whores but love PvE. Me however... if only I could afford the Cash Shop. Yes, I'd be an LC'er then. b:shutup
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    But what you cannot fully comprehend is the need factor which plays a vital role on PvP.

Of course I do, I have played on PK servers in other games, that's when I discovered I didn't like it. And I agree with you that you _need_ dolls on LC and you _need_ charms and XP scrolls to stay on par with other players in terms of level. In PvE, we don't have that strict need to use the CS, true, but we do it anyway, that was my entire point. In the end, money is getting spent, whether it's being spend on a need or on a fun basis isn't important.

There is still no evidence at all you could present, that the average PKer on LC is spending much more cash than the average PvE player, which would allow you to make such a bold statement as "LC attracts the paying part of the game's audience" (keep in mind that only 25%-33% of all PWI players are on LC...). So please, for the sake of being objective, don't go and picture yourselves as the people who pay for the service and the PvEers as the unimportant rest when you have nothing at all to back it up except pure speculation.

Just to get my point across, I could make up a speculation too and say that non-competitive players tend to be more mature and older and thus have more real life money than PKers so they spend more in CS. It's probably pure nonsense, but sounds valid, huh? Let's just keep to facts, it's a lot better in general...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In the end, money is getting spent, whether it's being spend on a need or on a fun basis isn't important.
    Very true, a company doesn't give a damn as to your motives behind spending money as long as you spend it on them. b:chuckle
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    LC is a competitive server, by that I mean we all strive to be better than the rival guilds. We're not thinking of ways to make level 3x and 4x suffer. Perhaps you should come to our server with a level 1 cleric or w/e so you can fly around and watch our pvp wars.

We don't even need to spend that much money if killing low levels is all we plan to do. In fact, I could probably walk out naked with an NPC weapon and still be able to kill level 3x and 4x easily. But what fun is that?

Dolls aren't the only items we need.
    As stated before, we burn hieros faster than you burn dolls.
    There's many ways to save your hiero from ticking when you PvE, but ticking a hiero in PvP is almost inevitable (especially in a competitive PK War).
    Sure, you might burn hieros in TW, but so do we. In other words, providing people who play here on LC enjoy competitive PvP (that's why we're here right?), we're using hieros twice as fast as people on PvE servers.

By the way, not everyone out there has the same mentality as you towards PvP also. You should not make assumptions that "less and less" people will come to the LC population just because you personally avoid competition. I won't speak for everyone else, but I enjoy competition. In fact, I love it. Its what brings out the most in you, and its what makes the game fun. For those who'd prefer not to wait once a week for TW just to do any pvping, the Lost City server provides exactly what I wanted.

I'll be watching for the next 4 months.
    You better not be wrong, or else it'll be a lot of fun playing the "I-told-you-so" role. b:victory

To your first paragraph, PWI actually started me on Lost City, since it is a Free to Play game, I didn't mind it, and I took 2 toons (cleric and Veno) close to level 30 each. The populace seemed very much like every other PvP server I have experienced in the last 20 years, and I tire of the immaturity associated with them; but the game mechanics of PWI is very good, so it was a good test run overall.

To the second paragraph, honestly, I watched Silvery Pool and Secret Passage, and the 'camping' was pretty ridiculous, but not surprising. As your server gains in levels closing to the maximum, it will be increasing. It's the way of the server and the kind of 'playstyle' the players have that it will attract. Some will be very good players, but the majority are and will continue to be bottom-dwelling, griefing vultures.

3rd paragraph, well, not much to say there, if you truly think you spend more on heiros than those who are playing the same game as you, not much I can say to change your mind. Other than that.

To your last paragraph, my attitude towards PvP.. I will admit it has changed over the years, but then so have the players that are attracted to it. I now seek Realm vs Realm combat, for it seems to have more honor and talent in it's player base.
    PvP servers in the last 10 or so years have been attracting some pretty bad apples, and somehow they are breeding, instead of the quality players that used to fill them.
    Or maybe the quality players just tire of it all, and enjoy the game itself, but not the drama.
    Either way you look at it, PvP populations ALWAYS start very strong, but once the level cap is reached, the server turns onto itself, and it's population dwindles into a shell of what it once was.
    Also, once PvP players find out there's more than enough 'pvp' experience on PvE servers (some MMOs, including PWI), they tend to leave to try and be that 'big fish in a little pond', though usually the pond is much larger than they ever considered.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    alright guys, listen here. you know what i spend a day on charms? PvE related? hmmmm 3 hp charms and 1 mp charm, per day. now, lets see with PK. about 1 hp charm per hour or 2 if i get in group PK. dolls? good days i spend none. my worst day i lost 3x GA. now this is just me, but i love to see when LC players think they are big and bad and have it rough because they play on PK servers.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    alright guys, listen here. you know what i spend a day on charms? PvE related? hmmmm 3 hp charms and 1 mp charm, per day. now, lets see with PK. about 1 hp charm per hour or 2 if i get in group PK. dolls? good days i spend none. my worst day i lost 3x GA. now this is just me, but i love to see when LC players think they are big and bad and have it rough because they play on PK servers.

