Friendship neckless?

Jtune - Heavens Tear
Jtune - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Chronicles
friend got a friendship neckless of some sort and its a 5 hour poof item says something about 2 small sockets . any ideas?
Post edited by Jtune - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have the feeling this quest must be done with two other players who also have the same quest item that gave the flawed pendant.

If they do the same quest together, then end up with the flawed pendant and two orbs each. That must not be a coincidence.... The orbs probably fit into the embedding sockets of the pendant somehow.

All items have a 5 hours duration, too....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ScottGreen - Sanctuary
    ScottGreen - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I believe I just failed this quest. I got 15k exp and I don't remember how much spirit, my 2 friends got 5k exp and less spirit maybe 1k.

Since I can't find anything about this I'll put the little I know here.

1. The quest is started by obtaining an undroppable, untradeable item called Friendship Crystal (or something similar at least) that says to take it to the archosaur elder.

2. He will tell you to bring 2 friends and give you some orb I don't remember the name of that will disappear after 5 hours.

3. Once you have your 2 friends with you (in your squad and close to the elder) tell him you think they may have done it already, he will then check that they haven't and the quest will continue.
    If you use the other dialogue saying it's hard to get people you will fail and get the 5k exp consolation reward and your friends get nothing (I think).

4. All 3 of you must go and find a woman on top of one of the 4 large towers in archosaur. After talking to her you will obtain the Flawed Pendant of Friendship and your friends will obtain the same orb the elder gave you previously.

This is where it went wrong for me so I have nothing more than guesses at what you should do but I suggest you make sure your friends DO NOT go to the elder and get the quest fail dialogue like mine did. At the very least they should make sure to get the success one I mentioned before.

I suspect all 3 of you may need to go to the Seamstress in South Archosaur since she had a silver quest completion icon over her head that I've never noticed before but did not offer me any quests to complete
    edited December 2008
    I suspect all 3 of you may need to go to the Seamstress in South Archosaur since she had a silver quest completion icon over her head that I've never noticed before but did not offer me any quests to complete

This must be relalted to something else.. I also did that quest, but that NPC don't have any icon over her head for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• citrine
    citrine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My friends and I are in the middle of this quest and I've got the Flawed Pendant of Friendship after they turned in their orbs to the Elder of Arch. Now I have no idea where to go with the Pendant.
    anyone have any ideas?
    we've looked everywhere to try and find people who have done this quest xD
  • Blksunrising - Lost City
    Blksunrising - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    im freaking confused too lol

i got 2 of these crystals
  • thetrueblake
    thetrueblake Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I spoke with a couple GM's about this matter, they was clueless as to what quest it was. I do not know exactly what this means lol but imho I think the two orbs your friends have is for the necklace, me and my team mates deducted that as well as the guy in this thread. I found another crystal so it might just work out this time. I will try it in a bit and post my results.
  • Blksunrising - Lost City
    Blksunrising - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i was only able to do the quest once. i had a second crystal in my inventory and the elder did not speak to me about it a second time
    edited December 2008
    i was only able to do the quest once. i had a second crystal in my inventory and the elder did not speak to me about it a second time

From what the elder said, it can only be done once a day if I read well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I just got a Friendship Crystal too and did the quest. As for the logic about your friend's orbs being put into the pendant, that wouldn't work as the orbs were untradeable... I still have no idea what to do with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
    edited December 2008
    mightynyx wrote: »
    As for the logic about your friend's orbs being put into the pendant, that wouldn't work as the orbs were untradeable...

The logic is that if all 3 players doing the quest own a crystal and all three take the quest and do them together, the three of them will end up with a necklace and two orbs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The logic is that if all 3 players doing the quest own a crystal and all three take the quest and do them together, the three of them will end up with a necklace and two orbs...

what i wonder is what to do or where to go with the necklaces, cuz there's no explanation after if got the 15k exp and 3k sp
  • Aiden_Legend - Heavens Tear
    Aiden_Legend - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think i might get it, i just failed it but what has been said so far here makes sense, when you first turn in the quest you get a memory crystal or whatever, then after you turn it in they get one maybe what they have to do isgo and get 2 more friends each then reapeat and when they turn them in you(the original quest getter gets 2 orbs of some sort, and they get a pendant, and so on. but i have to prove my theory or have someome else do it for me. well hope this helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no surviving.... at least not when I'm through with you
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This quest is just plain ... obstructive. The crystal drops very rarely (I got second now, but most of my friends have got none so far) so the rest should make some sense. Friend of mine got one, went to Elder and then wanted me and my wife (his friend too) to get there. So we went there. My wife was there first and just stood there. I came there, he talked to Elder and Elder took the crystal from him saying that his friends are sleeping or what... ok, that is just ridiculous.

