Pvp...sage Or Demon Bm??

Methuseleh - Lost City
Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Blademaster
Which is superior in pvp, sage bm's or demon bms and why? Also, is one better 1v1 and one better tw? I've heard someone say sage is the best path for bm's but wasn't given a real reason as of why. Please only answer if u have knowledge and/or experience in sage and demon bm skills. Thank you for your input.
Post edited by Methuseleh - Lost City on

Comments

• dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Both are very good and have their advantages.

Heaven/Sage

- Better Chi/Spark/Vigor usage from skills in general ( warriors are highly spark dependent)
    - Better Pdef Buff unless youre willing to spam it if you go hell
    - More raw damage (mastery)
    - Better Physical Sutra

Hell/Demon

- Better stuns ( drake bash longer stun, aeonblade shorter cooldown, roar never miss - shorter cooldown)
    - Pdef buff is better if you're willing to spam it every 15 seconds b:surrender
    - Hell dragon if you ever get it, is just awesome.
    - Better Magical Sutra
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Thnx. any other opinions?
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It will come down to a matter of playstyle and preference. I'd say the Heaven/Hell baths are VERY well balanced in the BM tree.

Another note about Hell, it seems to add more Crit% chance on some skills.

Using the info above, you really just have to choose which bonuses you would rather have, and which best suits your build.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    daemon gives us more crit and sage gives us more survivability.

people say go demon for pvp and sage for pve
    Back.
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Which is superior in pvp, sage bm's or demon bms and why? Also, is one better 1v1 and one better tw? I've heard someone say sage is the best path for bm's but wasn't given a real reason as of why. Please only answer if u have knowledge and/or experience in sage and demon bm skills. Thank you for your input.

If you plan to have above 120 dex at L100. Go demon
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Yeah I'm goin with a dex build for sure. I actually already have 120 dex at 57. So thnx for that information, I'll definately keep it in mind. And it makes sense from what I've gathered.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    doremi12 wrote: »
    If you plan to have above 120 dex at L100. Go demon

Why though? I mean you have 7% critcal hits already so why not get more pure damage instead on relying on the extra 1% critical.

Sorry for the intrusion but I'm pretty curious about this.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Why though? I mean you have 7% critcal hits already so why not get more pure damage instead on relying on the extra 1% critical.

Sorry for the intrusion but I'm pretty curious about this.

It really comes down to the weapon, build and playing style the character is using.

dekciw pretty much said the best of each path, so you can get a general idea from there.

A VIT+STR build would have more normal damage/defense, then it might want to consider going Heaven due to the amount of increasing normal damage and defense.

But it might also consider going with Hell to increase the critical hit, and use the effects to kill faster.

While a DEX build will more likely go with Hell to increase the critical hit chance and effects. But it might also consider going with Heaven because the critical hit chance is already pretty high, and getting more normal damage would make the criticals even higher.

That is with builds, while by playing style it changes.

For example, TW oriented people will go with Hell, due to having a better AoE stun, more stuns, and better ultimate skills.

People that like to duel will more likely go with Heaven, due to having better Marrows, that are class-specific skills, like going full Magical against a Wizard or full Physical against a meele user, etc. Also the better heal is an important skill.

For PK it comes down to what you want to kill, and what weapon you are. But more likely Hell is going to be choosed, due to the stun skills and ultimates.

Heaven Axe/Hammer gets a real combo, that is decreasing the opponent's fire magical defense, then use the ultimate skill to deal Fire damage, with an slight chance to have increased critical due to Highland cleave effect.

And there're more options. As I said it comes down to the build, weapon and playing style of the person. So the best way to choose is to read the skill descriptions for your weapon path and see what skills/combos might suit you the best due to your playing style.
  • warmage
    warmage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would say it depends more on type of wep u use as well. To me it looks like Demon is best for Sword and Polearm and Sage for Axe and Claw. ( i might have mistaken the last skills demon effect though..,.) But that is just my opinion....And also if u find dragon bane being a likely skill choice...-50% damage for +25% crit???
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im getting closer to 89, I've always thought from the start I'd go heaven.

As I get closer I still think about it alot.

For me Heaven has more to offer for PvP, The main disadvantage of not going hell is the Heavens Flame. It's So good, 9 second duration for the win.

But! For PvP and TW. Wr's are heavy on the Vigor, Need survivability.

Main reasons that swung me:
    1) Vigor Skill.
    2) 30% more Pdef / Patk.
    3) Chance of no spark cost for a 100 Vigor stun skill.
    4) And of course the Heaven combo of Fissure reduces enemies Fire resistance by 30% / Heavens Flame doing 2k added fire damage.

TW/PvP it's all about the aoe's, Vigor Dependency, Spike Damage and Survivability.

Im not into boosting attack speed seeing how I do not melee targets to death. Crit's nice but I have alot to begin with.

I am sad that our cloud sprint / Will of the Bodhisatva has no heaven or hell effect.

As everyone who's smart said: "It's all about your play style" I agree with that 100%. Just wanted to give some reasons why I will go heaven.
    It suits me more.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is it possible to select the skills you want as either Sage or Demon. sort of like a cross between the two?

Or is it one path for the other such as if:

If you choose Sage all your skills become Sage
    If you choose Demon all your skills become Demon

Thanks for clarifying this for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is it possible to select the skills you want as either Sage or Demon. sort of like a cross between the two?

Or is it one path for the other such as if:

If you choose Sage all your skills become Sage
    If you choose Demon all your skills become Demon

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

If you go Hell(demon) you can only learn the hell skills
    if you go heaven(sage) you can only learn heaven skills

Also to learn those "hell/heaven" version of the skill you need special books that drop from fb89/fb99/fb109/cube of faith
    ZzXVdr5.png