Spending that much money on dolls and hieros for pk on a server like yours is just funny b:bye Especially since you think those amounts are actually high.

And I'm still waiting for confirmation that there are 50 million "subscibers" playing the PVE servers, as Oishasan has stated b:surrender
  • Tres - Lost City
    Tres - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    And I'm still waiting for confirmation that there are 50 million "subscibers" playing the PVE servers, as Oishasan has stated b:surrender

LOL WUT PVE SERVERS ARE BEASTING WoW b:shocked
    Previous Character: Tres_Iqus 95 MG
    Current Character: Tres Cleric (See level above)
    Conqueror
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Found this post by StickyGreen on another thread:
    i dont buy gold, i buy charms off other players, trust me, go buy urself a gold hp and mp charm bro, they will last you a long time.

So first you say you use up tons of charms and dolls --> PVE server paying lots of money.

And now you say you DON'T buy gold, and that these charms last you a long time. Way to go.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009

So first you say you use up tons of charms and dolls --> PVE server paying lots of money.

And now you say you DON'T buy gold, and that these charms last you a long time. Way to go.

In pure pve condition they do. My charm lasted me for 8 lvls before it broke. In pvp condition charms burn up quick, he's not really contradicting himself.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    In pure pve condition they do. My charm lasted me for 8 lvls before it broke. In pvp condition charms burn up quick, he's not really contradicting himself.

Exactly. They burn much faster here in LC where PK fights are rampant. Thank you for supporting my case.
    alright guys, listen here. you know what i spend a day on charms? PvE related? hmmmm 3 hp charms and 1 mp charm, per day.

Yes, beacuse 3 gold hp charms and 1 mp charm a day is not really much, right?

I smell overexaggeration.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arravis - Lost City

Not to mention, any Cash shop item that someone buys using coin off other players, still means someone on the server did pay real money to buy that item. Regardless of how he got it, every charm used = real money spent. So again, not contradicting himself, try again.
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Not to mention, any Cash shop item that someone buys using coin off other players, still means someone on the server did pay real money to buy that item. Regardless of how he got it, every charm used = real money spent. So again, not contradicting himself, try again.

An example of one person burning up tons of hieros doesn't mean your entire server is spending so much money to get them.
  • devlinne
    devlinne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Allow me to share my little experience with both servers.

I originally started out on sanctuary,at that time i had randomly selected PWI from a mmorpg list. played cos i like the whole half beast half man thing.

But in time i found out that my HARDCORE ppl from anotehr game i used to play are all here! BUT on LC server. So i called up my friend and i asked him, is it worth it to go pvp server?
    The answer was "bro u come here u spend money ALOT ONE!, But your style ah bro, u MUST come here, u cannot tahan in non pvp server bro."

basically for those who don't understand "SINGLISH" he basically told me, that PVP server would require me to spend alot of money, but it is more suited to my STYLE.

So i came over and created a character here. Even tho i am a lowly noob NOW.....That will CHANGE.

The first day i stepped into Lost city server....i realised i am HOME. THE wars, The relentless whining of PKED and the incessant mad fury of the PKERS. I AM HOME!

So in my experience, i can safely say.

To the debate of the " who's spending more issue'.......
    No disrespect to the pve servers....but REALITY is ya'll don't need to buy NOTHING. To play till endgame. So thats THAT.
    Pvp, you don't buy stuff=DIE=NOOB ****= QUIT.No two ways about this.

To the initial question.......

My short story should tell you bro.......it's all about YOU. All about what YOU want.**** i'm like juuuust hitting 40 and i been pked like a motherf^&ker! But i LOVE it! I Love that i have to be on my toes, i love the adrenaline rush.Ppl with HH items kill me at low level......are they noob?Are they pathetic?NO!
    This is the land of the lawless.The ONE place where we can play this game as what it is supposed to be....A GAME!
    That what it is ppl....a ESCAPE FROM REALITY.
    I can tell u........Noone is driving anyone AWAY.