Should I even try? I've just got another one from some random beast. Is "friend" someone from your friend list or anyone in your squad? Why is it called friend when you can just get friends for this action anyway. Why is it timed? Imagine I'm grinding during the holidays and all my friends are offline (that happened to me with the first one). It's just plain stupid.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pretty sure it's squad.
  • Lahnora - Sanctuary
    Lahnora - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You have to be in squad -_-.
    Otherwise you just get 5k exp and 1k spirit turn-in option.
  • Wuluvas - Heavens Tear
    Wuluvas - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Earlier i tried doing this quest, with 2 people in squad and right next to the elder, and didn't even give me the second option for it, is there a level requirement or something?
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Gr...=\
    I had two friends in my squad after I turned it in, and both where right up next to the Elder, but it wouldn't give me any other option then the whole 'friends are hard to find, get the EXP and Spirit thing..D:
    I never was able to get the other option..
  • Eilasvia - Lost City
    Eilasvia - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So... no one still know what to do to finishi this quest? =/

If the elder don't give you the second option... check that you have ONLY 2 ppl in your squad and that they are near the elder. If you have more ppl in the squad that isn't near the elder you can't take the right quest.
  • brainfreeze
    brainfreeze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i just finished this quest. even the pendant thing got fixed.
    the 2 squad members u had must do the same quest with other friends, they have this memory orb by now. remind them to NOT pick the option cant find friend (or all friends are sleeping) just buddy someone who has time to do this.
    they too will get a flawed pendant of friendship AND (what u don't have) a stone of friendship, which should be traded to u (they CAN be traded. at least to the person u started the quest with).
    so u need the flawed pendant and 2x stone of friendship to activate the next quest at elder. he will repair the pendant and u get a pendant of friendship. take this thing to the Dance NPC and she will hav the next quest. after some blahblah u finally give her the pendant and get ....... 5k EXP b:surrender
    no special item u can equip or conume b:sad
    thats how far i got, and theres no item with an expiration in my inv anymore. so i guess i finished it.
    u just need to explain the whole thing to the members of ur squad so ull get the 2 stones of friendship from them..

PS: i tried to do this with dummy chars lvl 1 and 2. but quest wont work, so i guess theres a lvl limit.
    i dont QQ, i just read other's QQs b:pleased
  • CheeFox - Heavens Tear
    CheeFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had a similar experience with some friendship orb, not sure if this is the same one or not - these quests get really confuzzling when its all in chinese too.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=139401

Chee
    edited January 2009
    Thank you for the update on this one, brainfreeze.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i believe if all the people in your party are at elder have quest and are on your FL you get 15k or so i heard
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I believe the reward is the friendship ring

gives soemthing like +56 accuracy.
    Back.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    you get 5 reputation from it and a token of friendship, which can be traded in for another 5k exp.

i done it once, next day tried to do it with some others, quest doesn't start with my ther friends, so i didn't get the stone of friendship again.

it could be lvl limited, or maybe some other requirements, not sure. have to try few more times before getting it right....
  • Mastema - Heavens Tear
    Mastema - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I belive everyone doing this quest has to be on each others Friends list as well!
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Quote 1
    "You have to be in squad -_-.
    Otherwise you just get 5k exp and 1k spirit turn-in option."

Quote 2
    "and u get a pendant of friendship. take this thing to the Dance NPC and she will hav the next quest. after some blahblah u finally give her the pendant and get ....... 5k EXP"

Ok.. so let me get this straight due to the fact I just got a Friendship Crystal.. If you opt out with no friends and not running all over the place trying to figure out this crazy quest you get 5K EXP and 1K Spirit.. If you do the entire quest then you get 5K EXP.. And which one do you think im gonna do..

b:laugh b:chuckle b:thanks
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Mohilan - Lost City
    Mohilan - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Quote 1
    "You have to be in squad -_-.
    Otherwise you just get 5k exp and 1k spirit turn-in option."

Quote 2
    "and u get a pendant of friendship. take this thing to the Dance NPC and she will hav the next quest. after some blahblah u finally give her the pendant and get ....... 5k EXP"

Ok.. so let me get this straight due to the fact I just got a Friendship Crystal.. If you opt out with no friends and not running all over the place trying to figure out this crazy quest you get 5K EXP and 1K Spirit.. If you do the entire quest then you get 5K EXP.. And which one do you think im gonna do..

b:laugh b:chuckle b:thanks

LOL, DarkReCon: the guide in post no. 20 is the best and only further guide of the friendship quest. U wont find that somewhere else that well described. If u still didnt get it after all those threads and guides, u must be ..... sry, then u cant be helped.
    Guys, pls first open ur eyes be4 u just write down some non sense...

To summorize the rewards:
    The originally quester gets 15k exp, while ur friends helping u get 5k exp. If u wanna comple the whole quest to get the last pendant, u need altogether SIX friends helping u out. But u can already get the 15k exp with 2 helping u out.
    That quest is actually a lot of fun if u understand how to do it.
    Gl
  • Zarachael - Sanctuary
    Zarachael - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You only get 5k XP for redeeming only an Orb of Memories. Not 15k. Keep your head on straight, and don't tell others they don't know what THEY'RE talking about when you don't yourself.

You get 15k XP for completing the quest in full.
  • fluxxy
    fluxxy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    friend got a friendship neckless of some sort and its a 5 hour poof item says something about 2 small sockets . any ideas?[/QUOTE
    Lol 1 way to get a gf get your frends in there b:chuckleb:victoryb:pleased
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You only get 5k XP for redeeming only an Orb of Memories. Not 15k. Keep your head on straight, and don't tell others they don't know what THEY'RE talking about when you don't yourself.

You get 15k XP for completing the quest in full.

If you're talking to the poster just above you, he's actually correct.

Person with friendship crystal+2 friends do that section of quest, person who had crystal gets 15k+5 hour pendant.
This discussion has been closed.