Chin's Attack on Orchid Temple

2»

Comments

• Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm confused. It's been my experience that once a player loses aggro (gets out of range, dies, teleports, etc.), a monster will run back "home" without attacking any innocent bystanders. Are bosses different? Or are the lurers staying and tanking the boss when it reaches town so that its AoEs kill the bystanders?
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009

2) You can't lure anything to or from Archosaur, there are invisible walls around the city that prevent monsters entering or exiting. Try with a veno and a pet and you'll see.

Yes i always thought it was non walled cities only, Village of lost, Sumor, Anglers, etc.. Either way i think it is hilarious when people do it and wish they would more often

On MY server we used to lure bosses to when our enemies were grinding all the time, much fun
    b:bye
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sorry Frooze, didnt see your post till after i replied, kind of repetitive, but i guess i like the way you think
    b:bye
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pets have a hard time getting in arch, you are gonna bring chin in?
    Prolly not...b:chuckle
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Chin brought to Archosaur has already happened. The guards ate Chin in one hit.
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    Anira_jhol - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My husband and I were riding past a guy last night who was actually luring Chin to Allies Camp. My husband carried me on Kirin...and luckily we were faster...else we would have gotten attacked too.

But we foiled the guy's plan and announced he was luring...and gave everyone time to get away. The guy was pretty mad...but that's ok...because we're sick of jerks like that purposely leading a boss to safe zones, where lower lvls are, just to watch those lower lvls die. And we'll do it again if we see another luring a boss...we don't care if they get mad...they can't actually do anything to me...atleast we wouldn't be breaking any rules.
  • Alegar - Sanctuary
    Alegar - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    They should just take away XP loss in safe zones and make this not against the tos, I have died once like that here I was alt tabbed doing something else and have no clue as to what killed me. I have seen this happen in other games and I always got a chuckle out of it as I was respawning. Games tend to get repetitive at high levels sometimes, it's fun to have some unexpected stuff to cause a little excitement.

Unscheduled events where this happened at random cities/towns would seem fun also. In one game I played, I won't mention the name I will just say the game is horrible and for some reason insanely popular. I was in a lowbie town just piddling around and all of the sudden I see this huge dragon flying toward town and I freaked out I ran but didn't get far. When I ressed that place looked like Jonestown the morning after, was kinda cool was like being in a dragon movie :). It was lured there I didn't know that at the time as it was my first day playing that game but that was one of the reasons I stayed for the short time I did. I hear they have aggro chains there now and this doesn't happen.
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    Anira_jhol - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No it is NOT funny when you work hard to gain the exp. you have just to lose it to some idiot who wants to purposely lure a mob someplace to kill low lvl people. We had this done to us before...where Suzerix had been purposely lured...killed the whole town...not once but three times in one day...that is bullcrap.

Many of us work hard to gain our exp...to lvl up...and we can not do this if some idiot continues to lure bosses to where lower lvls are at. I myself really hate to grind when my quests are all done for that lvl. but because some idiot wants to play at being stupid...I get stuck grinding half my lvl. We can't even get any enjoyment out of the game because people want to be such idiots.

If they can't go and pk someone who is in pk mode...this is the only other way they can watch them die. In my opinion...pkers should be swept into an instance (similar to an FB instance...) this way only those that are in pk mode can go around and kill each other all they want. And as to the luring to villages and such...these bosses should "stop" at a specific distance from the bosses/mobs original "home" location.

This is how many low lvls lose intrest in a game...and therefore never return to the game. People need to "STOP" being idiots...be banned for luring bosses/mobs etc...this is the only way to stop them. GM's need to start coming down harder on these idiots.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    its actually quite funny dont complain about exp loss either, because exp loss when u die isnt much, at ANY level.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Flyff was a boring grindfest, but the size of the giant bosses was amazing. I want some epic huge bosses in PW :)

You should have seen the boss the last day of the closed beta. That thing was huge!! It took a huge amount of players quite some time (15 mins maybe?) to kill it. Anyone have any screenies of that? It was an awesome event. b:laugh
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:lipcurl
    its actually quite funny dont complain about exp loss either, because exp loss when u die isnt much, at ANY level.

I bet you wouldn't think it was funny if you were the victim instead.

It may not seem like alot of exp to you but it will be to the one who lost it.
    Also they may have lost their angel, charms, etc etc from dying.

Perhaps when people learn the meaning of 'Safe Zone', they will learn to respect the fact it is there for a reason.

That said, PWI needs to make 'safe zones' safe.

b:lipcurl
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Flyff was a boring grindfest, but the size of the giant bosses was amazing. I want some epic huge bosses in PW :)

Dunno the size of the FlyFF bosses. But here's a rather gigantic boss.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/2009-01-17-19-56-43.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pharse - Heavens Tear
    Pharse - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have had adalwolf get me at orchid when I was a we lvl 20. I was a bit confused but not angry. I was more angry that everyone didn't team up on him and kick his ****. There were at least 25 people there and everyone just stood there. All low lvls lived but there were quite a few that just stood there and didn't die so they must have been high lvl.

I do think it would be hilarious if a boss was released every once in a while to clear out all the cat shops in the west district of arch.
  • cryotech
    cryotech Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I got smashed at orchid temple once by Chin when i was lower lvl, i thought it was hilarious lol. If someone was doing it non-stop then yea that's silly, but nothing wrong with a random event like that once in a blue.

Oh and whomever mentioned Jewels being lured to CoL, funny that coz i watched that today. Some guy accidentally ran into him and bailed towards CoL, luckily for the oblivious people there, Jewels and his 2 buddies turned back about halfway down the cliff side towards the city.

Just imagine had he made it that far and decided to attack everyone b:laugh