I'd like to think of it as WEENING THE WEAK FROM THE STRONG.
    Those who LOVE the pvp lifestyle WILL stay no matter what you do to them,the pking will only FUEL THEIR desire to get higher and become the next scourge of LC!
    Those who can't take it or find something wrong with it......then best recreate a char in pve server.

To me nothing wrong,no carebear or whatever.
    Just that Pvp and Pve are different BREED of ppl.

Whats wrong is when the wrong breed is on the wrong server.Thats when it gets IRRITATING.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • NeuGui - Heavens Tear
    NeuGui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Bla bla bla...

I love the way Pkers talk.

In reality its like this...

The boys are really dweeby zit faced little mama's boys that still at 30+ years old live in mom and dads basement. Hence all the extra cash for the CS items. They get picked on and laughed at by co-workers or kids at school and couldnt get a date with a hundred dollar bill in a mexican brothel. They make these all mighty PK builds to make them feel at least somewhat manly only to have to log out eventually and face the harsh reality of thier exsistence.

Or...

They are fat ugly girls that have such low self esteem that they have to resort to making a "sexy" toon, so that other "toons" will hit on them making them feel like they matter.

Hmm that about sums up the PvP server for any game...
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Bla bla bla...

The boys are really dweeby zit faced little mama's boys that still at 30+ years old live in mom and dads basement. Hence all the extra cash for the CS items. They get picked on and laughed at by co-workers or kids at school and couldnt get a date with a hundred dollar bill in a mexican brothel. They make these all mighty PK builds to make them feel at least somewhat manly only to have to log out eventually and face the harsh reality of thier exsistence.

Or...

They are fat ugly girls that have such low self esteem that they have to resort to making a "sexy" toon, so that other "toons" will hit on them making them feel like they matter.

Believe whatever makes you feel better.
  • ladydare
    ladydare Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Or...

Wow.... I can't say myself or any of my female friends have EVER played to get hit on, I'm too busy enjoying the game for what it is. I personally tend to play on PvP servers because my friends prefer the option and frankly I LOATHE not being able to do more than whine to KSers and Boss thieves.
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If PW was made purely PVP they'd lose a lot of money.
    If PW was made purely PVE they'd lose a lot of money.

Isn't the best solution to have both?

Although I haven't played the PVP server, I do agree that the PVP rules deserve a little change. Perhaps an agression limit of 20 levels or something?
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    NeuGui - Heavens Tear Bla bla bla...

Or...

Hmmm another person who thinks they know what pkers are irl. Truth is you dont thats what you think because you cant stand being rolled when someone pks you in a game sounds like you need to grow up and not take the game so seriously. For all you know you just got rolled by some hot chick that has a modeling career. Lets see you come back with a "witty" response b:laugh
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Greenfaerie - Sanctuary
    Greenfaerie - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Forget these kiddy pkers

if i wanna kill in an MMORPG i exit out of the perfect world that allows you to lock on a player to kill them. . . I start up my #1 favorite MMORPG Return to castle wolfenstein2 a actual war based game that is nothing but killing other gamers for a REAL challenge, there's no automatic lock on ****.

And I agree with last poster.
    all you know you just got rolled by some hot chick

because in my real clan *Evil* there are 4 hot chicks in our clan who can pwn more than any Perfect world pker.
    BadKittie by day
    Greenfaerie by night
  • Arravis - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Bla bla bla...

Or...

And I love the way PVE players talk. They talk just like you.

[That was sarcastic, in case any of you get fired up.]

Sorry to tell you this, but most of the people on PWI are either adults or well into adulthood. A lot of us live a stable enough life to put money into this game, or we're just ridiculously rich and can have vacations all day long.
    Forget these kiddy pkers

if i wanna kill in an MMORPG i exit out of the perfect world that allows you to lock on a player to kill them. . . I start up my #1 favorite MMORPG Return to castle wolfenstein2 a actual war based game that is nothing but killing other gamers for a REAL challenge, there's no automatic lock on ****.

because in my real clan *Evil* there are 4 hot chicks in our clan who can pwn more than any Perfect world pker.

Not quite sure on this, but I think mentioning other MMOs is not allowed on these forums. Not my rule. b:surrender

P.S. Wanna get married, Fiox? b:cute